Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2014
This case popped up on my Facebook yesterday and it looks incredible. Someone please talk me out of spending $109!

Reactions: RRC

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
This case popped up on my Facebook yesterday and it looks incredible. Someone please talk me out of spending $109!

Don't buy it, too much $$$, It does look nice though

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Damn that black & orange combo looks so good. Got me considering this case now. Can’t wait to see what yall do when Rebel finally drops the custom
buttons
I’m losing faith that they’re actually going to drop said buttons….

Sard0nyx

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2023

That case looks chunky. But nice

Reactions: AlphaGuitarist

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
$60 = Free, did you not know this? They should definitely send me one for free and I’ll give them my true feedback..you know, spread the word about the case. It’s a win-win for them.

Oh trueeeee. Silly me. I forgot the $60 is silent. So you don’t have to pay it. Got it. I say he sends a free round for all the homies on MacRumors!

Reactions: Djones96

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Oh trueeeee. Silly me. I forgot the $60 is silent. So you don’t have to pay it. Got it. I say he sends a free round for all the homies on MacRumors!
I’d add it to my drawer collection after realizing my ink Apple case still reigns supreme.

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2014
Don't buy it, too much $$$, It does look nice though
That’s the only thing that’s keeping me from pulling the trigger. I currently have 3 cases that set me back around $120 (Nomad Rugged Leather, Phone Rebel Gen5 and a Spigen Mag Armor that I never even took out of the box), so I’m having a very hard time justifying a completely unnecessary expense. It looks so nice, though!
That case looks chunky. But nice
I don’t mind a little chunk, as long as it’s not Otterbox level.

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas

Do it. I ordered a brown one lol tempted to order a black one too

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Not me. If I ever decided to go caseless then I would consider it to keep the lenses off surfaces when placing the phone down but when using a case with a camera lip I don’t think they are necessary
Yea makes sense. After doing some research it’s possible that camera lens protectors have the potential to distort pictures.

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2012
England
Just keep in mind that this is the slipperiest case on planet earth. I'm thinking about ordering one of those MagSafe Popsocket deals for it.

It's slippery but for some reason I still love it! Looks and feels great, perfect buttons and very confident of protection.
My black buttons/camera ring come tomorrow (case is Bordeaux) and I'll love it even more!

Thinking about a Popsocket but would only use it when reading in bed.

steferrari

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2023
Italy
01.jpg

02.jpg

Here they are, one for me, one for my cousin... no phones yet, but cases! 🤣

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Caudabe Sheath and Synthesis users.

Can’t find any information. Which is the thinner of the 2? Which one feels thinner in the hand?

Iamdld

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2023

Can’t find any information. Which is the thinner of the 2? Which one feels thinner in the hand?

Have both, Synthesis feels better to me. Sheath is very good but the Synthesis feels more solid because it is rigid and feels slimmer in hand. If I never bought the Synthesis though i would be perfectly fine with the Sheath.

Reactions: AE14

off2marz

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2023

In my comparison, the Synthesis is a little thinner (first photo). Width wise, Synthesis is a little wider (second photo).

Attachments

• IMG_0036.jpeg
    IMG_0036.jpeg
    425.4 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_8609.jpeg
    IMG_8609.jpeg
    370.6 KB · Views: 164

SR Steve

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2010
In my comparison, the Synthesis is a little thinner (first photo). Width wise, Synthesis is a little wider (second photo).
It appears that Caudabe is moving the Synthesis and Sheath closer to each other. Used to be the Synthesis was more robust with the harder material on the back. Now with the felt lining on the Sheath they've become similar in weight with the Synthesis actually being slightly smaller in some of the dimensions.

IMG_2289.jpg

Here you can see how much thicker the 15 PM Sheath (R) is than the same model for the iPhone 12. It also weighs considerably more - 46g vs. 26g.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Lol I said this, and my post was deleted? Sick.🤣🤣

Attachments

• Macrumors.png
    Macrumors.png
    8.3 KB · Views: 102

off2marz

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2023
It appears that Caudabe is moving the Synthesis and Sheath closer to each other. Used to be the Synthesis was more robust with the harder material on the back. Now with the felt lining on the Sheath they've become similar in weight with the Synthesis actually being slightly smaller in some of the dimensions.

View attachment 2310380

Here you can see how much thicker the 15 PM Sheath (R) is than the same model for the iPhone 12. It also weighs considerably more - 46g vs. 26g.
That’s interesting to see the difference in the 12 vs 15PM Sheath, but I think it may be largely due to the difference in the phones dimensions. I compared via Apple website & 12 is 0.29 inch depth while 15 PM is 0.32 inch depth.

This is my first year with Caudabe, but I have read others saying the same as you, that this years sheath & synthesis are more similar than previous years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.