Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
A case I don't feel like I've seen mentioned a huge amount, Spigen Mag Armour (MagFit) in Navy Blue on my 15 Pro blue. I've tried LOADS of cases over the last few weeks, and I cannot help myself keep coming back to this. Good fit, good buttons, comfy to hold with my pinky at the bottom. Personally love this colour combo too.

I want to stick with my Sheath... or my Rebel... or even my Fine Woven, but I just keep on putting this back on! Ironically this is the very first case I ordered when I pre-ordered the phone, was meant to be a 'temp' until I settled on something else!! 🤣
I've actually been eyeing this case since I like more minimalist style cases. How is the magnet strength on it? Will it safely stay attached to my car magnet?

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
I've actually been eyeing this case since I like more minimalist style cases. How is the magnet strength on it? Will it safely stay attached to my car magnet?

I have’s tried on a car holder, but as far as I’m concerned it’s solid. I have the Nomad Stand One which is heavy, and if I don’t take it off carefully it moves the stand around.

Reactions: Djones96

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
I have’s tried on a car holder, but as far as I’m concerned it’s solid. I have the Nomad Stand One which is heavy, and if I don’t take it off carefully it moves the stand around.
Awesome, thank you. I will probably purchase this then, even though I already have a Sheath and Synthesis lol.

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
Mous Limitless 5.0 in Atlantic Blue just arrived. Initial impressions are good - comfy to hold/rest on pinkie, buttons are excellent, love the grippy bits on the sides. The back is interesting, it's a fabric of some sort, not sure how best to describe it so I've tried to show a close up where you can see the texture. I think I like it, but will leave it on for a few days and see how it goes.

Personally I'd rather the entire case was the plastic type that is around the edges and the camera, that feels good to me. If I were them I'd scrap the overlay fabric bit and just have the plastic!
I like this. Looks nice.

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2007
Also just arrived is the Mous Super Thin in black. I ordered this on a bit of a whim when ordering the above Limitless case as I've often enjoyed very thin cases but not found one I like for the 15 Pro. My initial impression is excellent - it's a lovely feeling material, comfy to hold/rest on pinkie, and I've always enjoyed thin cases like this that just have cutouts for all buttons, obviously I know many don't so YMMV.

There is a small amount of case higher than the screen for protection when placing face down, I've tried to take a close up side on to show how much. It's minimal, but I personally accept this when using thin cases like this, I don't think many have both.

I'm leaving my Limitless on the phone for now, but will try this too in a few days.

This year I tried thin cases from Nudient, Bare, Torras, Totallee and Peel, and this is the best of the lot IMO. I'll be keeping it for sure - I always like to have at least 1 very thin case in my 'stock', and this will be it for the 15 Pro.
These remind me of old iPhone cases with the cutouts in the corners. Loved those. Im tempted.

Brandy-Boi

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2020
Mous Limitless 5.0 in Atlantic Blue just arrived. Initial impressions are good - comfy to hold/rest on pinkie, buttons are excellent, love the grippy bits on the sides. The back is interesting, it's a fabric of some sort, not sure how best to describe it so I've tried to show a close up where you can see the texture. I think I like it, but will leave it on for a few days and see how it goes.

Personally I'd rather the entire case was the plastic type that is around the edges and the camera, that feels good to me. If I were them I'd scrap the overlay fabric bit and just have the plastic!
Thanks for sharing, never had a case with a fabric-like material so thats interesting to know. I've heard the specked black is almost rubbery so maybe its similar to that? Silicon maybe?

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Someone posted on Reddit the Ghost case looking like it went through a sand blaster lol so bad. I know I said I'd wait to test myself, but I just canceled my preorder. Seems like they have a QA problem and a manufacturing problem big time. Seems as if the machine that molds the black part of the clear part if causing impacts to the production.

So sad as I was hype for this case. The Otterbox Lumen in gray will be my clear case choice for this year.

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
RhinoShield "SlipperySuit" in neon orange with black buttons. Fresh out of the box from Taiwan, it is the cheapest feeling case I have ever seen. Feels like a .99 cent Aliexpress special. Been about 4 years since I've had a Rhinoshield case and now I remember why. This one is SUPER SLIPPERY :( I will try my phone in it when I get back home and report back. You never know, I may just fall in love with it once I put the phone in o_O Wouldn't mind a black one with orange buttons to go along with my "HooterBox" Symmetry case.

Couple quick pics:

ss01.jpg
ss02.jpg
ss03.jpg

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
Okay, after putting my phone in the case my opinion has changed. The fit, buttons and MagSafe are truely phenomenal on this case o_O This thing fits like a glove, has some of the best buttons yet and the absolute strongest MagSafe strength I've seen in a case so far. The cons are SUPER Slippery, MagSafe ring shows through the back and it has symmetrical cutouts on the bottom. Here are a couple more quick pics with phone in case:

ss04.jpg
ss05.jpg
ss06.jpg
ss07.jpg
ss08.jpg
ss09.jpg

Last edited:

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
RhinoShield "SlipperySuit" in neon orange with black buttons. Fresh out of the box from Taiwan, it is the cheapest feeling case I have ever seen. Feels like a .99 cent Aliexpress special. Been about 4 years since I've had a Rhinoshield case and now I remember why. This one is SUPER SLIPPERY :( I will try my phone in it when I get back home and report back. You never know, I may just fall in love with it once I put the phone in o_O Wouldn't mind a black one with orange buttons to go along with my "HooterBox" Symmetry case.

Couple quick pics:

View attachment 2306254 View attachment 2306255 View attachment 2306256
Coincidentally my Rhinoshield arrived today - it was out the box for about 5 minutes before I re-packed and initiated a return!!

I actually didn't mind the feel of it on the phone/in the hand, but what did it for me was the magsafe rings showing through!! It looked absolutely awful on mine, and it wasn't a one off - I ordered it in 3 colours and they were all the same. It was so prominent I could feel it when holding it. I don't mind if a ring shows through a little (my Sheath does slightly) but this felt absurd!

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
These remind me of old iPhone cases with the cutouts in the corners. Loved those. Im tempted.
Yeah I had a simple black Ringke case back on an old iPhone (probably a 5 or something!) and it had the cutouts. One downside I've noticed throughout the day - it shows fingerprints/smudges quite easily. Everyone's different I know so YMMV.
Thanks for sharing, never had a case with a fabric-like material so thats interesting to know. I've heard the specked black is almost rubbery so maybe its similar to that? Silicon maybe?
Yeah something like that, I've liked it so much I've actually ordered the speckled black one today too so will see how it compares.

Reactions: SweetLou122

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
Coincidentally my Rhinoshield arrived today - it was out the box for about 5 minutes before I re-packed and initiated a return!!

I actually didn't mind the feel of it on the phone/in the hand, but what did it for me was the magsafe rings showing through!! It looked absolutely awful on mine, and it wasn't a one off - I ordered it in 3 colours and they were all the same. It was so prominent I could feel it when holding it. I don't mind if a ring shows through a little (my Sheath does slightly) but this felt absurd!
I can't feel the MagSafe ring through mine but it is kind of crappy they show through like that.

JetBlack7

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2011
Portugal

Couple quick pics:

View attachment 2306254 View attachment 2306255 View attachment 2306256
Got one in black. Was disappointed how slippery they made it. More flexible, at the cost of the type of material.

Reactions: Hooterville

infinilo

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2022
Anyone had this issue with the apple silicone case lifting? Haven’t dropped it or used it very much.
9AF209DB-5329-4F8E-8C85-C4697BF8BB4F.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.