Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

cannono

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2014
FineWoven looks bad… The fabric patch only being on the back, the material itself showing smudges/durability concerns, and reports that it feels light/cheap compared to the leather cases have me turned off.

Sounds like it should not cost the same as leather when it is basically just a plastic and polyester case, yet it is $60 like leather was before they yanked it last week.

I’d probably be interested if the fabric wrapped around the sides like the leather or silicone cases, but the cheap Nomad case look is no good.

Reactions: TroyJam and iFone88

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
I say that every time I get a new phone and it doesn’t happen. I end up with 10 at least.
I've found my people! (I was pretty good with the 14 Pro...I only got 7). I'm trying....trying to stay to 3-4 this time around. I've ordered 2, and will almost certainly get a leather one from either Andar or Nomad (I had both last time, and like both, but I'm just going to pick one).

• Love
Reactions: Sweet_Caroline

eekcat

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2010
Any recommendations for a (preferably clear) Frameless case that works with MagSafe?

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
FineWoven looks bad… The fabric patch only being on the back, the material itself showing smudges/durability concerns, and reports that it feels light/cheap compared to the leather cases have me turned off.

Sounds like it should not cost the same as leather when it is basically just a plastic and polyester case, yet it is $60 like leather was before they yanked it last week.

I’d probably be interested if the fabric wrapped around the sides like the leather or silicone cases, but the cheap Nomad case look is no good.
Yea I am really not feeling these new cases. They may need to go back to the drawing board on their leather case alternative here. The material in some pictures reminds me of a cheap car seat.

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
Is there is noticeable difference in the Nomad cases that use Horween leather vs the non Horween?

csi24

macrumors regular
Nov 20, 2007
Maryland
Are you referring to the magfit case? If so, I can't comment on that because the one I had was the anti-yellowing one. Sorry, should've specified which version of the case I had. I imagine they would've fixed that by now if it was a widespread issue.

Nah, that's more on me. You didn't say Magfit, so I should've figured you didn't have that one. I bought it anyway. If it starts coming loose, it'll likely happen within the first 30 days

Reactions: Djones96

allprologue

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2014
I ordered the magbak in blue for my white PM, it seems really useful so I hope the grip is acceptable because this is my first 6.7" phone lmao

Tee Eff Enn

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2021
Has anyone used the Otterbox cases that Apple sell? I might get this in combination with the natural PM

OtterBox Lumen Series Case with MagSafe for iPhone 15 Pro Max - Black

1694807203825.png

Reactions: Adamj53

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
Is there any padding on the inside of the metal buttons or just raw metal?
Raw metal unfortunately. Something I’m going to start talking about in videos for sure.

Attachments

• IMG_2859.jpeg
    IMG_2859.jpeg
    393.4 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_2862.jpeg
    IMG_2862.jpeg
    362.4 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_2861.jpeg
    IMG_2861.jpeg
    338.3 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_2860.jpeg
    IMG_2860.jpeg
    398.3 KB · Views: 164

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Raw metal unfortunately. Something I’m going to start talking about in videos for sure.

That sucks and I just ordered one yesterday :(

Sure don't want my nice black titanium buttons all scratched up

Sweet looking case though.

Last edited:

dsteve

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2011
I went with the Spigen Ultra Hybrid MagFit for the 15PM. Turns out I got the non-MagSafe one for the 13PM two years ago and it’s been…fine, I guess.

Good grip, but a bit thicker than I’d prefer. I don’t use MagSafe right now so maybe I should have gone with a lighter non-MagSafe one for a few bucks cheaper and a tad lighter.

Anotoneher

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2011
That sucks and I just ordered one yesterday :(

Sure don't want my nice black titanium buttons all scratched up

Sweet looking case though.

Maybe get a random sticker and use scissors to cut little rectangles and pop them on to act as a barrier? Pitaka cases fit very tightly when the phone is on so I can't imagine there being any wiggle to the buttons that would cause it to shimmy on the phone buttons and scratch them. I ordered mine today before seeing those photos. If it looks like it might be an issue I'll try applying stickers and see if that works. Pitaka has a solid return policy so you're covered if you don't like it.

tomacwhite

macrumors regular
May 1, 2009
England
I went for the Apple Storm Blue (I think it's called!)

I usually end up getting a soft clear case and another from Spigen to try out.

Additionally, I need a Quadlock one for my motorcycle too!

I'd really like to go naked

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Maybe get a random sticker and use scissors to cut little rectangles and pop them on to act as a barrier? Pitaka cases fit very tightly when the phone is on so I can't imagine there being any wiggle to the buttons that would cause it to shimmy on the phone buttons and scratch them. I ordered mine today before seeing those photos. If it looks like it might be an issue I'll try applying stickers and see if that works. Pitaka has a solid return policy so you're covered if you don't like it.

Yea, I have a bunch of old Dbrand skins that I could cut stickers out of.

The first Phone Rebel buttons were also raw metal but they wised up and added a protective coating after a while.

Last edited:
Reactions: NBKindaGirl

chubbychicken

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2008
Toronto, Canada
I think the clay (More like Grey) is pretty nice and would complement the Blue titanium iphone well.

After debating back and forth between this and a the fine woven case, I decided to order the clay silicone case.

contacos

macrumors 603
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
Anyone tried one of these before? I don’t like bulky cases and prefer to see the color of my iPhone. this one seems somewhat slim.

I wonder how fast it turns piss yellow tho

For now I ordered this one (2nd picture) on Amazon

Attachments

• IMG_0084.png
    IMG_0084.png
    259.6 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_0085.jpeg
    IMG_0085.jpeg
    900 KB · Views: 131

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
Given that I am moving up to the Pro Max and the sides will now be brushed titanium, I think I might go for a case with open sides. What are good options for cases that are slimmer but still with good drop protection, and open sides?

thecautioners

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2022
I lied. I just ordered the guava silicone case 😂

I’ll go see orange sorbet in person and return guava while I’m in the store if I prefer the orange, but I’m leaning toward guava. It’s just so pretty. I’ve spent way too much money today on 2 phones and 2 cases so I figured what’s one more hit? Keeps the good brain chemicals flowing, I love new toys 😅

Ariel32

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
EXTREMELY high quality cases. My wife gets one for every phone, and they still look and feel excellent two years later when she upgrades. They arent cheap, but they are VERY well made, fit well, no sag, and the colors actually hold up really well. I dont evangelize accessories often, but they are 10/10 for us.
Thank you very much for your feedback. They are fairly expensive, but I am willing to give it a go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.