Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
How’s the front?

Loving this Otterbox Lumen...just some quick pics. The case is form fitted to the phone so well. The buttons are incredible too.

xg9otuw.jpg

LUj6E6D.jpg

r4unl9d.jpg

Sparxxx

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2009
So, apparently I've been living under a rock. I realized case companies (Totallee, Bare, Peel, Torras, Pitaka, Elago, + many more) buy $1-$10 cases from China and basically slap their logo/name on cases and sell them for a ridiculous amount of money. I ordered this MagSafe carbon fiber case from AliExpress for $10 and the quality and feel matches Pitaka's. They have lots of fun/interesting designs. Even the same exact ones Pitaka sell. Went on Amazon and 90% of cases sold there are the same ones that go for $1-$5. Only at a 1500% markup. Needless to say, I'll only be purchasing cases from AliExpress moving forward. View attachment 2296008
care to share a link to the case? thanks

BrightCanon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
View attachment 2284516 View attachment 2284517 View attachment 2284519 View attachment 2284520 Dbrand Grip on 15PM. Haven't put the skin on yet, probably won't bother.
Sorry about the crappy photo quality, only camera I had at hand was an old LG phone deep in a drawer from waybackwhen - didn't swap to the 15PM for the phoneless pics. Spigen screen protector (not a good fit) in situ. Love the case, just as good as the 14PM's.
Hi. Is there any lip in the middle area above the screen protector? I’m a little apprehensive about that on this case.

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2012
England
I’ve seen you post in the caudabe thread too, just curious, do you enjoy bashing the sheath? Just sell it and move on.
That post made my blood boil a bit I admit.

No, no enjoyment. I'm quite annoyed that this years Sheath is not as good as last years which I loved! Especially seeing as I had two 10 day waits for them. It's a downer for sure.
I guess negative views on a case you like gets you defensive and needing to tell me what to do with mine?

I've already stated I'm selling on so you'll be happy.

Is the material different this year? Feels harder, less supple.

richxps

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2008
Loving this Otterbox Lumen...just some quick pics. The case is form fitted to the phone so well. The buttons are incredible too.

xg9otuw.jpg

LUj6E6D.jpg

r4unl9d.jpg

xg9otuw.jpg

LUj6E6D.jpg

r4unl9d.jpg
Are the edges tight and firm or does it have some weak spots ? Pics look great

Reactions: thatappleguytoday

CMoore515

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2015
Des Moines, IA
That post made my blood boil a bit I admit.

No, no enjoyment. I'm quite annoyed that this years Sheath is not as good as last years which I loved! Especially seeing as I had two 10 day waits for them. It's a downer for sure.
I guess negative views on a case you like gets you defensive and needing to tell me what to do with mine?

I've already stated I'm selling on so you'll be happy.

Is the material different this year? Feels harder, less supple.
To your point, I've noticed the same things.

To me, material definitely feels harder. I'll probably sell both of mine soon, too.

Reactions: Pug72

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Ships in polybag, ideal for business customers - WTF o_O
I suppose if you were buying in bulk (say for example an IT department outfitting a large office with hundreds of company issued phones), the smaller amount of waste would be a plus?

Reactions: Mr.C

lordj81

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2023
lol I just came here to see if anyone had the Enzo Aramid case. Looks fantastic on the Natural man I think I’m in love. Are the insides of the buttons plastic? I wouldn’t want metal hitting my buttons all the time.

Reactions: Bkdodger

nanohits

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2009
Adelaide, Australia
I dislike clear cases with that butt ugly Magsafe rings. I decided to go with a covered one. Much more elegant for me at least.

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
I dislike clear cases with that butt ugly Magsafe rings. I decided to go with a covered one. Much more elegant for me at least.

I can understand why people don’t like them …I’m good either way as long it’s a solid case and has strong magnets …I like the gold ring against the color of the titanium phone ..if I’m going out to dinner or event I switch my case…even go without a case at times …variety is good

CMoore515

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2015
Des Moines, IA
So how are people feeling about the Phone Rebel Gen 5? I still love it but it hasn't been back on my phone. It's been the Synthesis and the Spigen Aramid for me.

I like it, but I don't like how heavy it makes the phone feel. I've been going caseless and with the Apple Silicone since Friday. I'm still deciding but the Phone Rebel may be getting sold if I can't outright return it.

Reactions: VaderRulez

shamash

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2008
Portland, Oregon
I'm so sad... Just got the Casely Frida case for my 15PM. It's SO beautiful, but they made it for a toggle instead of the action button. The action button is unpressable unless you use your finger nail. If it was a $20 case I'd be fine with it, but for a $50 case it's unacceptable. I emailed them asking if they were going to be redesigning them, or sending out a button attachment like other casemakers have, but they sent me a copy+paste response thinking I was talking about stiff buttons. I'll give them a few days to clarify after my response to their email, but if there's not gonna be a fix this will be a straight up return.

Reactions: Mr.C and thekidat
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.