Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
Dbrand Ghost Case Return Rate = 95% o_O

People good luck getting your refunds. Dbrand likes to take money but it's like pulling teeth to get it back.

Reactions: VaderRulez

nutsjul

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2020
I'm very aware of the issues with Dbrand's Ghost, but anyone tried their Grip case? It looks pretty up my street (plain, not too bulky, supposedly very clicky buttons) so thinking of trying it. Anyone got any pics/feedback they could share?
The case handling, weight, and overall feel are excellent. However, there is currently one issue - an overly sensitive action button. This problem has been widely reported on Reddit, and I've also experienced it. I'm currently awaiting a response from customer support regarding this matter.

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
Dbrand Ghost Case Return Rate = 95% o_O

People good luck getting your refunds. Dbrand likes to take money but it's like pulling teeth to get it back.
Where did you come up with that number ?

I received mine late last week. Flawless out of the box - no scuffs or scratches. Additionally, there’s no play at the bottom lip, clicky/tactile buttons, strong MagSafe magnet, feels good in the hand/great grip and thin. The Ghost lives up to the hype. This case is a looker too.

dotatoc

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2020
I'm very aware of the issues with Dbrand's Ghost, but anyone tried their Grip case? It looks pretty up my street (plain, not too bulky, supposedly very clicky buttons) so thinking of trying it. Anyone got any pics/feedback they could share?
I have the Grip. It's excellent. Doesn't snag in my pockets, not that I wear skinny jeans. I posted some not not great quality pics in this thread a few weeks ago.

Last edited:

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
Okay, the Torras buttons fit just fine in the Nomad Rugged case. They work fine and look good but are not perfect as they are kind of flush with the sides of the case. The Torras action button will not work as it's a bit to small and wobbles around in the socket. The RhinoShield buttons will not work in the Nomad rugged case.

Also, I can confirm that the Nomad Rugged buttons are aluminum and do have a black coating on the backs.

I went right back to the Nomad buttons as they just feel better. Couple pics:

nro01.jpg
nro02.jpg

nro03.jpg
nro04.jpg

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
Where did you come up with that number ?

I received mine late last week. Flawless out of the box - no scuffs or scratches. Additionally, there’s no play at the bottom lip, clicky/tactile buttons, strong MagSafe magnet, feels good in the hand/great grip and thin. The Ghost lives up to the hype. This case is a looker too.

Just speculation. Once you wipe the Ghost will a microfiber it will have scratches, just the nature of the beast.

vine-boating

macrumors 68020
Aug 10, 2017
Okay, the Torras buttons fit just fine in the Nomad Rugged case. They work fine and look good but are not perfect as they are kind of flush with the sides of the case. The Torras action button will not work as it's a bit to small and wobbles around in the socket. The RhinoShield buttons will not work in the Nomad rugged case.

Also, I can confirm that the Nomad Rugged buttons are aluminum and do have a black coating on the backs.

View attachment 2308657 View attachment 2308658
View attachment 2308659 View attachment 2308660
Does the case feel good in your hands? Do you find it slippery?

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015

View attachment 2308657 View attachment 2308658
View attachment 2308659 View attachment 2308660
Looks really cool but those Nomad buttons are hard to beat.

UMRebel

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
North MS
I just completed a return request on the dbrand website and requested a replacement for my Ghost case. It will definitely not be a daily case, but I really do like the looks of the case and I think it will provide good protection; it will just be scraped to hell and back if it's dropped. I just can't deal with a $50 damaged case out of the package. If anyone else requests a refund or replacement, please post your experience here. I will update if/when I receive a response to my request for a replacement.

Last edited:

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
Will be getting my Caudabe Synthesis tomorrow and I can’t wait.

My favorite case for a long time until they stopped making it was the Magpul field case and the Magpul bump case.

Since they stopped making it I was in search for similar. Found the Rugged Shield by Egotactical which was somewhat similar to the Magpul.

Since MagSafe was introduced the Rugged Shield hasn’t been MagSafe compatible.

The reason I’m going with the Caudabe Synthesis is because it some similar characteristics as the old Magpul plus it has MagSafe. I like one piece cases.

Anyone else remember the good ole Magpul?

Use to love the Magpul cases. There were plenty of knocks offs call Rugged Shield or something along those lines. Think I'll search Amazon and see if these knock offs are made for the 15PM

Found them but they have a mute switch cutout so that's a NOPE from me.

https://www.amazon.com/LABILUS-iPhone-Tactical-Protective-Compatible/dp/B0CJ8YCYGK/ref=sr_1_6?crid=QWIM0EQ99KPL&keywords=rugged+armor+15+pro+max&qid=1699373308&sprefix=rugged+armor+15+pro+ma,aps,619&sr=8-6&th=1

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
The case handling, weight, and overall feel are excellent. However, there is currently one issue - an overly sensitive action button. This problem has been widely reported on Reddit, and I've also experienced it. I'm currently awaiting a response from customer support regarding this matter.

That’s interesting thanks.

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Use to love the Magpul cases. There were plenty of knocks offs call Rugged Shield or something along those lines. Think I'll search Amazon and see if these knock offs are made for the 15PM

Found them but they have a mute switch cutout so that's a NOPE from me.

https://www.amazon.com/LABILUS-iPhone-Tactical-Protective-Compatible/dp/B0CJ8YCYGK/ref=sr_1_6?crid=QWIM0EQ99KPL&keywords=rugged+armor+15+pro+max&qid=1699373308&sprefix=rugged+armor+15+pro+ma,aps,619&sr=8-6&th=1
Egotactical rugged shield they’re called. They aren’t MagSafe compatible.

SweetLou122

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2011
Will be getting my Caudabe Synthesis tomorrow and I can’t wait.

My favorite case for a long time until they stopped making it was the Magpul field case and the Magpul bump case.

Since they stopped making it I was in search for similar. Found the Rugged Shield by Egotactical which was somewhat similar to the Magpul.

Since MagSafe was introduced the Rugged Shield hasn’t been MagSafe compatible.

The reason I’m going with the Caudabe Synthesis is because it some similar characteristics as the old Magpul plus it has MagSafe. I like one piece cases.

Anyone else remember the good ole Magpul?

I had the Magpul field case for the 4s and again for the 6s. Great case and always good neutral colors (olive drab, khaki etc). I have checked with every release to see if they started making them again but no such luck.

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
I’m trying to figure out why everyone is so upset or surprised that the Ghost case is going to scratch? You take ANY clear case that has the non yellowing technology in it whether it’s Casetify, Rhinoshield, Mous or whoever, it’s going to scratch. I think most people are upset because the case was so hyped up and you were somehow let down. This case is going to do nothing different than any other clear case that doesn't yellow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.