Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
It does look nice. I wouldn’t mind trying one at all. Just wish they sold them on Amazon for easy return! lol but I’ll see how the QC issues shake out and order one once they iron it out.
Yea. I should be getting my Caudabe Synthesis today. First time I ordered direct but it’s the only option. I much prefer to order from Amazon for the same reasons as you.

Boro1986

Suspended
Nov 7, 2023
Caudabe users - am I alone in still thinking the buttons just aren't great?

I have the Sheath and Synthesis, power button on both is fine, volume buttons on both are OK at best, but the action button cover is bad on the Sheath and downright awful on the Synthesis. It's not a one-off either - I complained about them to Caudabe, so they've sent me replacements for both, they arrived yesterday and are just as bad.

A user on here suggested the buttons can be 'stretched' a little by taking the phone out and pushing them further than they should. I've tried this and it makes the Sheath action button what I'd call 'the low end of acceptable', but the Synthesis is still terrible - I literally can't feel if the button is being pressed at all, I only know by looking on-screen to see if anything happens. After having it on 2 Synthesis's I think I give up.

I'm desperate for one of these to be my daily case (probably the Sheath at this point as I give up on the Synthesis), but I'm running out of patience 🤦🏻‍♂️
i agree and have both cases. Sheath slightly better than Synthesis.

Reactions: AE14

shady16

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2019
Anyone with phone rebel gen 5 got scratches on the metal camera ring yet?
i havent on my gen 5 nor flex and besides hes releasing titanium camera rings soon which should be more resistant to scratches if your worried

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
i agree and have both cases. Sheath slightly better than Synthesis.
Glad to know it's not just me. I feel really frustrated about it - Caudabe's cases are overall IMO hands-down the best cases in terms of balance between grip/comfort/fit 🤦🏻‍♂️ No case is perfect, but personally I can't move beyond buttons this bad so will have to go with a case that's weakness is not buttons!

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Glad to know it's not just me. I feel really frustrated about it - Caudabe's cases are overall IMO hands-down the best cases in terms of balance between grip/comfort/fit 🤦🏻‍♂️ No case is perfect, but personally I can't move beyond buttons this bad so will have to go with a case that's weakness is not buttons!
I’m getting my Synthesis today, hopefully it’s good.

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2007
Still waiting for nomad to stock the blue rugged case…how is everyone still liking theirs?

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Just got my Ghost case. Came with some scratches out the box after peeling off the film and a couple more after putting the iPhone in the case (can see some on the top right part in the picture below)

Coming from a Caudabe Synthesis, I can say that it feels a lot better in hand due to it being thinner. The buttons are way better but the MagSafe strength is a little weaker.

Outside of the QC issues, I will be using it as my primary case for now and see how it holds up from wear and tear. I think it looks great with the blue color on my 15 Pro Max. I know dbrand is also working on a resolution for those that email them in regards to the scratches out the box so I trust them to make it right.

View attachment 2309117
I guess the only cases those were QC’d were the ones sent out to YT influencers or Tech Reviewers.

Reactions: Joe123Joe

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
I guess the only cases those were QC’d were the ones sent out to YT influencers or Tech Reviewers.
I have a theory that why the Ghost is getting scratched as your installing is because people don’t know how to install a case.

• Haha
Reactions: Surfsalot

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
I have a theory that why the Ghost is getting scratched as your installing is because people don’t know how to install a case.
I think your theory is wrong if people are literally opening boxes and finding their cases are scratched

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019

I have the Sheath and Synthesis, power button on both is fine, volume buttons on both are OK at best, but the action button cover is bad on the Sheath and downright awful on the Synthesis. It's not a one-off either - I complained about them to Caudabe, so they've sent me replacements for both, they arrived yesterday and are just as bad.

A user on here suggested the buttons can be 'stretched' a little by taking the phone out and pushing them further than they should. I've tried this and it makes the Sheath action button what I'd call 'the low end of acceptable', but the Synthesis is still terrible - I literally can't feel if the button is being pressed at all, I only know by looking on-screen to see if anything happens. After having it on 2 Synthesis's I think I give up.

I'm desperate for one of these to be my daily case (probably the Sheath at this point as I give up on the Synthesis), but I'm running out of patience

These are my first Caudabe cases ever so don't have anything to compare them from previous ...buttons are okay not the best most clicky I've experienced..I don't really use the buttons much daily so I'm going to keep rolling with them... Synthesis is my fav of the two feel wise ..

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
I think your theory is wrong if people are literally opening boxes and finding their cases are scratched
I’m not referring to scratches out of the box, that’s a different story. I’m referring to many reports of people getting scratches as a result of installation. In other words no scratches out of the box but after installation there are scratches.

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
These are my first Caudabe cases ever so don't have anything to compare them from previous ...buttons are okay not the best most clicky I've experienced..I don't really use the buttons much daily so I'm going to keep rolling with them... Synthesis is my fav of the two feel wise ..
So you got the Sheath and Synthesis? My Synthesis will be delivered today. What makes the Synthesis a better feel than the Sheath?

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
So you got the Sheath and Synthesis? My Synthesis will be delivered today. What makes the Synthesis a better feel than the Sheath?
It has a lighter feel in hand and a slimmer profile ..plus the sides have them grips..

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
Interesting cause based on the descriptions you would think that the Synthesis was thicker than the Sheath.
TBH I didn't read the description of the cases so I'm not sure specs wise but my feel in hand tells me Synthesis...please let us know how ya feel about them side by side

off2marz

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2023

I'm desperate for one of these to be my daily case (probably the Sheath at this point as I give up on the Synthesis), but I'm running out of patience 🤦🏻‍♂️
Both my Sheath & Synthesis are the same as you described. Power, and volume buttons are “ok”, but the action button just does its job. No audible click on that one. I thought maybe it’s because of the case one-piece design and that it’s a smaller button.

off2marz

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2023
Interesting cause based on the descriptions you would think that the Synthesis was thicker than the Sheath.
When I compared my Sheath & Synthesis side by side, Synthesis did indeed look just a little thinner. That might be because there’s no felt lining on the inside

Gridlink

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2023
How do you find the grip and backside? I have a white 15Pro so deciding between blue or grey.
Both are good. The sides and back are nicely grippy. The back does show fingerprints and smudges but they easily wipe off. Being a clear case though they aren't as immediately visible as with an aramid fiber case.

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Did you read post #6976? Per dbrand, there are two categories of scratches.
More excuses by a reputable company instead of owning up that they got it wrong.

How else are you suppose to install a case?

Wear gloves before opening the box?

I cannot stop laughing at people mocking Apple for charging £59 for Fine Woven case and then defending Dbrand.

Two types of scratches 😂.

off2marz

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2023
As much as I love my sheath and synthesis, I agree with people in this thread that say their buttons are meh. The volume and power buttons are okay, but the action button sucks, it’s like a mushy feeling. Not enough to deter me from using either case though.
Mushy feeling is exactly how I would describe it as well. Despite that, I’m really liking both of these cases. I think Synthesis is winning for me, simply for that grip.

eyespy03

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2020
Anyone with phone rebel gen 5 got scratches on the metal camera ring yet?
Negative here and it is my everyday case - hasn't come off since I received it. And it has taken a few drops. No marks even on the TPU. Still looks pristine

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.