Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

aldo82

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2011
I picked up the apple silicone in clay and I’m torn on it. I normally try a silicone at some point and always end up disliking it eventually. The fit is great and in some ways it feels great but right now it is a total lint, dirt and dog hair magnet that just makes it feel a bit yucky. Does that feeling wear off in a day or two? I’ll have to see. I got it from apple so easy return if it doesn’t improve

debroei

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2014
Only see them for sale at resellers website like walmart, but not on official website. Do you know why they can’t be ordered from speckproducts? (Iam for Europe btw).

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
I picked up the apple silicone in clay and I’m torn on it. I normally try a silicone at some point and always end up disliking it eventually. The fit is great and in some ways it feels great but right now it is a total lint, dirt and dog hair magnet that just makes it feel a bit yucky. Does that feeling wear off in a day or two? I’ll have to see. I got it from apple so easy return if it doesn’t improve
My wife uses exclusively silicone cases and hers always feel great as time goes on. Our dogs don’t shed but as far as lint/other grit go I see more sticking to my Ink leather case than I do hers.

Reactions: aldo82

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
Credit to Caudabe CS. I’ve been very critical of them, so I feel obligated to give credit where it’s due.

I was going to return my sheath for a black synthesis. I got an email response late on a Saturday night. They told me to keep the sheath at no charge. They’ll refund me for it, and just order the new product that I want. I was able to use the 30% off for the synthesis and now I have a free sheath for my 15 Pro Max.

Credit to them.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
I got the AOPNN one and quite like it. I got the black one and it looks good with the natural titanium phone. It is not bulky. We got the RhinoShield one for my spouse but I find it a little too bulky. The AOPNN does have small ridges at the corners to keep the cameras raised and protected but they are not where you grab it.
I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s exactly like the one I had for my 13 Pro. I’m at work but if you post a photo of yours I can confirm.

It had an aluminum bumper with hard TPU around the screen/back glass, wonderful metal buttons and those little feet around the back corners. I may look into another one for my 14PM.

Reactions: Tagbert

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Only see them for sale at resellers website like walmart, but not on official website. Do you know why they can’t be ordered from speckproducts? (Iam for Europe btw).
They’re available from Amazon US through Amazon UK.

Speck iPhone 15 Pro Case - Built for MagSafe, Drop Protection Grip - Scratch Resistant, Soft Touch, 6.1 Inch Phone Case - CandyShell Grip Mystery Blue/Faded Denim https://amzn.eu/d/hUtABPD

Speck iPhone 15 Pro Case - Built for MagSafe, Drop Protection Grip - Scratch Resistant, Soft Touch, 6.1 Inch Phone Case - CandyShell Grip Black/Slate Grey https://amzn.eu/d/gfWjASx

Speck iPhone 15 Pro Max Case - Built for MagSafe, Drop Protection Grip - Scratch Resistant, Soft Touch, 6.7 Inch Phone Case - CandyShell Grip Black/Slate Grey https://amzn.eu/d/0ThUuNC

Speck iPhone 15 Pro Max Case - Built for MagSafe, Drop Protection Grip - Scratch Resistant, Soft Touch, 6.7 Inch Phone Case - CandyShell Grip Bush Green/Pumpkin Pie https://amzn.eu/d/3n4yySJ

Edit: I see you already found them on there. 😃👍

Reactions: lyceumHQ

Detonation

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2015
It's been like that for the last few years of CandyShell cases. Not sure why though - perhaps they don't want to undercut themselves against the more expensive Presidio lineup so they just wholesale them instead.

Speck does advertise to buy them from a third party though - https://speckproducts.com/pages/candyshell

Reactions: Mr.C and Zensō

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Yep, That's Karl the guy that manufactures these cases. Usually he sends me his cases to review but has gone Ghost on sending my ThinBorne case :confused:
I’m sure that’s a frequent occurrence on these forums, but manufacturers should be up front and honest or just run an ad for Pete’s sake. When I sense shilling it’s an automatic no sale for me, which I suspect is true for many people.

Reactions: Hooterville

CaptainTrips

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2022
After using the “sorry30” code from Caudabe, I finally decided to give the Synthesis a try. Gotta say, this is my new favorite case!! I’ve had the sheath for about a year now, had it on my 14PM and then reordered for my 15P. It’s a great case itself but I realllly like the grippy texture on the sides of the synthesis. It’s what makes this case great. Yes, the texture on the back is smoother than the sheath but it’s not detrimental imho. The grippy texture on the sides is truly very grippy and makes this case feel very secure in the hand.

My other, very close second favorite case is the Speck Presidio 2, so I must have a thing for grippy sides lol. Overall, I have to say I recommend the synthesis over the sheath!

