Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

AnthroMatt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2011
Redlands, CA
Who wants to visit the CONCUBINE store on Amazon and try this? 🤣😮

Attachments

• IMG_0181.png
    IMG_0181.png
    733.7 KB · Views: 121

jkel777

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2014
Who wants to visit the CONCUBINE store on Amazon and try this? 🤣😮
😂😂

It’s basically the same generic MagSafe case as the one I have, but they’re all just marketed under a different name. I’m pretty sure it’s also the same as the Bare case, but they charge like $55 lol. Mine is branded under “Matekxy” and it’s honestly really good. Feels and fits great. I wasn’t expecting much for $18 but I’m very surprised.

Reactions: AnthroMatt

Sard0nyx

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2023
😂😂

It’s basically the same generic MagSafe case as the one I have, but they’re all just marketed under a different name. I’m pretty sure it’s also the same as the Bare case, but they charge like $55 lol. Mine is branded under “Matekxy” and it’s honestly really good. Feels and fits great. I wasn’t expecting much for $18 but I’m very surprised.
I got the Torras Guardian one and it’s decent. Comes with extra buttons.

Reactions: jkel777

Brandy-Boi

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2020
I wanted to try it but the price increase turned me off. It was $65 on the Mous website then jumped to $99. I've just been using the D brand grip with a skin on it for color.

Tried to Gripmunk but the color was a little too bright. Tried the Otterbox Symmetry and the color was too muted, more like a blueish gray. The Speck Presidio grip is a nice blue but for me was a fingerprint magnet. Celestial Blue Caudabe Sheath is a great case but the dark blue doesn't pop. I'll likely end up selling it.

The Rhinoshield solid suit comes in a nice looking blue but reviews say it's slippery. The search continues. Maybe next up is a UAG but I had a UAG for my 14 pro max and it scratched easily.
Yea I'd hold out for Amazon to re-stock them, I saw on the Mous subreddit before they were out of stock someone else also noted its way cheaper on Amazon vs the actual Mous website. I know you get discount codes from buying Mous products but being $99 + whatever the shipping potentially could be doesn't justify waiting for the website stock imo. They're roughly $69 on Amazon currently not including blue and green being gone, and I'm familiar with the brand so I'll probably just be patient. You're getting what you pay for with Mous imo, not to sound like one of their sales members but its great protection without being bulky lol.

I saw the Smartish Gripzilla but didn't like the large corner bumps, never saw Gripmunk until you mentioned it and I sorta like the blue but the material almost seems too loose from looking at videos on it, and according to an amazon reviewer apparently the micro fiber interior could make the phone hotter potentially as it warms up, that might just be paranoia but I wonder if thats true?

I even liked the aesthetic of that Spigen C1 case modeled after the old Macs, but at the same time it looks like cheap plastic on the outside to me and heard the action button is mush. Never used anything from Spigen before.

It also sucks how so many great looking cases all just default to boring black too. I found one brand called Clckr and one of their models called Force has this cool tire-looking aesthetic but its only black, and their regular self described premium model only has a green variant thats kinda plain. Also allegedly people have issues getting those cases off so maybe they're too much to deal with

Zedicus16

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2023
United States
I finally got my iphone Pro in black so I can now try my cases out.

--The Spigen Enzo-- was the case I thought I would like most, it feels very premium and looks amazing. It's not quite as slippery as some of the reviews say, and honestly I didn't get that many finger prints. The magnet was super strong, the buttons very clicky, and overall it's just a nice case. Buuuut, I'm sending it back. The screen lip is just too much for me, makes side swiping awkward. And it feels just a bit bulky.

--The Caudabe Synthesis-- is the one I wasn't sure about, but I actually love it. I love the texture and just overall fit and feel of the case. I had a great experience with them as well which helps. It still has a decent screen lip but it doesn't feel as intrusive as the Enzo. The buttons are actually pretty clicky, not on the level as the Enzo, but after reading some of the reviews on here I was pleasantly surprised. I also don't have any issues getting the phone in and out of the case.

I may order the Phone Rebel Gen 5 next, I'm hoping it can give me what I loved with the Enzo but with the dropped screen lips on the sides. Anybody compare the two? I also might get the Andar Aspen, it wasn't going to release until the end of November so I decided to wait to see what black Friday brings.

