Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
How are some of the Caudabe lovers not soiling their underoos with the Caudabe 35% off promotion they emailed ?

thekidat

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Just got the YMW crazy horse leather case in brown like a few others, and first impression is good! The fit is pretty snug, and the leather is super soft. Buttons are very tactile as well.

I’ll need to find a product that stops color bleed, but that’s acceptable for a $25 case for me at least.

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
I don't really understand why you're trying to defend a company that sells a case for $50+ that comes out of the box with scratches on it. THATS why people are upset. Maybe over time people could live with the case scratching, but out of the box that it ships in? Cmon man..
I’m not trying to defend the company. I’m simply stating that it’s going to happen no matter who the brand is. It’s not like I’m advocating for the case. It’s solid but needs some improving. It probably isn’t going to even be on my top 10 honestly.

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
Question since I don’t test as many cases as you do. Is it common for cases to scuff/scratch on the inside just from putting the phone in it? I did not experience this with the Apple clear case and that case does not yellow.

I don’t care about scratches on the back that occur over time. But mine came scuffed up near the MagSafe area and after putting my phone in the case it has a huge scuff/scratch line on the right side.
I’ve had clear cases develops scratches on the inside for sure. It’s just as prone to scratch just like the outside of it.

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
Exactly. As one of the people who received the case scratched right out of the box, I don't think that's a fair assumption. I think the concept and design of the case is awesome and I simply want a case that's in new condition. I expect the case to show normal wear after use, but not right out of the box. If I'm paying $50 for a case, I expect it to at least be flawless when I open it.
I’m for sure not saying scratching out the box is acceptable because for $50, absolutely not.

Reactions: VaderRulez

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
I ain't reading all that, but glad they put out a statement that was more than "We're sorry" lol

I’ll keep it short and sweet

324eeb2e24b6c49c93f98ed08fa4539e.jpg

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
So the Ghost is not worth getting then? I am looking for a clear case.
I got one just to see what the fuss was about and am not a huge fan. It's not really a clear case in the sense that the sides aren't clear at all. I also feel like the plastic just feels a little cheap, but I guess that's the issue with most clear cases.

Reactions: vded
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.