Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

timeconsumer

macrumors 68020
Aug 1, 2008
Portland
The 2 categories of scratches, scratches right of the box which is not acceptable.

The other scratch I’m referring too is the many reports of having no scratches out of the box, then after installing the phone scratches appear. If you install phone properly then I can’t see scratches happening as a result of installation.
You’ve made several posts about installing it properly, can you please elaborate on how to properly install?

I’ve used a lot of clear cases over the years but haven’t experienced scratching the inside of a clear case within seconds like I’ve experienced with the Ghost case. Each time I remove and install the Ghost case another new scratch occurs.

aldo82

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2011
Half a day in with the sheath and I don’t think it’s for me. The material just isn’t very grippy especially with cold hands and I feel like I’m more likely to drop the phone. I was using the Apple silicone before and while the stickiness annoys me, I actually miss the smooth soft grippier feeling vs the hard rough texture of the sheath. So the Apple silicone is back on my phone and the sheath is back in it’s box.

for those that use the sheath long term, does the grip improve?

AnthroMatt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2011
Redlands, CA
I will admit these Hybrid Cases are insanely good for the price. Accurate generous cutouts on the bottom, excellent fit and the MagSafe is ludicrously strong.

Only downside is they will inevitably yellow over time but that’s more a clear case thing.
Yeah, but for $20 I can buy 3 more for the same price as one Nomad case. And I say that as someone that owns a Nomad case. I find myself in the Spigen case as often as my Pitaka these days. It's really great for $20 and the frosted back (I didn't get the full clear) hides fingerprints and smudges. It's a great case for $20.

Mr Knight

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2021
Yeah, but for $20 I can buy 3 more for the same price as one Nomad case. And I say that as someone that owns a Nomad case. I find myself in the Spigen case as often as my Pitaka these days. It's really great for $20 and the frosted back (I didn't get the full clear) hides fingerprints and smudges. It's a great case for $20.
Oh I wasn’t at all stating it as a dealbreaker, more a nuisance as it’s pretty much the only downside I can find.

The dark frost one looks epic on darker cases too.

Reactions: AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2011
Redlands, CA
Oh I wasn’t at all stating it as a dealbreaker, more a nuisance as it’s pretty much the only downside I can find.

The dark frost one looks epic on darker cases too.
And the dark frost will not yellow, so bonus there. I found the dark one to be a bit more slippery though, so I ended up keeping the clear frost, even though I expected I'd be keeping the black one.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Half a day in with the sheath and I don’t think it’s for me. The material just isn’t very grippy especially with cold hands and I feel like I’m more likely to drop the phone. I was using the Apple silicone before and while the stickiness annoys me, I actually miss the smooth soft grippier feeling vs the hard rough texture of the sheath. So the Apple silicone is back on my phone and the sheath is back in it’s box.

for those that use the sheath long term, does the grip improve?
A couple of years ago I used a Sheath for most a year. I didn’t notice that the grip changed much over time, but if anything it became slightly more slippery as the surface wore down.

InsulinJunkie72

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2022
WI, USA
The second was a Zapp London Snap in grey. The look and feel are quite nice. I do like the fabric on the back with the grippy leaning towards rough geometric pattern on the back. There are a number of glaring problems with the case though. The major problem is that the power button either doesn't work at all, or once I do get it to work it's so sensitive just brushing anything against activates it. Zagg made the power button cover too thick. So thick it's either pressing down all the time or just needs the lightest touch to activate it.
So I got my "Gray Geo" in today that I ordered direct from Zagg, since they were the only ones who briefly had it in stock for the 15 Pro Max. Now I've been estatic with the "Black Geo" Zagg; it's exceeded my expectations and been possibly my favorite case I've tried so far for the 15 PM. Thus, I'm excited to pop on the Gray version on my Natural.

Put it on the phone - and I get the same deal. None of the buttons work! Are you kidding me?

The buttons are removable, so having a "Black Geo" to raid for parts, I put the black's power button on, and it works. Gray's power button works fine in Black. Put the original power button back in Gray... no dice. The two buttons appear identical. Disappointment mounting.

On a whim, I try installing the original power button, but this time from the outside and kind of stretching out the hole a bit. Success!!!

So as of right now - and I've removed the phone a couple of times and put it back in, to see if that causes an issue - all buttons on the "Gray Geo" work. With all the buttons (currently) functional, I'm just as happy with it as I am with the Black version.

Zagg seems to be doing something differently between the two versions, though.
Zagg_LS_G01.jpg

Last edited:

SR Steve

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2010
A couple of years ago I used a Sheath for most a year. I didn’t notice that the grip changed much over time, but if anything it became slightly more slippery as the surface wore down.
Yes, they will show wear over time. My experience with the iPhone 12 PM cases I've used were that the blue seemed to fare better than the black and gray, the former maintaining close to its original texture while the surfaces on the latter 2 became less rough, especially on the edges. None of them were ever slippery though.

Edit: I just weighed them and the material on the blue case must be slightly different as it is 2g lighter than the other 2, which were purchased together a couple of years earlier. All 3 of them are considerably lighter and thinner than the new 15 case, 26-29g vs. 46g for the 15 PM gray Sheath. There is definitely more side surface to grasp on the newer model.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zensō

ifxf

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2011
Don’t care about MagSafe so got a Spigen Liquid air armor case, very pleased with it. Much easier then my previous spigen to get the case on and off the phone.

