Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Iā€™ll join this club. I was supposedly done weeks ago, yet curiosity got the best of me and a Rebel Gen5 is arriving today. šŸ˜µā€šŸ’«
You really did let your curiosity get the best of you, huh? lol. My biggest regret is the Moft case I bought. Not because it's a bad case, it's actually a pretty good case, but because I spent $50 on a single case that doesn't get used.šŸ˜

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
You really did let your curiosity get the best of you, huh? lol. My biggest regret is the Moft case I bought. Not because it's a bad case, it's actually a pretty good case, but because I spent $50 on a single case that doesn't get used.šŸ˜
Yeah, curiosity killed the cat (again). It was one of only a couple of the heavy hitters that I didnā€™t try out this year. I already have a feeling it may go back to Amazon and I havenā€™t even seen it yet. šŸ™„

Reactions: Djones96

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Yeah, curiosity killed the cat (again). It was one of only a couple of the heavy hitters that I didnā€™t try out this year. I already have a feeling it may go back to Amazon and I havenā€™t even seen it yet. šŸ™„
That seems to be the recurring theme this year šŸ˜‚ I was never intrigued by the rebel gen 5 after I saw the weight of that case. 55 grams is definitely too hefty for my liking.

off2marz

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2023
Anyone else extremely bored with phone cases right now, or is it just me? I swap between the Sheath and Synthesis, but all of the other cases I bought just sit inside a drawer collecting dust.
Iā€™m pretty satisfied w my Sheath & Synthesis that Iā€™ve put away my prior two cheaper cases (Alphex & Elago). Iā€™m still interested in getting a slim case similar to Pitaka or Benks Armor Air, and Iā€™m waiting to see irl pics of Bare Skin leather.

Reactions: Djones96

JetBlack7

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2011
Portugal
My Ringke Silicone Magnetic has finally arrived. Love the feel and fit!

IMG_0013.jpeg

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
That seems to be the recurring theme this year šŸ˜‚ I was never intrigued by the rebel gen 5 after I saw the weight of that case. 55 grams is definitely too hefty for my liking.
Yeah, 55 grams is up there, though I tend to prefer relatively protective cases so Iā€™m somewhat acclimated to cases in that range. Right now Iā€™m in the Mous at 49 grams which feels good to me. Weā€™ll seeā€¦

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Nice. Is it the slick type of silicone or similar to the Apple Silicone case? The Apple one is too much of a lint magnet to me.
That stickiness goes away after not too long. I wouldnā€™t let it discourage you from using it if you like it especially with the extended holiday return period.

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Donā€™t hear much talk about Tech 21 cases. Anyone rocking one or know about them?

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
Finally got around to using the laser on the synthesis. It burns black instead of white like the sheath does. I dig it. I hate boring backs on cases but thatā€™s just me. Used an old Apple leather case for testing the alignment then taped off and did the rest of the measurement based on that šŸ˜‚

Attachments

• IMG_6834.jpeg
    IMG_6834.jpeg
    309.6 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_2738.jpeg
    IMG_2738.jpeg
    483.5 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_2742.jpeg
    IMG_2742.jpeg
    573.2 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_2744.jpeg
    IMG_2744.jpeg
    461.2 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_6838.jpeg
    IMG_6838.jpeg
    118 KB · Views: 160

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Finally got around to using the laser on the synthesis. It burns black instead of white like the sheath does. I dig it. I hate boring backs on cases but thatā€™s just me. Used an old Apple leather case for testing the alignment then taped off and did the rest of the measurement based on that šŸ˜‚
I want an Apple logo on the back of my Synthesis!

The Destroyer

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2007
Toronto
That looks awesome! I am definitely diggin' it.

The Phone Rebel Gen 5 looks to be in rough shape, have you dropped it much? My Gen-3 didn't look that rough after a year of use. Was tempted to grab one for my aramid fix.

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
That looks awesome! I am definitely diggin' it.

