Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Gridlink

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2023
The black Zagg London Snap case arrived early today, and I was expecting it to be a repeat of how disappointing the grey one was. Instead I really like it. The buttons are great, the fabric back with a more uniform pattern than the grey feels good and is grippy, and the TPU material is like a combination of the TPU the Moment cases use with the slightly rough texture and grooves of the Mous cases. It also has raised top and bottom corners for face down screen protection, but with nearly flush sides for swiping left and right. The top and bottom are also at a slight angle, so if you like me rest the bottom of the phone on your pinky it's quite comfortable.

I think it's a solid alternative to the Mous fabric backed cases for a lot less money. That said, if you find the Mous case slick the Zagg is going to feel very similar. The Zagg has extremely strong Magsafe unlike the Mous. Similar in strength to the Spigen Ezno Aramid, so it's picking up my 1lb Nomad charging stand off my desk.

After what must be 15 cases, having returned a bunch of them, I'm done buying cases. The 8 I have: Carved, Spigen Enzo Aramid, knockoff Apple clay silicone, Otterbox Lumen in grey, Caudabe Sheath in grey, Torras magnetic shockproof in grey, YMW Nappa leather in grey, and the black Zagg London Snap are all cases I could have bought by themselves and felt no need for anything else. Now I switch a couple of times a week for variety and because it's fun to keep it fresh.

Last edited:

Gridlink

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2023
I have this need to get an orange case, been let down by DECODED, not seen another yet: but I love the orange in their site. However (and I know you can’t tell from just a picture), I feel a little put off by loom do the grain/texture on it. Looks like an orange skin. Is your one like that? If so, what does it actually feel like?
No, mine is completely smooth in comparison to the orange case. Very different leathers. I used a Blackbrook case with a similar grain to that orange case with my 12 mini. I personally liked the feel of it but that sort of type of leather is divisive. You either love it or hate it.

Reactions: Danorak81

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Looks like my ghost will be delivered tomorrow 😀.

I’m really hoping it’s everything it claims then I just need a solid case and I’ll call it quits (for now).

Caudabe are sending yet another synthesis, but in all honestly I’m over it. I was so excited for the case, almost two months ago when I ordered it. Now after the magnets and the wrong case etc I’m just over caudabe. So ill probably stick it on eBay when it arrives.
I got mine yesterday. Scratched out of the box, and apparently lots of people are having issues with scratches. I requested a replacement, but if that’s also scratched out of the box, I’ll just ask for a refund. Unacceptable for a $50 case.

Reactions: lyceumHQ

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Aug 4, 2010
I got mine yesterday. Scratched out of the box, and apparently lots of people are having issues with scratches. I requested a replacement, but if that’s also scratched out of the box, I’ll just ask for a refund. Unacceptable for a $50 case.
Yeah Reddit is full of people complaining about the scratches. All I can do is see what mine is like when it arrives. If it’s covered in scratches I’ll contact CS.

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010

I received mine yesterday. Flawless out of the box - no scuffs or scratches. Additionally, there’s no play at the bottom lip, clicky/tactile buttons, strong MagSafe magnet and great grip. The Ghost lives up to the hype. This case is a looker too.

Last edited:

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
My replacement Sheath is lost i think.

Been in transit since 30/10/23.

Last tracked in Chicago.

Emailed both Caudabe and Courier.

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Aug 4, 2010
Ghost case arrived. Sadly there’s a large scuff at the top.

I know clear cases scratch but it shouldn’t be this marked up out the box.
IMG_1810.jpeg
27d8f698-e0f0-44bf-97c7-650e4b2f3d02.jpeg

Scuff goes all the way down the side and across the bottom.

Positives are the fit is fantastic. The bottom lip doesn’t really move much at all so I know it wouldn’t bother me. I just can’t forgive a massive scuff like that.

Last edited:

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2012
England
My replacement Sheath is lost i think.

Been in transit since 30/10/23.

Last tracked in Chicago.

Emailed both Caudabe and Courier.

My Caudabe orders (UK) always do that but arrive in ten days from dispatch.
Both my cut out then buttoned Sheath arrived by Royal Mail. If you previously received via Fed Ex then that would be why it is different.

Reactions: Sal09

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2012
England
Ordered the Rhinoshield Solidsuit in Bordeaux today. If I like it and it's not too slippy then I'll order black buttons and camera protector for it.

Want something other than black or aramid for a change and it's a laborious task trying to find something I like.

