Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Tills13

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2023
Those that have heard or got the Otterbox xt what’s your verdict? I’ve still go it in the box unsure whether to send it back or not

Latch6044

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2023
Got the Caudabe Synthesis in Gray an hour ago.

I thought the case was too small because when I inserted volume side, seemed small. Then when I went to click the power button side, didn’t think it would go in.

You may have installed it wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: Djones96

Dh1

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2023
Hi guys choice between Nomad or Ryan London cases which would you choose have generally used Nomad over the past few years?

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Hi guys choice between Nomad or Ryan London cases which would you choose have generally used Nomad over the past few years?
I have few Ryan London accessories but never ordered their iPhone cases purely because of open bottom.

So my vote goes to Nomad for that reason only.

Otherwise both very decent options.

Dh1

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2023
I have few Ryan London accessories but never ordered their iPhone cases purely because of open bottom.

So my vote goes to Nomad for that reason only.

Otherwise both very decent options.
Ok thanks the Ryan London new cases for 15 has the bottom closed wasn’t sure which was the best leather option to go for.

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Ok thanks the Ryan London new cases for 15 has the bottom closed wasn’t sure which was the best leather option to go for.
Yup. Just saw their listings for 15 Pro Max.

So they’ve stopped doing full grain leather as well.

Members on here have ordered YMW leather cases from Ali X less than half the price. In my opinion they looked pretty good.

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
So I got my "Gray Geo" in today that I ordered direct from Zagg, since they were the only ones who briefly had it in stock for the 15 Pro Max. Now I've been estatic with the "Black Geo" Zagg; it's exceeded my expectations and been possibly my favorite case I've tried so far for the 15 PM. Thus, I'm excited to pop on the Gray version on my Natural.

Put it on the phone - and I get the same deal. None of the buttons work! Are you kidding me?

The buttons are removable, so having a "Black Geo" to raid for parts, I put the black's power button on, and it works. Gray's power button works fine in Black. Put the original power button back in Gray... no dice. The two buttons appear identical. Disappointment mounting.

On a whim, I try installing the original power button, but this time from the outside and kind of stretching out the hole a bit. Success!!!

So as of right now - and I've removed the phone a couple of times and put it back in, to see if that causes an issue - all buttons on the "Gray Geo" work. With all the buttons (currently) functional, I'm just as happy with it as I am with the Black version.

Zagg seems to be doing something differently between the two versions, though. View attachment 2309500
Love this, got one on pre-order from Amazon UK, can't find them anywhere else over here.

Has anyone here tried the Zagg Denali Snap? If so, thoughts? Pics? I did try a search & didn’t see any posts on this one.
I tried the Denali, but not the Snap. I liked it, decent case, but for me personally slightly too bulky. It felt quite thick along the edges making it feel pretty wide so I returned. Other than that it's solid though - felt nice, decent buttons, good fit.

Reactions: off2marz

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Wow I’m really loving the Caudabe Synthesis. What I like most about it is the grip. It’s also not a bulky case for what it is.

MagSafe is pretty strong.

Bottom cut outs are great for resting your pinky on.

Another thing that I like about it sort of brings back memories in a way of my past favorite case the Magpul field case. Same material, one piece stupid simple yet functional case.

Feels exceptional in the hand with the matrix pattern on the sides and the texture on the back. Don’t know how I didn’t give this case a shot when Magpul stopped making cases.

Anyone who has titanium natty the Grey Synthesis goes well with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bkdodger and Zensō

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
Anyone that's had the Nomad Sport a little while - how's the gloss back holding up? Fancy trying it but convinced it will scratch/mark easily.

Are the bottom cutouts comfy if you rest your pinkie there too?

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
That's because it's not a hard plastic case like the Ghost. Personally I am glad I canceled my preorder. Shocked by all the QC issues this company has. This is not a mom and pop shop business.

If you are going to spend $50 on a clear case, I can easily recommend the Otterbox Lumen. This case in gray bangs on the natty titanium.