Attachments

• IMG_1899.jpeg
    IMG_1899.jpeg
    523 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_1886.jpeg
    IMG_1886.jpeg
    367.2 KB · Views: 147

debroei

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2014
They’re available from Amazon US through Amazon UK.

Speck iPhone 15 Pro Case - Built for MagSafe, Drop Protection Grip - Scratch Resistant, Soft Touch, 6.1 Inch Phone Case - CandyShell Grip Mystery Blue/Faded Denim https://amzn.eu/d/hUtABPD

Speck iPhone 15 Pro Case - Built for MagSafe, Drop Protection Grip - Scratch Resistant, Soft Touch, 6.1 Inch Phone Case - CandyShell Grip Black/Slate Grey https://amzn.eu/d/gfWjASx

Speck iPhone 15 Pro Max Case - Built for MagSafe, Drop Protection Grip - Scratch Resistant, Soft Touch, 6.7 Inch Phone Case - CandyShell Grip Black/Slate Grey https://amzn.eu/d/0ThUuNC

Speck iPhone 15 Pro Max Case - Built for MagSafe, Drop Protection Grip - Scratch Resistant, Soft Touch, 6.7 Inch Phone Case - CandyShell Grip Bush Green/Pumpkin Pie https://amzn.eu/d/3n4yySJ

Edit: I see you already found them on there. 😃👍
I wish I could buy the through Amazon.uk
this is what it says ( when trying to ship to NL).
maybe because of brexit ? IDK.

Attachments

• IMG_0151.jpeg
    IMG_0151.jpeg
    220.1 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Reactions: nduug and Mr.C

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2012
England
Got the Rhinoshield Solidsuit.
First impressions are I love it!
The grip isn’t great with freshly cleaned hands but improves. Not concerned though as the lip around the screen adds grip pulling it off pockets, etc. I’m sure the grip will improve with use when it wears in. It’ll never be as grippy as cases made with grip obviously.

Like the bordeux colour and will get some black buttons& camera ring soon.

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
Got the Rhinoshield Solidsuit.
First impressions are I love it!
The grip isn’t great with freshly cleaned hands but improves. Not concerned though as the lip around the screen adds grip pulling it off pockets, etc. I’m sure the grip will improve with use when it wears in. It’ll never be as grippy as cases made with grip obviously.

Like the bordeux colour and will get some black buttons& camera ring soon.

Nice, can we see a picture of this color?

Reactions: VaderRulez

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I wish I could buy the through Amazon.uk
this is what it says ( when trying to ship to NL).
maybe because of brexit ? IDK.
Ahh okay. Yes that’s pretty annoying. It may well be because we’re no longer part of the EU. Have you tried ordering from Amazon US directly. Maybe that might work. 🤔

Brandy-Boi

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2020
I wanted to try it but the price increase turned me off. It was $65 on the Mous website then jumped to $99. I've just been using the D brand grip with a skin on it for color.

Tried to Gripmunk but the color was a little too bright. Tried the Otterbox Symmetry and the color was too muted, more like a blueish gray. The Speck Presidio grip is a nice blue but for me was a fingerprint magnet. Celestial Blue Caudabe Sheath is a great case but the dark blue doesn't pop. I'll likely end up selling it.

The Rhinoshield solid suit comes in a nice looking blue but reviews say it's slippery. The search continues. Maybe next up is a UAG but I had a UAG for my 14 pro max and it scratched easily.
As a heads up, on Amazon they have been restocking the Mous Atlantic Blue for Pro Max on and off the last couple days if you're still curious to try it. The day before yesterday they were available for about an hour, and just now they are back in stock on Amazon for $64. Free shipping if you're in the US like me. They seem to sell super fast and are limited in stock.

Mous support said they don't have any timeframes for restocks either, they don't want to miss dates and disappoint people which is understandable. Altho I'm much more happier its less money on Amazon

dmccombs

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2013
I have a Blue 15 Pro Max. I want to get a case with the features below.
- Light Protection
- Thin/Light case
- Magsafe
- Decent to good grip
- Under $50 in the US.

I've narrowed my choices to:
* Apple Silicone
* Caudabe Synthesis
* Meifigno Magic Mag

Which case would you recommend based on my criteria?​

Last edited:

Tagbert

macrumors 603
Jun 22, 2011
Seattle
I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s exactly like the one I had for my 13 Pro. I’m at work but if you post a photo of yours I can confirm.

It had an aluminum bumper with hard TPU around the screen/back glass, wonderful metal buttons and those little feet around the back corners. I may look into another one for my 14PM.
Yers, that sounds the same. It was surprisingly well made for $16 and looks pretty good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.