Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

vine-boating

macrumors 68020
Aug 10, 2017
For those who have the Nomad Rugged, do you have issues with the Action Button? I have read online that many have had issues with the Action button...

seaguy

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2023
Just got Torras Shock Proof Clear - Amazing case. Love the contrast of the white on NT iphone.

AnthroMatt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2011
Redlands, CA
For those who have the Nomad Rugged, do you have issues with the Action Button? I have read online that many have had issues with the Action button...
It is easy to press the Action Button on the case and you can even press above the button and it does register as a button press, so yes, it has happened to me. However, it's only been an issue when I have been trying to make it an issue. No problems with accidental presses from regular use.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Nomad Rugged or Caudabe Sheath for the 15 Pro Max?
It depends on if you want more of a rugged or minimalist style case. Personally, I like minimalist so the sheath is the winner for me. That being said, I don't think you can go wrong with either case, have heard good things about the Nomad rugged.

csi24

macrumors regular
Nov 20, 2007
Maryland
Got my silicon dupe in the mail a little bit ago. I've never been the biggest fan of the silicon cases to begin with, so considering how cheap it was, I'm glad I went that route over going with a real one.

I'll probably snag a Sheath or Synthesis soon. I had the Sheath on my 13PM and I absolutely loved it! The Synthesis getting so lauded has me leaning towards getting that. But the microfiber lining on the Sheath has me questioning things

seaguy

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2023
Omfg. My jaw dropped at this FineWoven case for sale on Facebook. It's a completely different color after two weeks. 🤢🤮
DC.jpg
Details.png

Gridlink

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2023
I got two more cases in today.

The first was the YMW nappa leather in grey. It's wonderful. Buttery soft leather that feels very luxurious. Super clicky buttons. The colors are a beautiful match to the natural titanium. For $30 it's an extremely good buy.

The second was a Zapp London Snap in grey. The look and feel are quite nice. I do like the fabric on the back with the grippy leaning towards rough geometric pattern on the back. There are a number of glaring problems with the case though. The major problem is that the power button either doesn't work at all, or once I do get it to work it's so sensitive just brushing anything against activates it. Zagg made the power button cover too thick. So thick it's either pressing down all the time or just needs the lightest touch to activate it. Another problem would be that the volume buttons and action button are all the same size making differentiating them by feel a pain. The TPU material is also the loosest I loosest I've felt and easily pulls away from the sides. Dropping the phone just right could make it pop out of the case.

I have the black London Snap on order too, but if it's anything like the grey one it'll get returned too. It's due to arrive in about a week and I'll post about it then. I should probably just cancel the order but now I'm curious if it has the same faults as the grey one. I like the idea of a fabric backed case that doesn't have the durability problems of the FineWoven case. Peak Design's case is fabric backed and it will have a button version coming out in the next 1-2 months. That might be worth trying.

I'm still waiting on Phone Rebels frosted case to come out. If I do order one more case that'll (and/or the Peak Design) be the last one(s). I'm up to 8 cases now, switching every 3-4 days, so I may hold off on both cases for a couple of months because I already have too many cases.

Reactions: Zensō and off2marz

Lyric

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2019
For anyone that’s interested in trying anything from Caudabe.

Thank you! I picked up the Amethyst Sheath for my 15 Pro along with the Amethyst AirPods Pro Gen 2 case. I had these saved in my cart but didn’t want to pay full price.

Kinda excited since purple is my favorite color.

Reactions: Djones96

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Thank you! I picked up the Amethyst Sheath for my 15 Pro along with the Amethyst AirPods Pro Gen 2 case. I had these saved in my cart but didn’t want to pay full price.

Kinda excited since purple is my favorite color.
Awesome! Let me know how you like them! I’m thinking about picking up the AirPods case as well!

Reactions: Lyric

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
An updated version of the UAG Civilian with an Action button was available on Amazon for a few days, then they pulled the Action button version and replaced it with a cut out version (see below). Strange. Has anybody heard anything more about what they’re up to?
IMG_1818.jpeg

IMG_1824.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.