Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Fried_Gold

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2013
United Kingdom
The listing is still there but the 15 Pro and 15 Pro Max cases are currently unavailable. 🤔

PITAKA Ultra Thin Magnetic Case Compatible with iPhone 15 Aramid Fibre Magnetic Protective Case with 3D Texture Feel Scratch-Resistant [MagEZ Case 4] Over The Horizon https://amzn.eu/d/2B7kjCW
They were all in stock for every model earlier today and now they are all pretty much gone. 🤔

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
W
They were all in stock for every model earlier today and now they are all pretty much gone. 🤔
I’ve noticed that they seem to go in and out of stock quite often. I think they maybe harder to manufacture than cases made of other materials. I think you just have to keep checking regularly. 🤔

Reactions: Fried_Gold

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
Mous Limitless 5.0 in Atlantic Blue just arrived. Initial impressions are good - comfy to hold/rest on pinkie, buttons are excellent, love the grippy bits on the sides. The back is interesting, it's a fabric of some sort, not sure how best to describe it so I've tried to show a close up where you can see the texture. I think I like it, but will leave it on for a few days and see how it goes.

Personally I'd rather the entire case was the plastic type that is around the edges and the camera, that feels good to me. If I were them I'd scrap the overlay fabric bit and just have the plastic!
if you know, are the sides the same material as their other limitless cases? i love the look of their cases but the material is too slippery for my small hands.

SweetLou122

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2011
Yeah I had a simple black Ringke case back on an old iPhone (probably a 5 or something!) and it had the cutouts. One downside I've noticed throughout the day - it shows fingerprints/smudges quite easily. Everyone's different I know so YMMV.

Yeah something like that, I've liked it so much I've actually ordered the speckled black one today too so will see how it compares.
I did the opposite, I have the speckled black one and have the forest green fabric on order.

Surfsalot

Suspended
Mar 18, 2023
Sides are too soft on the sheath, pull away too easily, especially from near the buttons, try it.

MM301

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2020
Sides are too soft on the sheath, pull away too easily, especially from near the buttons, try it.
I couldn’t disagree more. This is probably as stiff a case from a pull perspective outside of rigid cases.

Are you referring to the Sheath for the 15 series? My old Sheath (maybe iPhone 11 series) was a bit more TPU like where they were easier to pull.

Edit: Check TechnicallyTee’s video on this. He is critical of this in his case reviews which I appreciate and I recall the Sheath passing with flying colors.

Reactions: JBlass421 and AE14

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
I couldn’t disagree more. This is probably as stiff a case from a pull perspective outside of rigid cases.

Are you referring to the Sheath for the 15 series? My old Sheath (maybe iPhone 11 series) was a bit more TPU like where they were easier to pull.

Edit: Check TechnicallyTee’s video on this. He is critical of this in his case reviews which I appreciate and I recall the Sheath passing with flying colors.
You’re correct. He raved about the sheath and synthesis in this regard

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
I find the sides of the Sheath fairly stiff, but not as rigid as the Mous Limitless. Where it really falls short though is in torsional stiffness. Without a back plate it twists like a wet noodle, which probably explains why we’ve had two phones break from minor drops in a Sheath.

Reactions: Surfsalot

Zedicus16

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2023
United States
I find the sides of the Sheath fairly stiff, but not as rigid as the Mous Limitless. Where it really falls short though is in torsional stiffness. Without a back plate it twists like a wet noodle, which probably explains why we’ve had two phones break from minor drops in a Sheath.
Are you talking about the sheath for the 15? It's made different than previous versions and more rigid/stiff. I haven't tried it but Tees video made it look much better.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Are you talking about the sheath for the 15? It's made different than previous versions and more rigid/stiff. I haven't tried it but Tees video made it look much better.
Yes, the latest case. The edges are perhaps a little stiffer, but it still twists very easily. To me it feels the same as the older models in this regard. It’s a nice case, but not very protective (not that it’s intended to be a rugged case).

