Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

steferrari

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2023
Italy
I’m trying to figure out why everyone is so upset or surprised that the Ghost case is going to scratch? You take ANY clear case that has the non yellowing technology in it whether it’s Casetify, Rhinoshield, Mous or whoever, it’s going to scratch. I think most people are upset because the case was so hyped up and you were somehow let down. This case is going to do nothing different than any other clear case that doesn't yellow.
I think people are disappointed about the fact that it was scratched out of the box.
You can accept that it will scratch over time, but out of the box it's definitely a bit annoying.

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
I’m trying to figure out why everyone is so upset or surprised that the Ghost case is going to scratch? You take ANY clear case that has the non yellowing technology in it whether it’s Casetify, Rhinoshield, Mous or whoever, it’s going to scratch. I think most people are upset because the case was so hyped up and you were somehow let down. This case is going to do nothing different than any other clear case that doesn't yellow.
it's the fact these cases are coming scratched out of the box.

Unacceptable to be fair

UMRebel

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
North MS
I think people are disappointed about the fact that it was scratched out of the box.
You can accept that it will scratch over time, but out of the box it's definitely a bit annoying.
Exactly. As one of the people who received the case scratched right out of the box, I don't think that's a fair assumption. I think the concept and design of the case is awesome and I simply want a case that's in new condition. I expect the case to show normal wear after use, but not right out of the box. If I'm paying $50 for a case, I expect it to at least be flawless when I open it.

UMRebel

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
North MS

Exactly. As one of the people who received the case scratched right out of the box, I don't think that's a fair assumption. I think the concept and design of the case is awesome and I simply want a case that's in new condition. I expect the case to show normal wear after use, but not right out of the box. If I'm paying $50 for a case, I expect it to at least be flawless when I open it.

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
agree on all points ...don't send me a scratched case ... I skipped on the iPhone Ghost but did cancel before the order shipped for my Pixel ..

vine-boating

macrumors 68020
Aug 10, 2017
It feels good in the hand but is kind of slippery. The sides have a channel that adds some grip but not a lot. The back is also smooth and kind of slick. I do like the case and it's still on my phone as of today.
Where did you get your lens protector from please?

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
@Sal09 Celestial Blue Synthesis on Natty Titanium

pUx0O3K.jpg

5jm5lhx.jpg

QWYrPhA.jpg

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012

timeconsumer

macrumors 68020
Aug 1, 2008
Portland
Question since I don’t test as many cases as you do. Is it common for cases to scuff/scratch on the inside just from putting the phone in it? I did not experience this with the Apple clear case and that case does not yellow.

I don’t care about scratches on the back that occur over time. But mine came scuffed up near the MagSafe area and after putting my phone in the case it has a huge scuff/scratch line on the right side.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Am I losing my mind or is my Nomad Rugged case activating my action button on it's own :confused:
I had that happen once (only once). Perhaps try reinstalling the case by securing the corners in a different order than usual, which fixed it for me.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
I don't really understand why you're trying to defend a company that sells a case for $50+ that comes out of the box with scratches on it. THATS why people are upset. Maybe over time people could live with the case scratching, but out of the box that it ships in? Cmon man..

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
I'm very aware of the issues with Dbrand's Ghost, but anyone tried their Grip case? It looks pretty up my street (plain, not too bulky, supposedly very clicky buttons) so thinking of trying it. Anyone got any pics/feedback they could share?
i have the grip case. it’s very comfortable to hold. i love the feeling of its texture. buttons are good and clicky. the action button is a little too sensitive but you get used to it. i feel the magsafe is still on the weak side. nothing scientific but just based on feel. the only reason it isn’t my main case is i’m not a fan of the shape. the body of the case gets thicker towards the top to protect the camera. i wish it just had a standard camera ring and it was uniformly shaped.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.