Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
I have decided that I'm not going to keep my blue FineWoven either. The material is just not going to be durable enough and it'll tire/wear very quickly and probably tear easily if I drop it.

I'm going for a Decoded Navy leather case;

It seems, according to the description they have upgraded their leathers this year so should hopefully be decent! 10% off first order using code DCD10

Hedo

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2016
As I wrote in another thread just now I got the blue finewoven case for iPhone 15 Pro Max and I don't like it at all, so it's going back. Doesn't feel premium for the price, the finewoven backside seems like it'll stain easily and don't like the in-hand feeling of the case.

So I ordered Andar Aspen in Camel Tan, it's expensive enough with shipping and import duty to Norway but it's the closest to the Apple leather cases I've seen. And from earlier posts it seems to have better leather quality and patinas nicely than the laste generations of Apple leather cases.

I contemplated getting a horween case from Nomad but don't like the TPU sides and that it hasn't been pinky friendly in earlier iterations and having stiff buttons. The Decoded leather cases are available locally but I don't like them branding it on the backside and the leather on the 13 Pro Max case I had before doesn't really patina.

Have anyone recieved their Andar Aspen case for the 15 Pro or Pro Max and can share som pictures? The picture on their website doesn't show the action button but I hope they've included it and not just put a hole for it.

Last edited:

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
I went for the decoded leather (tan). Never bought from this brand, hope the patina is nice…
Pictures I've seen of their cases in the past look very similar to fitment of Apple cases but with the older Apple leather quality so I'm hopeful!

I've only tried one of their hard back cases before and I remember the fitment and buttons beign spot on!

Reactions: cucafcp

Hedo

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2016
I went for the decoded leather (tan). Never bought from this brand, hope the patina is nice…

This is my Decoded leather case for iPhone 13 Pro Max, used for about 6 months.

IMG_5015.jpg

It is a bit darker in real life than the picture but the blue leather doesn't really seem to patina that much. This might be different with the lighter tan color.

The case feels great in the hand, the buttons are metal and tactile, and it has a nice fit on the phone. I'm sure you'll be happy with the case!

Reactions: julit0 and cucafcp

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
This is my Decoded leather case for iPhone 13 Pro Max, used for about 6 months.

View attachment 2262427

It is a bit darker in real life than the picture but the blue leather doesn't really seem to patina that much. This might be different with the lighter tan color.

The case feels great in the hand, the buttons are metal and tactile, and it has a nice fit on the phone. I'm sure you'll be happy with the case!
Like that a lot.

Will have to be careful with that metal camera ring!

Reactions: cucafcp and Hedo

Hedo

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2016
I see that the Nomad leather cases for the 15-series have gotten an upgrade to anodized aluminum buttons, so maybe they finally have proper tactile buttons this year!

Reactions: eleite and KO7

Arcontia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2017
The Clay Silicone Case from Apple looks great - I feel like we haven’t had a Silicone Case in this colour for quite some time and it looks quite classy:

645BB3E2-0930-443B-A323-E638117A0405.jpeg

Only thing is, actually can‘t decide between this or its Finewoven counterpart.

match14

macrumors regular
May 1, 2014
I have decided that I'm not going to keep my blue FineWoven either. The material is just not going to be durable enough and it'll tire/wear very quickly and probably tear easily if I drop it.

I'm going for a Decoded Navy leather case;

It seems, according to the description they have upgraded their leathers this year so should hopefully be decent! 10% off first order using code DCD10
Looks close to an Apple leather case

Reactions: iFone88

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
You think the metal ring will cause issues?
Not issue, just if it chips it may look a bit scruffy.

It looks like my Navy one will have black camera ring so I can just use a Sharpie to touch in if needed. I might actually touch in their white text that's on it, saying that.

Last edited:

match14

macrumors regular
May 1, 2014
Not issue, just if it chips it may look a bit scruffy.

It looks like my Navy one will have black camera ring so I can just use a Sharpie to touch in if needed. I might actually tough in their white text that's on it, saying that.
Good to know

DaGrandMastah

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2011
I sent them an email about this as well. I love their cases but want to make sure it's not a cutout before I order.