7bQSETU.jpg
It is a nice case, I bought the black one and only returned it because the MagSafe ring is glittery, not my speed. And when I went back to the Apple Store to return it, I noticed all the colors have a glittery look under the lights, not just black.

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Those that have heard or got the Otterbox xt what’s your verdict? I’ve still go it in the box unsure whether to send it back or not
I have the full black one, not clear. But it hasn’t come off my phone since I got it last week. Hope this helps.

leviathan1

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2010
Has anybody here used the Lonli IPhone 15 Pro Leather case? They look pretty good, especially for the price but I have read that the metal buttons are uncovered on the inside and can scratch the iPhone buttons. Also, I read that the buttons aren't that clicky and the leather may not be real leather. I'm curious to hear actual opinions. Thanks!

steferrari

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2023
Italy
Don’t care about MagSafe so got a Spigen Liquid air armor case, very pleased with it. Much easier then my previous spigen to get the case on and off the phone.
Very good case, probably underrated and not mentioned enough.

I still have my iPhone X one (bought in 2017 with the phone) and it's still solid, it became a bit shiny (which is normal) but it hasn't got loose at all.
Probably the perfect every-day case or the ideal one to alternate with something more premium (like leather, etc.)
No MagSafe so it's also very light, I'll probably buy it again when I'll get my 15 PM.

Can you post a pic?

The Destroyer

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2007
Toronto
Has anybody here used the Lonli IPhone 15 Pro Leather case? They look pretty good, especially for the price but I have read that the metal buttons are uncovered on the inside and can scratch the iPhone buttons. Also, I read that the buttons aren't that clicky and the leather may not be real leather. I'm curious to hear actual opinions. Thanks!
There was a post here a few weeks back that the Magsafe magnets on the Lonli for the Pro's are not placed correctly, which leads to slow charging speeds. Was a shame as it appears to be a nice case otherwise.

Reactions: leviathan1

InsulinJunkie72

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2022
WI, USA
Do you have a link to those cases at all? Can’t seem to find them for the 15PM on their website?
So you're saying you can't find the London Snap in the UK? Well, that's just not right... :p

Here's the Zagg link I used (although Amazon also carries them in the US, but on back order currently):

The 15PM versions do seem be somewhat hard to find in black & gray - the Black version was only in stock at Best Buy when I ordered, and the Gray version was only in stock at Zagg - for about two seconds before it went out of stock again for a few days.

Last edited:

InsulinJunkie72

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2022
WI, USA
Love this, got one on pre-order from Amazon UK, can't find them anywhere else over here.

I tried the Denali, but not the Snap. I liked it, decent case, but for me personally slightly too bulky.
Supplies do seem to be a bit low on the more popular colors at the moment, although I could get the teal or navy versions any time I wanted.

I'm not familiar with the Denali, but the Snap isn't exactly the thinnest case. I don't mind bulk, since I prioritize protection fairly highly - and I'm using a Pro Max to begin with. So the Snap may or may not be up your alley, in terms of thickness.

Danorak81

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2013
UK
So you're saying you can't find the London Snap in the UK? Well, that's just not right... :p

Here's the Zagg link I used (although Amazon also carries them in the US, but on back order currently):

The 15PM versions do seem be somewhat hard to find in black & gray - the Black version was only in stock at Best Buy when I ordered, and the Gray version was only in stock at Zagg - for about two seconds before it went out of stock again for a few days.
Must be a location issue: when I follow your link it gives me an error 404: page not found!

AnthroMatt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2011
Redlands, CA
Anyone else extremely bored with phone cases right now, or is it just me? I swap between the Sheath and Synthesis, but all of the other cases I bought just sit inside a drawer collecting dust.
Same. I have sent a bunch back. Kinda funny I've settled on one of the cheapest cases ($20 Spigen) as my favorite at this point. Just goes to prove I think about cases way too much

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.