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
So I got my "Gray Geo" in today that I ordered direct from Zagg, since they were the only ones who briefly had it in stock for the 15 Pro Max. Now I've been estatic with the "Black Geo" Zagg; it's exceeded my expectations and been possibly my favorite case I've tried so far for the 15 PM. Thus, I'm excited to pop on the Gray version on my Natural.

Put it on the phone - and I get the same deal. None of the buttons work! Are you kidding me?

The buttons are removable, so having a "Black Geo" to raid for parts, I put the black's power button on, and it works. Gray's power button works fine in Black. Put the original power button back in Gray... no dice. The two buttons appear identical. Disappointment mounting.

On a whim, I try installing the original power button, but this time from the outside and kind of stretching out the hole a bit. Success!!!

So as of right now - and I've removed the phone a couple of times and put it back in, to see if that causes an issue - all buttons on the "Gray Geo" work. With all the buttons (currently) functional, I'm just as happy with it as I am with the Black version.

Zagg seems to be doing something differently between the two versions, though. View attachment 2309500

You can send the black one my way if you don't need it o_O

How is the Magsafe on these?

• Haha
Reactions: InsulinJunkie72

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Man it's tough everyone's tolerance level is different...I'm OCD ..if I just got the case and it scratched the first time installing the phone and knowing how careful I am with all my cases I would be pissed tbh... I'm not one to lie about stuff so I would notify customer service and we can figure it out ...as I mentioned earlier long time Dbrand customer so I have no reason to stop being a customer..

Don’t care about MagSafe so got a Spigen Liquid air armor case, very pleased with it. Much easier than my previous spigen to get the case on and off the phone.
Wow Spigen has some nice cases and are priced right.

Mr Knight

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2021
And the dark frost will not yellow, so bonus there. I found the dark one to be a bit more slippery though, so I ended up keeping the clear frost, even though I expected I'd be keeping the black one.
Yeah I did a big Spigen haul from Amazon a few weeks back (yay for free returns) and the dark frost along with graphite hybrid were the winners, even beating out the Enzo due to that being annoyingly slippery.

Gridlink

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2023

The MagSafe is extremely strong. I have a Nomad charging stand on my desk at home which weighs a pound and my 15P with the Zagg case on easily picks it up. It's the only case I own that I need to hold down the stand to take my phone off of.

I'm still going to return my grey version. I don't need both the grey and the black, and to me the black looks better. The combination of the black, gunmetal buttons, and grey geometric pattern on the back looks really nice with the natural Ti.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
What makes a favorite case (not objectively best) is obviously highly subjective and different for each individual, which I think is most of the fun and why we’re all here participating in this epic thread. For me, after going through a literal pile of cases this year, I keep coming back to this Mous as my favorite. Now that we’re nearly 300 pages in, what case is emerging as your favorite for this year?

FullSizeRender.jpeg

AnthroMatt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2011
Redlands, CA

Zagg seems to be doing something differently between the two versions, though. View attachment 2309500
Interesting. I tried a Mous Limitless for my 15P and had the same issue with the power button you are describing on the Zagg. I've seen no one else complain about the Mous in that regard, so I just got a dud.

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Got the Caudabe Synthesis in Gray an hour ago.

Love this case. Reminds me of the good ole Magpul in a way.

Grip is excellent for me. The sides are really grippy. I like the texture on the back to give it some grip.

Buttons are good for me.

I thought the case was too small because when I inserted volume side, seemed small. Then when I went to click the power button side, didn’t think it would go in.

Love this stupid simple case. Goes great with my natty.

Last edited:

InsulinJunkie72

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2022
WI, USA

:D Black London Snap is definitely staying in the rotation, alongside this gray version (assuming the buttons don't crap out).

Magsafe is pretty strong (but not enough to keep the Peak Design wallet from sliding a bit, but none of my cases have been. Wally Jr. wallet en route. Like my existing Apple Leather wallets, but the whole pull tab thing is a nice quality of life thing)

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
I totally agree. I have a clear

Spigen Magnetic Ultra Hybrid.​

Not one mark. You put the side with the volume keys and action buttons in and work the top and bottom over the ends and slip up the right side.

That's because it's not a hard plastic case like the Ghost. Personally I am glad I canceled my preorder. Shocked by all the QC issues this company has. This is not a mom and pop shop business.

If you are going to spend $50 on a clear case, I can easily recommend the Otterbox Lumen. This case in gray bangs on the natty titanium.

7bQSETU.jpg

Last edited:

DanUC6

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2007
Been rolling in the black Nomad Rugged for a couple of days now and I'm really liking this case :oops:
Might have to order the Ultra Orange also.
Just waiting for stock for the pro max. Was told once they get some in you will see a notify me button.

off2marz

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2023
Has anyone here tried the Zagg Denali Snap? If so, thoughts? Pics? I did try a search & didn’t see any posts on this one.

vine-boating

macrumors 68020
Aug 10, 2017
I think a couple of us have it. The grey version is gorgeous with the natural ti phone. Having a clear case with a color matched MagSafe ring looks to much better than white. Color matched sides should also limit long term yellowing to some extent too.
What colour would go best with the Titanium Blue iPhone?

Danorak81

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2013
UK

Do you have a link to those cases at all? Can’t seem to find them for the 15PM on their website?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.