Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
Yeah, I just got my gray Synthesis for the 15PM earlier today, and also usually use the camera bump to remove cases. This guy's not impossible to remove, but it does take some doing (and makes me a little concerned when removing).

I'm kind of liking the black Zagg London Snap I had on prior better, but I'll have to give the Synthesis some more time eventually. I put the Zagg back on for now, though - feels much nicer and yet still grippy.

Ah yea for sure …just have to be a little more focused when taking off haha ..I hear ya once you find a comfy case that works you keep going back to it ..

My early observations between the Sheath vs Synthesis - slimmer feel in hand and stronger magnet for the Synthesis ..

I returned the Spigen Enzo ..I’m keeping the Apple Clay silicone..Spigen Ultra hybrid clear …and both Caudabe..

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
initiated my return for the Pitaka Pro case. might try out the Benks case depending on how the Rebel and Spigen Enzo hold up.
Just curious why the Pitaka didn’t work out for you?

Last edited:

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
Speck Presidio 2 Grip :cool: A fine case but a fingerprint/smudge/grease magnet :(

pg01.jpg

pg02.jpg
pg03.jpg
pg04.jpg

pg05.jpg
pg06.jpg
pg07.jpg

JordanB83

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2021
Anyone with the synthesis. Does the back get permanent scuffs? This is what I’ve always went sheath, but this year the sheath shows the magnet ring which is just as bad

off2marz

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2023
I thought I was seeing things at first, but you’re right, the indentation is visible. I also see it on the Sheath in the post just above this one. Subtle, but it’s there.
I don’t think it’s an indent.. but maybe a coloration. I didn’t notice any ring until after I tried my PopWallet on it. Then there was a very visable ring, which I wiped most of off. I thought maybe it was that my PopWallet magnet was dirty, and the texture of the Sheath holds it in. The darker color probably doesn’t help either.

Reactions: Zensō

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
That’s a good looking case. It’s too bad about the fingerprints. How bad is it compared to the Nomad?
The fingerprints wipe away just fine but are way worst than the Nomad rugged. The MagSafe strength, grip, cutouts, fit ETC blow the Nomad away. This speck is one fine case.

Lyric

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2019
Received my Amethyst Sheath today for my 15P. This is my first Cuadabe case and it is pretty nice. I do have to admit that I’m not really a fan of the volume buttons. They aren’t clicky enough for me. I’ll probably still keep it though since I was able to get it for 30% off with the code posted here.

Reactions: Djones96

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
If anyone is interested in a black sheath for the 15 pro max let me know. It’s brand new. I’m not going to use it, as the synthesis isn’t leaving my phone.

Reactions: Hooterville

SR Steve

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2010
I don’t think it’s an indent.. but maybe a coloration. I didn’t notice any ring until after I tried my PopWallet on it. Then there was a very visable ring, which I wiped most of off. I thought maybe it was that my PopWallet magnet was dirty, and the texture of the Sheath holds it in. The darker color probably doesn’t help either.
Yes, the circle is more visible on the black than the gray, but chances are most people would never notice it if it wasn't pointed out.

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
Can't wait to try my Torras buttons in the black Nomad Rugged. Those neon orange or Nike volt green buttons would send this black Nomad Rugged off the charts o_Oo_O

I hope they fit the rugged like they do the leather.

Wonder if the Rhinoshield buttons would work in the rugged case?

Last edited:

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Looks awesome, but I’m biased. 😉

I wonder what’s up with the MagSafe charging? Mine charges fine on two different Belkin MagSafe chargers as well as the Apple MagSafe puck. Seems strange…??
Same here. I love my nomad rugged!

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Aug 4, 2010
So tempted by the pitaka blue pro case.

But given the nightmare I’ve had with caudabe and now dbrand I’m just refusing to buy cases not in the UK and a available on Amazon.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015

But given the nightmare I’ve had with caudabe and now dbrand I’m just refusing to buy cases not in the UK and an available on Amazon.
Yeah, after getting the runaround from Caudabe and Otterbox this year, I’m a bit gun shy to buy from any supplier other than Amazon. To be fair, I did have a good return/exchange experience with Nomad and UAG.

Reactions: Surfsalot

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.

But given the nightmare I’ve had with caudabe and now dbrand I’m just refusing to buy cases not in the UK and a available on Amazon.
I’m interested in that one two but with two not good experiences ordering direct from Caudabe and Dbrand I’m sticking to ordering from Amazon UK for the easy returns if necessary.

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
In my opinion Sheath got a better shade of grey compared to Synthesis.

Agreed all the Sheaths colors are more saturated and Synthesis are a bit more washed out. I’m sure it’s because of textures of the cases

Reactions: Sal09

InsulinJunkie72

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2022
WI, USA

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
There are a couple of pictures of the Zagg London Snap "Gray Geo" earlier in this thread (which I should be receiving from Zagg in the next day or two - that's the color I preferred), below are a couple of quick pics of the "Black Geo" variant.

I wanted a fabric-backed case, somewhat similar to my Moment Rugged Case in canvas for my prior base 12 (https://www.shopmoment.com/products/moment-rugged-case-for-iphone-12/iphone-12-with-magsafe-black).
View attachment 2308483 View attachment 2308485
Nice, how are the cutouts? Correct or symmetrical ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.