Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
Do the lighter colors discolor easily? Not just smudges, but actual discoloration on the sides like most clear cases… and the Caudabe synthesis I had for my 14PM :( I had dark green and the sides turned blackish after use. Very sad as I loved the case and strong magnet.
No, I don't think they lose color or discolor. I have a Red Silicon on a 12 I use on my Motorcycle and that's doing ok, even exposed to the elements as it is.

It is a soft-feel and "porous" maybe, so that's why I think it can stain easily.

Anotoneher

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2011
Ordered the Pitaka Pro today directly from Pitaka (amazon has them as well but the photos are of the 14 model so I was hesitant to order directly from Amazon). Side note: Amazon has the 2 pack of Anker 6 foot nylon wrapped usb c to usb c cables 10% off today. Normal price is $12.99. Solid deal for anyone needing quality cables.

Reactions: darrinS

Ariel32

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
Does anyone have good experience with Casetify? There is design I absolutely love, but I have never had their cases.

dhson91

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2013

Anotoneher

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2011
Ordered the Pitaka Pro 4, Ringke Onyx Magnetic and the black Otterbox Symmetry.

The date to receive my phone has slipped to 09/29 :confused:
Every iPhone I've ever preordered has arrived close to a week late (all through ATT). The 2 iPhones I didn't preorder I just walked in ATT the day of release on my lunch break and walked out a half hour later with a new iPhone. Stores usually get 50 or so for launch day and the days of stores being sold out a hour after opening doesn't happen anymore. Pre-ordering doesn't really make sense unless you're in a situation where you can't leave your home or simply don't want to leave your home.

Reactions: phillytim

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
Just received the Pitaka MagEZ Case 4 today for my 15 Pro and so far, I'm loving how it looks! It's very soft and is constructed of Kevlar. it's probably the thinnest phone case I've used yet, and I'm astonished at how it works with MagSafe, yet it's so low profile. the open sides, top, and bottom won me over, and will showcase the titanium brushed finish amazingly!
View attachment 2262245 View attachment 2262244
img_1984-jpeg.2262243
Love Pitaka but can't live with the finger prints.

Reactions: Hooterville

DaveOP

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Portland, OR
Does anyone have good experience with Casetify? There is design I absolutely love, but I have never had their cases.
EXTREMELY high quality cases. My wife gets one for every phone, and they still look and feel excellent two years later when she upgrades. They arent cheap, but they are VERY well made, fit well, no sag, and the colors actually hold up really well. I dont evangelize accessories often, but they are 10/10 for us.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Just received the Pitaka MagEZ Case 4 today for my 15 Pro and so far, I'm loving how it looks! It's very soft and is constructed of Kevlar. it's probably the thinnest phone case I've used yet, and I'm astonished at how it works with MagSafe, yet it's so low profile. the open sides, top, and bottom won me over, and will showcase the titanium brushed finish amazingly!
View attachment 2262245 View attachment 2262244
img_1984-jpeg.2262243
How soft is the case. With no soft lining inside, is there a risk of the sides being scratched

Syk

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010
The Clay Silicone Case from Apple looks great - I feel like we haven’t had a Silicone Case in this colour for quite some time and it looks quite classy:

View attachment 2262461

Only thing is, actually can‘t decide between this or its Finewoven counterpart.
Probably already mentioned but Clay doesn't look like the photo on Apples Website. It's more of a Gray, on Apples site it looks to be more of a Flat Dark Earth color.
I snipped a clip from YouTube of the Clay Silicone Case
1694795533779.png

Arcontia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2017
Probably already mentioned but Clay doesn't look like the photo on Apples Website. It's more of a Gray, on Apples site it looks to be more of a Flat Dark Earth color.
I snipped a clip from YouTube of the Clay Silicone Case
View attachment 2263403
interesting, thanks. I think would still compliment blue titanium well.

Meanwhile I’m also curious to see comparisons between the Winter Blue silicone and the 14 Pro’s Sky silicone case, looks quite similar

Reactions: KO7

CPark98

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2016
How soft is the case. With no soft lining inside, is there a risk of the sides being scratched
It's not a soft touch material so if particulates do get inside, there's a chance it might scratch the titanium, but I'm not too concerned if that does happen. it already does leave half the phone exposed anyways and I have AC+.

Reactions: Bazooka-joe

Syk

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010
interesting, thanks. I think would still compliment blue titanium well.

Meanwhile I’m also curious to see comparisons between the Winter Blue silicone and the 14 Pro’s Sky silicone case, looks quite similar
Yeah it should. Just wanted to make sure what you see may not be what you get hahah but I do think it'll look good with the blue

dhson91

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2013
Can anyone recommend a good clear case?
try this one Torras Magnetic Clear for iPhone 15 promax case

Reactions: AVBeatMan

csi24

macrumors regular
Nov 20, 2007
Maryland
I had a spigen ultra hybrid for my 13 PM and loved it. Ordered one for my 15 PM and it got delivered yesterday. I think it'll be a great case.

Did they ever fix the magnets from peeling inside the case? I had one for my 13 PM, and within the 30 day Amazon return period they started coming loose

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Did they ever fix the magnets from peeling inside the case? I had one for my 13 PM, and within the 30 day Amazon return period they started coming loose
Are you referring to the magfit case? If so, I can't comment on that because the one I had was the anti-yellowing one. Sorry, should've specified which version of the case I had. I imagine they would've fixed that by now if it was a widespread issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.