Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Yers, that sounds the same. It was surprisingly well made for $16 and looks pretty good.

That’s the one! Totally getting one for my 14.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tagbert

thekidat

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2017
Bay Area, CA
I am looking to get a Blue 15 Pro Max. I want to get a case with the features below. Can you recommend a few cases to look at?
- Light Protection
- Thin/Light case
- Magsafe
- Decent to good grip
- Under $50 in the US.
Apple silicone?

Not sure how light of protection you want. There’s also the super minimal aramid cases like Pitaka and Benks that don’t provide full coverage but are super light.

Reactions: dmccombs

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
As a heads up, on Amazon they have been restocking the Mous Atlantic Blue for Pro Max on and off the last couple days if you're still curious to try it. The day before yesterday they were available for about an hour, and just now they are back in stock on Amazon for $64. Free shipping if you're in the US like me. They seem to sell super fast and are limited in stock.

Mous support said they don't have any timeframes for restocks either, they don't want to miss dates and disappoint people which is understandable. Altho I'm much more happier its less money on Amazon
when you’ve seen the blue case on amazon, has it been a separate listing or together with all the other limitless cases? meaning you select the aramid listing and slide through the various styles? thx

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
That's definitely not good. I have no experience with the sheath but love my synthesis. I bought 2 of them and my parents each have one as well and no problems. Fit is perfect, and I even take mine off at the end of every day to wipe the phone down. I hope they are paying attention to their quality control.

I’m interested in the Synthesis but wish it had the felt lining like the Sheath.

Does the Synthesis have the potential to scuff up the back of the iPhone with no felt lining? Thanks!

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Credit to Caudabe CS. I’ve been very critical of them, so I feel obligated to give credit where it’s due.

I was going to return my sheath for a black synthesis. I got an email response late on a Saturday night. They told me to keep the sheath at no charge. They’ll refund me for it, and just order the new product that I want. I was able to use the 30% off for the synthesis and now I have a free sheath for my 15 Pro Max.

Credit to them.
How do you get 30% off?

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
I’m interested in the Synthesis but wish it had the felt lining like the Sheath.

Does the Synthesis have the potential to scuff up the back of the iPhone with no felt lining? Thanks!
Something tells me a company as big as Caudabe wouldn’t be selling cases that damaged phones just from being worn.

Reactions: Chrisjaylv

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
After using the “sorry30” code from Caudabe, I finally decided to give the Synthesis a try. Gotta say, this is my new favorite case!! I’ve had the sheath for about a year now, had it on my 14PM and then reordered for my 15P. It’s a great case itself but I realllly like the grippy texture on the sides of the synthesis. It’s what makes this case great. Yes, the texture on the back is smoother than the sheath but it’s not detrimental imho. The grippy texture on the sides is truly very grippy and makes this case feel very secure in the hand.

My other, very close second favorite case is the Speck Presidio 2, so I must have a thing for grippy sides lol. Overall, I have to say I recommend the synthesis over the sheath!
I’m stuck between the Sheath and Synthesis. According to Caudabe they both offer same drop protection.

Does the Synthesis offer good grip on the back of the case?

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
Thanks!
Will look even better, I think, with the black camera ring and buttons that will be here in 5-10 days.

Hey, Pug
Does your Solidsuit have this gap on the inside upper right hand corner above the camera ring?

I may have a defect here?

rhinogap0.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: VaderRulez
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.