Reactions: Hooterville

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
My Caudabe orders (UK) always do that but arrive in ten days from dispatch.
Both my cut out then buttoned Sheath arrived by Royal Mail. If you previously received via Fed Ex then that would be why it is different.
Replacement was sent via Asendia US. They assigned new tracking number which on Asendia UK says vendor Royal Mail but i cannot track it on RM website.
I hope I get it as advised 🤞. IMG_0036.jpeg

The Destroyer

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2007
Toronto
I hope I get it as advised 🤞.
It’ll definitely come. The Chicago International Dispatch Center is run by USPS and is one of the worst run facilities. They are just very slow at getting packages through the center. Packages to Toronto, Canada go through this facility so I’ve experienced this same delay with the iPhone 13 launch and Caudabe.

Jaggrey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2015
Pembroke Pines, FL

I know clear cases scratch but it shouldn’t be this marked up out the box. View attachment 2307068 View attachment 2307074

Positives are the fit is fantastic. The bottom lip doesn’t really move much at all so I know it wouldn’t bother me. I just can’t forgive a massive scuff like that.
My Ghost shipped. I’ll get it next week. We’ll see how mine is when it arrives….

Reactions: lyceumHQ

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2012
England
Replacement was sent via Asendia US. They assigned new tracking number which on Asendia UK says vendor Royal Mail but i cannot track it on RM website.
I hope I get it as advised 🤞.

Yeah, the RM tracking won’t work until the day before delivery.

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
Ordered the Rhinoshield Solidsuit in Bordeaux today. If I like it and it's not too slippy then I'll order black buttons and camera protector for it.

Want something other than black or aramid for a change and it's a laborious task trying to find something I like.

The Solidsuit is SUPER SLIPPERY and I'm not kidding. Absolutely no grip at all.

Reactions: VaderRulez

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2012
England
Yeah, I'm expecting the worst but hoping the best.
For instance, I find the Benks ArmorPro grippy yet a poster earlier was sending his back for being too slippery. I find most slippy case's grip improve with use.

Will have no qualms sending back if I don't get on with it.

Reactions: Hooterville

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
Yeah, I'm expecting the worst but hoping the best.
For instance, I find the Benks ArmorPro grippy yet a poster earlier was sending his back for being too slippery. I find most slippy case's grip improve with use.

Will have no qualms sending back if I don't get on with it.
Yea, I'm still tempted to order the black or seaweed green even thought it is slippery as hell :oops:

If the case had some grip it would be perfect. The MagSafe strength is super strong and it has fantastic buttons.

Reactions: Pug72

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
I'll tell you this Speck Candyshell Grip is a fantastic case. The only con is the buttons are kind of mushy/hard to press.
Can't wait to try the Presidio 2 grip coming on Monday which will have better buttons.

This case might be kicking a little Symmetry butt o_O

cs12.jpg

vded

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2021
Hi all, I've been lurking on this thread since the 15 came out and inspired me to post.

Moft Snap Case in Seafoam
View attachment 2306879 View attachment 2306878 View attachment 2306880 View attachment 2306881

Caudabe Sheath in Gray with action button
View attachment 2306883 View attachment 2306884 View attachment 2306885 View attachment 2306886

Nomad Leather in English Tan (been using since launch)
View attachment 2306887 View attachment 2306888
View attachment 2306890
View attachment 2306889

Peak Design Everyday case with loop in Sage. I opted for the button cut out kit which is still TBA
View attachment 2306891 View attachment 2306892 View attachment 2306893 View attachment 2306894

Benks MagClap Armor Pro
View attachment 2306895 View attachment 2306896 View attachment 2306897 View attachment 2306900

All of them side by side View attachment 2306898
View attachment 2306899
I’m loving the feel of the Moft case even though it’s vegan leather. Sheath just arrived after 2 weeks in transit (I have a Blue with the cut out which I’ll ebay) and likely will sell the Benks armor, it’s nice but way too slippery for me.

The MOFT cutouts though… 🫣

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I’ve purchased several cases and bumpers over the past month and pushing more towards using a MagSafe popsocket and going caseless. The titanium is a much nicer feel and has more grip than the stainless steel. I’m even contemplating sending back the Caudabe Lucid Clear Celestial Blue back and keep the Synthesis which I haven’t used in a month. Right now I’m using a popsocket and a blue aluminum bumper.

ctpaa

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2023

I know clear cases scratch but it shouldn’t be this marked up out the box. View attachment 2307068 View attachment 2307074

same with mine. Also arrived today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.