Reactions: Pug72

Gridlink

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2023
I even liked the aesthetic of that Spigen C1 case modeled after the old Macs, but at the same time it looks like cheap plastic on the outside to me and heard the action button is mush. Never used anything from Spigen before.
I bought the C1 and it did look incredibly cool. However it felt super cheap and plasticky in hand. The mushy buttons weren't too bad but the cheap feeling was a no go.

Reactions: Mr.C

aldo82

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2011
I finally got my iphone Pro in black so I can now try my cases out.

--The Spigen Enzo-- was the case I thought I would like most, it feels very premium and looks amazing. It's not quite as slippery as some of the reviews say, and honestly I didn't get that many finger prints. The magnet was super strong, the buttons very clicky, and overall it's just a nice case. Buuuut, I'm sending it back. The screen lip is just too much for me, makes side swiping awkward. And it feels just a bit bulky.

--The Caudabe Synthesis-- is the one I wasn't sure about, but I actually love it. I love the texture and just overall fit and feel of the case. I had a great experience with them as well which helps. It still has a decent screen lip but it doesn't feel as intrusive as the Enzo. The buttons are actually pretty clicky, not on the level as the Enzo, but after reading some of the reviews on here I was pleasantly surprised. I also don't have any issues getting the phone in and out of the case.

I may order the Phone Rebel Gen 5 next, I'm hoping it can give me what I loved with the Enzo but with the dropped screen lips on the sides. Anybody compare the two? I also might get the Andar Aspen, it wasn't going to release until the end of November so I decided to wait to see what black Friday brings.
Is the synthesis smaller than the Enzo? I too liked the Enzo but returned it as it was a bit too bulky for me

ZebraDude

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2014
Naperville, IL
my ghost case is scheduled to arrive on Friday and I'm not holding out hope on it's quality. I have to say that for years I have using the Rhinoshield bumper and I LOVE it! I had it on my 13 PM and loved it! I should have stopped at it and not fallen for the hype for the ghost...

Ps. I had picked up a mag safe charging brick for $22 @ Amazon (Amazon days deal) and it snaps nicely using the bumper.

yes some say it's slippery but I've never dropped it out of my hands...

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
Has anyone gotten the Mous 5.0 Atlantic Blue for the 15 Pro Max? Its been sold out on both Amazon and the Mous website, and hopefully its availible on Amazon because its roughly $30 cheaper vs the Mous website being $99. Been trying to find a nice blue case thats good quality/protective and I'm familiar with Mous and its a nice shade of blue.

What are some other brands of high quality cases that have great color options?
I have the Mous in Atlantic Blue due for delivery today! But it's for my 15 Pro, not Pro Max. Will try and remember to post pics anyway.

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
I first thought there was a smudge (it was not) from the glue on the wrapping so I wiped it with a clean microfibre and it scratched more. 😂
The nature of the beast I guess. I am looking forward to getting mine. It should be here by the end of the week.

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
Mous Bamboo, Mouse Leather or Nomad Rugged in black or ultra orange for a black 15PM?

I'm only going to order one, give me your vote?

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Mous Bamboo, Mouse Leather or Nomad Rugged in black or ultra orange for a black 15PM?

I'm only going to order one, give me your vote?
That’s a tough call. Right now my Mous Walnut is just slightly winning out over my Black Nomad Rugged. One thing that has me preferring the Mous is the superior screen protection, which I feel could be a little better on the Nomad. On the other hand, the Nomad has better camera protection and it lays flat on its back. Because I mostly lay my phone face down, the better screen clearance wins out for me. If I primarily laid my camera face up, the Nomad would be the better choice. That’s my story for now, check back next week for a new one. 🤪

So after that long winded response, today I vote for the Mous Bamboo.

Reactions: Hooterville

dotatoc

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2020
In praise of the Otterbox Symmetry - in a series of unlikely but true events involving a broken arm, a duvet, a basketball and my son's head, my phone fell from said head onto my (stone) lounge floor, a height of 204 cm. Not a mark on either case or phone.

Don't recommend it though, even with shorter progeny than mine.

Last edited:

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
I returned the Mous because of the buttons. Way too much wiggle and very sensitive.

I had used it on my previous 13 PM.

Ended up with a Nomad Rugged. I really like it.
Just adding a data point… my first two Mous aramid cases had loose buttons and a poor fit, my walnut version is a perfect fit and the buttons are very good, no rattles and sensitive but not overly so. I’m thinking the issue with fit on the aramid cases may have contributed to the buttons being overly loose/sensitive.

Thumbs up on the Nomad Rugged - great case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.