Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Asafsulam

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2020
So, after many reading I think I will order the Nomad sport (white, for blue 15PM). Any chance someone have a copun code ;)?

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
I don't know if you're looking at a certain style of case (I assume you're referring to Decoded's silicone case?), but Nomad's Rugged case is a slightly darker orange, albeit in a much more protective bulkier case.
A pic I had taken of my current orange cases (L to R: Nomad Rugged, Decoded silicone, Otterbox Symmetry):
View attachment 2306746
Is this Decoded Orange a fingerprint/smudge/grease magnet on the back?
Does the Magsafe ring show up after charging?

Reactions: VaderRulez

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
I just ordered the Synthesis after doing research deciding getting the Sheath.

I decided to go with the Synthesis because it looks to offer a little more drop protection and the sides seem more grippy than the Sheath, although the Sheath has texture all over. Hope I made the right decision.
I saw the Synthesis has the grippy sides so will have them to compare later ...I like the grip on my Sheath and I really have no complaints at all including the buttons which I know some are not crazy about ..

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Aug 4, 2010
Have contacted dbrand again and asked to return the ghost for a refund. I did initially ask for a replacement but seeing the forum here and their subreddit I’ve no confidence in their qc at all. And I’m not spending £50 for a case to look like it’s been dragged a few miles behind a car out of the box.

machopeful

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2007
IMG_0721.jpeg
Excited to see what all the fuss is about..

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Hmmmmm I would say the material of the Sheath would be a little more forgiving but both probably offer the same level of protection. Just medium to light drops, nothing out the norm. I know I’ve used the Sheath for years and have dropped plenty of iPhones on them and never had an issue. I just had a mean drop the other day with the Synthesis and I can’t even tell where it dropped.

Thanks! How about grip? Got to have grip especially in the sides.

timeconsumer

macrumors 68020
Aug 1, 2008
Portland
Have contacted dbrand again and asked to return the ghost for a refund. I did initially ask for a replacement but seeing the forum here and their subreddit I’ve no confidence in their qc at all. And I’m not spending £50 for a case to look like it’s been dragged a few miles behind a car out of the box.
Please post a follow up to this if you don’t mind. My dbrand ghost case is arriving today and I am thinking I’ll have to return as well based on everything I’ve seen so far. Just curious how their customer service will handle this. I don’t mind if the outside of the case scratches over time but the inside shouldn’t scratch just from inserting the phone into the case. I use clear cases and haven’t noticed this from other clear cases.

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Seems like I’ve been waiting forever for my Andar Aspen to even be shipped, never mind delivered.

kadinh

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
My Sheath & Synthesis are currently Out for Delivery.. I can’t help but refresh the tracking site every hour
id like to hear your opinions comparing them both. I liked the sheath for my 13PM, but sent it back because I was checking out other cases at the time. also, I kind of was looking for a case that was more tacky on the back so my hand didnt slide off w/o using my fingers to hold it.

interested to receive my synthesis (shipped this morning) and check it out, but I won't be able to use it until I get back into the USA at the end of next week :-|

Reactions: off2marz

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
My Sheath & Synthesis are currently Out for Delivery.. I can’t help but refresh the tracking site every hour
I do the same. Mine is going to be shipped today. I’m in Philadelphia so hopefully I’ll get before weekend.

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
I heard the Synthesis is a pain to take off. How has the fit been with yours?

I just tried it was a bit tight to get on and taking off as well..I found it easier by pushing from the top camera hole and gently getting top out first before the rest of the case came off … it’s definitely snug haha

Reactions: swerve147
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.