DaGrandMastah

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2011
As I wrote in another thread just now I got the blue finewoven case for iPhone 15 Pro Max and I don't like it at all, so it's going back. Doesn't feel premium for the price, the finewoven backside seems like it'll stain easily and don't like the in-hand feeling of the case.

So I ordered Andar Aspen in Camel Tan, it's expensive enough with shipping and import duty to Norway but it's the closest to the Apple leather cases I've seen. And from earlier posts it seems to have better leather quality and patinas nicely than the laste generations of Apple leather cases.

I contemplated getting a horween case from Nomad but don't like the TPU sides and that it hasn't been pinky friendly in earlier iterations and having stiff buttons. The Decoded leather cases are available locally but I don't like them branding it on the backside and the leather on the 13 Pro Max case I had before doesn't really patina.

Have anyone recieved their Andar Aspen case for the 15 Pro or Pro Max and can share som pictures? The picture on their website doesn't show the action button but I hope they've included it and not just put a hole for it.
I sent them an email about this before I ordered - they have great cases and the leather is very high quality but I want to make sure the action button is covered.

Arcontia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2017

Finewoven actually looks decent here. Zollotech interestingly compares the Pacific Blue Finewoven case with the Pacific Blue iPhone 12 Pro, and they look like quite different shades of blue. Can also infer that the 12 Pro Pacific Blue looks notably lighter than the incoming 15 Pro Blue Titanium

6CBB1A8F-B947-434D-8EFD-78955D15A14A.jpeg

thecautioners

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2022
Are there any downsides to apple silicone cases, aside from lint? How is the protection? I was thinking of keeping my 15PM naked but I am in LOVE with the guava and orange sorbet silicone cases. I love both equally so I have to see them in person and decide then.

Should I expect them to not be on display at the Apple Store until the 22nd?

Reactions: julit0

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Are there any downsides to apple silicone cases, aside from lint? How is the protection? I was thinking of keeping my 15PM naked but I am in LOVE with the guava and orange sorbet silicone cases. I love both equally so I have to see them in person and decide then.

The biggest downside for me is they feel great out of the box but after a few weeks they become tacky and very very grippy and don't slide in and out of pockets easily

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA

Yes on the display thing. I remember last year, iPhone 14 cases were able to be picked up a week prior to launch, but they could only bring out the ones I ordered for pickup when I went in. I was hoping I could shop for other colors just to see.

Other than lint, the lighter colors can stain easily on darker smudges. Protection wise, it's ok...maybe a 3 ft drop 1-2 times, and you'd probably want to replace it.

I have two cases I can pickup today at the Apple Store (it's only 0608PDT) so I'll post up if they do have cases on display - but I highly doubt it.

Hedo

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2016
I sent them an email about this before I ordered - they have great cases and the leather is very high quality but I want to make sure the action button is covered.
I sure hope it comes with it covered, if you get an answer from them please share here.

thecautioners

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2022
The biggest downside for me is they feel great out of the box but after a few weeks they become tacky and very very grippy and don't slide in and out of pockets easily
hmmm. I feel like I could live with that. I don’t mind grippy, it would slip out of my hand less. I’ll just use the return policy if I hate putting it in my pocket haha

thecautioners

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2022
Yes on the display thing. I remember last year, iPhone 14 cases were able to be picked up a week prior to launch, but they could only bring out the ones I ordered for pickup when I went in. I was hoping I could shop for other colors just to see.

Other than lint, the lighter colors can stain easily on darker smudges. Protection wise, it's ok...maybe a 3 ft drop 1-2 times, and you'd probably want to replace it.

I have two cases I can pickup today at the Apple Store (it's only 0608PDT) so I'll post up if they do have cases on display - but I highly doubt it.
Do the lighter colors discolor easily? Not just smudges, but actual discoloration on the sides like most clear cases… and the Caudabe synthesis I had for my 14PM :( I had dark green and the sides turned blackish after use. Very sad as I loved the case and strong magnet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.