Zedicus16

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2023
United States
Yes, the latest case. The edges are perhaps a little stiffer, but it still twists very easily. To me it feels the same as the older models in this regard. It’s a nice case, but not very protective.
Ah, good to know. I am so far happy with the synthesis but like everyone else always on the search for the perfect case haha. Thanks :)

Reactions: Zensō

Surfsalot

Suspended
Mar 18, 2023
Same sides come away from the phone when I dropped it onto a cupboard draw, about 3 ft drop lol, cracked screen on the side.

• Sad
Reactions: Zensō

Gridlink

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2023
anyone who has ordered from this store? https://a.aliexpress.com/_mqPOyMU

I got a grey Nappa leather case from them yesterday. It took 12 days from ordering to receiving it in the US. I posted about the case a page or two back and it's really nice.

A couple of other members have bought from them before and as far as I can recall they've all had positive experiences. YMW likely makes a large portion of the leather cases many companies rebadge, label, or have built to spec.

thekidat

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2017
Bay Area, CA
I got a grey Nappa leather case from them yesterday. It took 12 days from ordering to receiving it in the US. I posted about the case a page or two back and it's really nice.

A couple of other members have bought from them before and as far as I can recall they've all had positive experiences. YMW likely makes a large portion of the leather cases many companies rebadge, label, or have built to spec.
Man I'm jealous. I ordered my crazy horse from them on Oct 14 and still haven't received it.

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Also just arrived is the Mous Super Thin in black. I ordered this on a bit of a whim when ordering the above Limitless case as I've often enjoyed very thin cases but not found one I like for the 15 Pro. My initial impression is excellent - it's a lovely feeling material, comfy to hold/rest on pinkie, and I've always enjoyed thin cases like this that just have cutouts for all buttons, obviously I know many don't so YMMV.

There is a small amount of case higher than the screen for protection when placing face down, I've tried to take a close up side on to show how much. It's minimal, but I personally accept this when using thin cases like this, I don't think many have both.

I'm leaving my Limitless on the phone for now, but will try this too in a few days.

This year I tried thin cases from Nudient, Bare, Torras, Totallee and Peel, and this is the best of the lot IMO. I'll be keeping it for sure - I always like to have at least 1 very thin case in my 'stock', and this will be it for the 15 Pro.
Love the wallpaper, mind sharing?!

Reactions: VaderRulez

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
if you know, are the sides the same material as their other limitless cases? i love the look of their cases but the material is too slippery for my small hands.
I'm not sure, sorry/ I've since ordered the speckled fabric and fibre versions so will see when they arrive.
I think it’s time for Caudabe to change their buttons.
I couldn't agree more! Sheath and Synthesis are 2 of my very favourite cases, except the buttons. They're not terrible for a single piece case like this, but I just personally would much much if they weren't single piece and were better. Each to their own though I know.

Reactions: AE14

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
Love the wallpaper, mind sharing?!
Yeah no worries, here it is.

It's actually one I made myself for my Mac, then I just cropped this version for my phone. I'm a bit OCD about ideally wanting the same wallpaper on my Mac, iPad and iPhone 🤦🏻‍♂️

Attachments

• Waves.png
    Waves.png
    188.8 KB · Views: 119

Fried_Gold

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2013
United Kingdom
Managed to order the PITAKA for 15 Pro, randomly came in stock so that's the Apple silicone being returned next week. Hoping it's the next best thing to going nude.

Cruncher

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2010

I received the blue YMW and just also ordered a grey one. I am really happy with it. It is almost identical to the Lonli Classic but better. The Magsafe Magnets are correctly aligned and the bottom speaker don`t have a cutout. They only have speaker holes like the Apple Silicon case. I rally like it.

I still need to take some pictures but the color looks much different than IRL.

Reactions: Gridlink and kvlq

silvereddi

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2023
If someone was waiting for the Aspen Andar in white to be in stock again, now it is! First I wanted to get it, but now Ive got the Moft in white and Aulumu in white, so I will have to pass on it.

"We just wanted to give you a heads up and let you know that the The Aspen | Apple iPhone iPhone 15 Pro Max | Pre-Order / Blanc is back in stock and ready to go!"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.