Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

pk0

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2009
Anyone running any of the Torras cases? They look to be good quality for the price.
I have the Guardian in Black Titanium. It’s just sitting on a shelf. It’s a fingerprint magnet and im just not a fan of how it feels in the hand.

aldo82

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2011
Anyone running any of the Torras cases? They look to be good quality for the price.
I tried their slim case. Was the slippiest material I’ve seen used in a phone case. Was on my phone for about a minute before being put back in the box and returned. I’m not convinced by all the positive reviews for Torras on Amazon. Although I must say I use their screen protector and it’s great

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
This one is a perfect case except for that soft touch finish which is a fingerprint/smudge/grease magnet.

ob01.jpg

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
I tried their slim case. Was the slippiest material I’ve seen used in a phone case. Was on my phone for about a minute before being put back in the box and returned. I’m not convinced by all the positive reviews for Torras on Amazon. Although I must say I use their screen protector and it’s great
Yea my brother got their screen protector. He said the install was extremely ez with the kit it comes with.

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Loving Caudabe Synthesis. Sort of gives me that Magpul field case vibe that I rocked from the beginning until they stopped making it.

Anyone rocking the Egotactical Rugged Shield? Looks similar to the good ole Magpul.

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Aug 4, 2010
Got a reply from dbrand. They’ll refund on return, which is obviously fair. But I’ve got to pay for return shipping.

Anyone know a cheap, but tracked service to return the case from the UK to the US.

Bit annoyed that I’ll be out of pocket for receiving a faulty product. But hey ho.

Anyone recommend a grippy, thin clear case?

Reactions: timeconsumer

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
On a side note: I love how he gives all the credit to “the Rebel glass” I’m pretty sure 90% at least of any other brand glass screen protector is doing the same job.

Hey, no sweat. 😊

Agreed. Rebel glass screen protectors seem fine, but nothing special from what I can tell. 🙄

I’ve always been anti-screen protector but I still have theirs on my phone from when I bought and returned their frosted Rebel early this year. Literally every other glass protector I’ve tried has been cracked within a couple of weeks at the most.

Take from it what you will but I’d recommend it to anyone looking.

Reactions: Joe123Joe

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I’ve always been anti-screen protector but I still have theirs on my phone from when I bought and returned their frosted Rebel early this year. Literally every other glass protector I’ve tried has been cracked within a couple of weeks at the most.

Take from it what you will but I’d recommend it to anyone looking.

I’ve so far ended up with 2 cases, Caudabe’s Celestial Blue Synthesis and Lucid Clear (which I am on the fence to return) and my bumper with a popsocket. This year because of the titanium, I’ve been on the hunt for bumpers and finally found one that matches the blue titanium and feels like it’s a part of the phone.

Reactions: Zensō

SweetLou122

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2011
What’s the Ghost situation? Anybody have one and like it?
Seems mixed, but like anything I think the people with negative experiences are far more vocal about it. Dbrand seems to be handling it pretty well, sounds like replacing or refunding if damaged on arrival. Plenty of Reddit posts cropping up with no issues.

I went ahead with ordering both a ghost and a grip case knowing full well the ghost could be hit or miss. Trust they would make it right if subpar.

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
What’s the Ghost situation? Anybody have one and like it?
I received mine last Friday (preordered 9/27). Flawless out of the box - no scuffs or scratches. Additionally, there’s no play at the bottom lip, clicky/tactile buttons, strong MagSafe magnet, great grip, thin and amazing form factor. The Ghost lives up to the hype. This case is a looker too.

Danorak81

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2013
UK
How are people with the FW cases getting on with them? I was in an Apple Store today, and have to say, I was pleasantly surprised. Not sure about Mag Wallets, but the case I could deal with: to the point I’d even consider getting one. The ones on display, although scuffed etc, didn’t look too bad. And from my handling and use, I have to say I feel confident that I could keep looking decent for a reasonable amount of time-especially as I have a few cases for rotation.

I also checked out the silicone cases for comparison to my AE cases. Colours are spot on: the only noticeable difference was the microfibre lining shape around the button cut outs on the inside (Apples are a little tighter), and obv. the full screen animation (which I have to say, is nice). Well worth the £11 each.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.