Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Allin44

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2014
My brand new case arrived: Speck Presidio Grip 2 in Purple

View attachment 2305843

Would love to hear how you like it. Never owned a Speck case before (usually an Otterbox Symmetry user), but the ClickLock accessories, particularly the wallet, look very appealing to me. Thinking about ordering the Presidio 2 and the wallet soon

JetBlack7

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2011
Portugal
Would love to hear how you like it. Never owned a Speck case before (usually an Otterbox Symmetry user), but the ClickLock accessories, particularly the wallet, look very appealing to me. Thinking about ordering the Presidio 2 and the wallet soon
I have used Speck for a few years now, and always used the Presidio & Presidio Grip. Previously, the "ribs" n the Grip were made of rubber, which I preferred. Nowadays, they made it the same material as the whole case. It's a slick and soft feeling case, not too bulky.

I've also used Symmetry for a few years and like it a lot. I could do without the Click Lock thing, but whatever.

Allin44

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2014
I have used Speck for a few years now, and always used the Presidio & Presidio Grip. Previously, the "ribs" n the Grip were made of rubber, which I preferred. Nowadays, they made it the same material as the whole case. It's a slick and soft feeling case, not too bulky.

I've also used Symmetry for a few years and like it a lot. I could do without the Click Lock thing, but whatever.

They sell versions of both Presidio models without the clicklock!

Brandy-Boi

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2020
I have the Mous in Atlantic Blue due for delivery today! But it's for my 15 Pro, not Pro Max. Will try and remember to post pics anyway.
Nice to hear! I can't find too many pics on it online in proper lighting, it was originally called "Blue Fabric" on Amazon and I wonder if there's actual fabric on the back.

Delorean2006

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2012
I have had my phone rebel gen 5 for over a week now and after trying 9 different cases and not happy with any of them. I’ve finally settled on my 1 case for my 15pm. Now if they can come out with the camera ring and buttons in titanium blue so I can match my phone. Hopefully any day now.

ExAndroidUsr

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2020
My Lonli Edition finally came in. I love the color and feel, the buttons (volume up, volume down) have more width than Apples though. I am very happy with it for now. Pictures of the Lonli on the 15 Pro compared to the OG Apple 11 Pro Saddle brown (once) leather case 😊

IMG_7404 (1).jpg
IMG_7406 (1).jpg
IMG_7407 (1).jpg
IMG_7409 (1).jpg
IMG_7410 (1).jpg

Hansana

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2014
7811340cac68238bcea8bb91bccde395.jpg

I accidentally bought the winter blue instead of storm blue. If anyone in Melbourne Australia happy to sell it for $50 (RRP $79). Brand new still sealed.

Last edited:

Hansana

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2014
Can't you just return and get a full refund?

I bought it from a authorised reseller unfortunately. They only do store credit after a hefty 20% re stocking fee. It was also then I learnt storm blue is exclusive for Apple stores.

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
I bought it from a authorised reseller unfortunately. They only do store credit after a hefty 20% re stocking fee. It was also then I learnt storm blue is exclusive for Apple stores.
Ah fair enough.

20%?! Cheeky feckers

BrightCanon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008

They make a Candy Grip now that’s very similar but doesn't have the Click Lock. Also a little less bulky.
Nice to hear! I can't find too many pics on it online in proper lighting, it was originally called "Blue Fabric" on Amazon and I wonder if there's actual fabric on the back.
I believe I read it’s the same material as the Speckled Fabric. If so it’s kinda a rubbery cloth. I loved it on my old case.

JetBlack7

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2011
Portugal
They make a Candy Grip now that’s very similar but doesn't have the Click Lock. Also a little less bulky.

I believe I read it’s the same material as the Speckled Fabric. If so it’s kinda a rubbery cloth. I loved it on my old case.
I loved the candy grip. Might get one later.

Is it less bulky? Thought it was the same.

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
An updated version of the UAG Civilian with an Action button was available on Amazon for a few days, then they pulled the Action button version and replaced it with a cut out version (see below). Strange. Has anybody heard anything more about what they’re up to?
View attachment 2305838
View attachment 2305839
I ordered the button cover version while it was listed on Amazon (UK), but the one I got delivered still had the cutout so returned it (and complained about the imaging not matching the product delivered!). I checked UAG's own website though and this case is now showing as out of stock, so makes me think they're about to launch it with a button cover but are just waiting on the new version stock coming in,

Will report back! It was due yesterday but flippin DPD had an 'unexpected delay' when it was at the depot only a few miles from me! Now due today so fingers crossed.

Reactions: walds11 and Zensō

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
I ordered the button cover version while it was listed on Amazon (UK), but the one I got delivered still had the cutout so returned it (and complained about the imaging not matching the product delivered!). I checked UAG's own website though and this case is now showing as out of stock, so makes me think they're about to launch it with a button cover but are just waiting on the new version stock coming in,
Thanks for the info. I almost ordered what appeared to be the button covered version, glad now that I didn’t. This new button is sure throwing some of these companies for a loop.