The Phone Rebel Gen 5 looks to be in rough shape, have you dropped it much? My Gen-3 didn't look that rough after a year of use. Was tempted to grab one for my aramid fix.
Oh nah man itā€™s still 99% perfect, just needed a wipe down. Work as a programmer in maintenance but I usually help the guys in my free time so I get oil/ink/motors fluids, etc on my hands a lot. I highly recommend it. Still my favorite case for the 15PM. Only wear on it I can see is the camera ring. Eagerly awaiting the titanium camera ring and buttons šŸ„¹

Attachments

• IMG_6850.jpeg
    IMG_6850.jpeg
    539.7 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_6854.jpeg
    IMG_6854.jpeg
    426.8 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_6855.jpeg
    IMG_6855.jpeg
    358.5 KB · Views: 96

jkel777

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2014
Anyone else extremely bored with phone cases right now, or is it just me? I swap between the Sheath and Synthesis, but all of the other cases I bought just sit inside a drawer collecting dust.
I went through the most cases for the 15 PM than any other iPhone I've had lol. Tried a few cheap Amazon cases that didn't do the job and returned them. Tried the Apple Silicone and really liked it but wanted a bit more protection and longevity, so I returned it. Then I got the Caudabe Synthesis and Sheath and will be sticking with the Synthesis from here on out. Just a really solid case all around. I also have a cheap Amazon case that I really liked and fit great but the Synthesis and Sheath are miles better. Plus I'm out of my Amazon return window for that one lol.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Iā€™m pretty satisfied w my Sheath & Synthesis that Iā€™ve put away my prior two cheaper cases (Alphex & Elago). Iā€™m still interested in getting a slim case similar to Pitaka or Benks Armor Air, and Iā€™m waiting to see irl pics of Bare Skin leather.
I definitely am satisfied with those 2 as well, with the Synthesis actually probably being my favorite case this year, I guess I'm just feeling "bored" because I'm a nerd and like buying new phone cases lol. Maybe a new color for the Synthesis would satisfy me?
I would be interested in a slimmer case too at some point, but idk what that'd be. The pitaka to me seems too boxy, and had a Benks for my 14 last year, so we'll see.
I went through the most cases for the 15 PM than any other iPhone I've had lol. Tried a few cheap Amazon cases that didn't do the job and returned them. Tried the Apple Silicone and really liked it but wanted a bit more protection and longevity, so I returned it. Then I got the Caudabe Synthesis and Sheath and will be sticking with the Synthesis from here on out. Just a really solid case all around. I also have a cheap Amazon case that I really liked and fit great but the Synthesis and Sheath are miles better. Plus I'm out of my Amazon return window for that one lol.
I think the phone I bought the most cases for was actually my 13 PM, but they were all little dinky cases that cost like $20 so none were really that solid. I'm out of the return window at this point for all cases I've bought so no going back at this point šŸ˜‚ Might just get a new color for the Synthesis to satisfy my need for a new case lol.

leviathan1

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2010
Donā€™t hear much talk about Tech 21 cases. Anyone rocking one or know about them?
I have been using the Evo Check on the iPhone 15 Pro and like it a lot. I used it on the 12 pro and love the look and feel. It does show fingerprints, but they clean off well.

Reactions: macher

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
I have been using the Evo Check on the iPhone 15 Pro and like it a lot. I used it on the 12 pro and love the look and feel. It does show fingerprints, but they clean off well.
Thanks! Does it have a frosted back?

Last edited:

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Looks like as if that Rebel 5 just came back from KFC

Loving that logo on Sheath.

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
Looks like as if that Rebel 5 just came back from KFC

Loving that logo on Sheath.
Could be worse, it could look like one of those forced patina leather cases in the patina thread ā€œI sandblasted the case, rubbed horse radish on it, left it under water for a week, then ran it over twiceā€. But yeah man, I wish you could choose your back type like on the Debrand cases. Would get rid of the oil trap asap.

kvlq

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2015
OMG, that's just wow.
how much for printing the Apple logo on Synthesis? šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Reactions: VSMacOne

leviathan1

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2010
Thanks! Does it have a frosted back?
I have the Smokey black evo check so it shows way less smudges and fingerprints. The evo lite has a more frosted back to it and shows less. The evo check has a better drop protection (16 feet) vs the lite (10 feet). Both cases are thin and feel good imo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.