Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

TotalMacMove

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2013
USA
Never owned a PopSocket in my life but I do now o_O Got the PopSocket Magsafe and it's pretty cool. On the back of the "SlipperySuit" it does add some grip to the back while folded flat. The MagSafe strength of the SlipperySuit hold the PopSocket on like it's welded. I will try it on some of my other cases and see how it goes.
Don' t think it was worth $30. but pretty cool device none the less.

View attachment 2310488 View attachment 2310491 View attachment 2310493

I just got the black and clear magsafe popsockets to try out and the clear one has a grippier finish but seems like it may yellow over time.

Reactions: Hooterville

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
Man, I can't get over how clean this moft case is..

The popsocket combined with this case looks sweet, I've been thinking about picking up this combo, but not sure the popsocket is worth $30 o_O
The black slippery case is a fingerprint/smudge magnet on the back though o_O

PopSocket deal looks pretty cool on the orange also :cool:

opop01.jpg

opop02.jpg

Cerneka

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2023
Yup. Just saw their listings for 15 Pro Max.

So they’ve stopped doing full grain leather as well.

Members on here have ordered YMW leather cases from Ali X less than half the price. In my opinion they looked pretty good.

Where did you see that the new cases are top grain?

Tills13

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2023
Update on my end. The Otterbox Defender XT is going back. The moment I attached a lanyard and held my phone with it, the rim came lose. So my second best choice for now is the Nomad Rugged.
Not attached right? Haven’t it in the box wondering if it’s worth returning or not

fadeout

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2023
Caudabe Sheath and Synthesis users.

Can’t find any information. Which is the thinner of the 2? Which one feels thinner in the hand?
I have both and I find the sheath feels thinner just because it doesn’t have the grips on the sides otherwise they’re very close.

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
I had an order placed on 9/29 and now all of a sudden its showing cancelled in the Shop app. If I go to my account on the Andar site that order still shows paid - unfulfilled. Who knows what the hell is going on with them. If it is in fact cancelled, it would have been nice to know about!
And now got this; "
Hi David,

Here is your tracking number:

It says it is scheduled to be delivered on Monday Nov. 13th.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

-Ashley

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
And now got this; "
Hi David,

Here is your tracking number:

It says it is scheduled to be delivered on Monday Nov. 13th.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

-Ashley
At least you got tracking: I have been in touch with Andar multiple times and still nothing on my order. I told them I’d like to cancel at this point and they just skipped right over that lol. Not a great sign for getting my business moving forward. Can’t say I’d recommend in this exact moment either.

Edit: after writing this I checked my Shop App for kicks, and it said it was sent out 3 days ago… but I never got any notification or email of any kind so I had no idea it was even on its way.

• Sad
Reactions: AVBeatMan

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
I’m enjoying the PR Gen5, and I appreciate all the little details, but man it has way too many nooks and crannies to capture every crumb, piece of lint, and speck of dust. Combined with the back, which is a major fingerprint magnet, this thing quickly starts looking rough between wipe downs. I need a case for this case. 😂

IMG_4014.jpeg

Last edited:

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
I have both and I find the sheath feels thinner just because it doesn’t have the grips on the sides otherwise they’re very close.
The grips on the sides makes the Synthesis feel thicker, interesting.

How would you judge drop protection between the 2?

off2marz

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2023
The grips on the sides makes the Synthesis feel thicker, interesting.

How would you judge drop protection between the 2?
Both say 6.6 ft drop tested on the packaging. According to Caudabe website, the Synthesis is their most protective. “Superb drop protection” vs “Rugged protection”
Edited to add photo

Attachments

• IMG_8616.jpeg
    IMG_8616.jpeg
    476.2 KB · Views: 63

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Both say 6.6 ft drop tested on the packaging. According to Caudabe website, the Synthesis is their most protective. “Superb drop protection” vs “Rugged protection”
Edited to add photo
The Synthesis seems stiffer torsionally, so perhaps it has a slight advantage in certain drops. Neither fall into the “protective” category in my opinion.

Reactions: rmadsen3

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
Out with the "SlipperySuit" in with the Speck and MagSafe PopSocket :oops:

Need to get my other black camera protector frame deal back on. Ruined one when I had to remove it for the SlipperySuit. Prying that protector off it flew arcoss the room and landed sticky side down on a dirty floor and now has crap stuck in the adhesive :(

sp01.jpg
sp02.jpg
sp03.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.