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
Thanks for the info. I almost ordered what appeared to be the button covered version, glad now that I didn’t. This new button is sure throwing some of these companies for a loop.
Yeah it really is. The bit that particularly bugs me is if they aren't then honest i.e. UAG should just be open and say "we did a cutout, maybe that was wrong, a button cover version is coming". Categorically nobody/no company is perfect, I loose respect when people/companies aren't then honest and open about it.

Caudabe have had their issues here, but I totally respected them being up front about it all.

Reactions: Zensō

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
A case I don't feel like I've seen mentioned a huge amount, Spigen Mag Armour (MagFit) in Navy Blue on my 15 Pro blue. I've tried LOADS of cases over the last few weeks, and I cannot help myself keep coming back to this. Good fit, good buttons, comfy to hold with my pinky at the bottom. Personally love this colour combo too.

I want to stick with my Sheath... or my Rebel... or even my Fine Woven, but I just keep on putting this back on! Ironically this is the very first case I ordered when I pre-ordered the phone, was meant to be a 'temp' until I settled on something else!! 🤣

Attachments

• IMG_0097 Large.jpeg
    IMG_0097 Large.jpeg
    379.3 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_0098 Large.jpeg
    IMG_0098 Large.jpeg
    418.5 KB · Views: 184

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
Mous Limitless 5.0 in Atlantic Blue just arrived. Initial impressions are good - comfy to hold/rest on pinkie, buttons are excellent, love the grippy bits on the sides. The back is interesting, it's a fabric of some sort, not sure how best to describe it so I've tried to show a close up where you can see the texture. I think I like it, but will leave it on for a few days and see how it goes.

Personally I'd rather the entire case was the plastic type that is around the edges and the camera, that feels good to me. If I were them I'd scrap the overlay fabric bit and just have the plastic!

Attachments

• Mous 1.jpeg
    Mous 1.jpeg
    646 KB · Views: 175
  • Mous 2.jpeg
    Mous 2.jpeg
    655.1 KB · Views: 178
  • Mous 3.jpeg
    Mous 3.jpeg
    633.9 KB · Views: 213

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
Also just arrived is the Mous Super Thin in black. I ordered this on a bit of a whim when ordering the above Limitless case as I've often enjoyed very thin cases but not found one I like for the 15 Pro. My initial impression is excellent - it's a lovely feeling material, comfy to hold/rest on pinkie, and I've always enjoyed thin cases like this that just have cutouts for all buttons, obviously I know many don't so YMMV.

There is a small amount of case higher than the screen for protection when placing face down, I've tried to take a close up side on to show how much. It's minimal, but I personally accept this when using thin cases like this, I don't think many have both.

I'm leaving my Limitless on the phone for now, but will try this too in a few days.

This year I tried thin cases from Nudient, Bare, Torras, Totallee and Peel, and this is the best of the lot IMO. I'll be keeping it for sure - I always like to have at least 1 very thin case in my 'stock', and this will be it for the 15 Pro.

Attachments

• Mous Thin 1.jpeg
    Mous Thin 1.jpeg
    698 KB · Views: 208
  • Mous Thin 2.jpeg
    Mous Thin 2.jpeg
    668.5 KB · Views: 191
  • Mous Thin 3.jpeg
    Mous Thin 3.jpeg
    575.4 KB · Views: 190

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Mous Limitless 5.0 in Atlantic Blue just arrived. Initial impressions are good - comfy to hold/rest on pinkie, buttons are excellent, love the grippy bits on the sides. The back is interesting, it's a fabric of some sort, not sure how best to describe it so I've tried to show a close up where you can see the texture. I think I like it, but will leave it on for a few days and see how it goes.

Personally I'd rather the entire case was the plastic type that is around the edges and the camera, that feels good to me. If I were them I'd scrap the overlay fabric bit and just have the plastic!
The other fabric-backed cases from Mous have a neoprene-like material. Would you say this material is similar?

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
The other fabric-backed cases from Mous have a neoprene-like material. Would you say this material is similar?
As in like the speckled one? From looking at the pics of the 'Speckled Black Fabric' on the Mous website, I think (but obviously don't know) that it is a similar material to that, but with a slightly different weave.

SweetLou122

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2011
A case I don't feel like I've seen mentioned a huge amount, Spigen Mag Armour (MagFit) in Navy Blue on my 15 Pro blue. I've tried LOADS of cases over the last few weeks, and I cannot help myself keep coming back to this. Good fit, good buttons, comfy to hold with my pinky at the bottom. Personally love this colour combo too.

I want to stick with my Sheath... or my Rebel... or even my Fine Woven, but I just keep on putting this back on! Ironically this is the very first case I ordered when I pre-ordered the phone, was meant to be a 'temp' until I settled on something else!! 🤣

I also have this case in the navy and it’s excellent. Had one for 2 years on my 13 pro and it’s still holding up well. Secure fit but actually not a hassle to put on and take off.

My only gripe is maybe not enough front lip for me with a glass screen protector on, but it is marketed as low profile. And the magnet strength is just ok. (The flip side to that is I don’t have to pull my phone out of my pocket to pry the wallet off when trying to grab a card.)

Looks great. I hope it’s the same rubber-like fabric material that they use for the speckled black color because that is excellent IMO.

Reactions: jr866gooner
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.