Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Mr Knight

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2021
I’m currently using a non-MagSafe silicone case and don’t miss it. I have plenty of lightning cables/docks squirreled away and have never found a vehicle mount that I really like so it’s been an easy transition.
I rate the ESR car mount highly, but only as I use my phone as a satnav (yay for old school cars).

That being said if you’re not too bothered about MagSafe then it opens up a plethora of options for you.

Arcontia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2017
Might have to grab this one and hold it on reserve for next summer...this will look great on the natty titanium
Yup - but I would also wait and see, which colours will they release at the Spring event early next year - usually some very nice new silicone case colours get released then. And also hopefully we see a few new colours for the FineWoven cases too

Reactions: Cotypubby

ISignedUpToAskThis

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2022
For those that have tried both...is there a noticeable difference in weight between the Caudabe Synthesis and Apple's silicone cases?

Long time Caudabe fan, thought I'd try the Synthesis for a change but it definitely adds considerable weight to the 15 Pro, thinking of switching to just a silicone case.

aldo82

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2011
For those that have tried both...is there a noticeable difference in weight between the Caudabe Synthesis and Apple's silicone cases?

Long time Caudabe fan, thought I'd try the Synthesis for a change but it definitely adds considerable weight to the 15 Pro, thinking of switching to just a silicone case.
Haven’t used the synthesis but have used the sheath and I found the apple silicone much nicer in the hand for the lower weight and thinness. The sheath was a much more bulky case than I expected

Reactions: Jimmyone

swerve147

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2013

Apple silicone is 33g. Caudabe Synthesis is 45g (thanks @TechnicallyTee !)

Apple Silicone feels a lot lighter to me.

Surfsalot

Suspended
Mar 18, 2023
I’m currently using a non-MagSafe silicone case and don’t miss it. I have plenty of lightning cables/docks squirreled away and have never found a vehicle mount that I really like so it’s been an easy transition.
CliCon is the go.

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Those are weights for cases for the Pro Max. What are weights of the cases for the Pro?
IMG_1031.jpeg

That’s the weight of the Synthesis for iPhone 15 Pro.

dmccombs

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2013
Anyone worried how TIGHT that Synthesis case is?
Feel like my phone is going to bend getting that damn case off :confused:
I recently got a Synthesis for the 15 Max, and I agree. It feels like I am going to bend the phone getting the case off. Does this loosen up over time, or does anyone have tips how to get this case off safely?

Reactions: Mr.C

Jaggrey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2015
Pembroke Pines, FL
What’s the Ghost situation? Anybody have one and like it?
Can’t believe I’m still waiting for mine. They shipped it over a week ago and it sat somewhere for 3 days with their shipping partner. I ordered glasses from Zenni and even those got here faster.

I’m trying to remain open-minded with all of the complaining but a part of me just wants to try something else at this point.

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
I recently got a Synthesis for the 15 Max, and I agree. It feels like I am going to bend the phone getting the case off. Does this loosen up over time, or does anyone have tips how to get this case off safely?
Yea, it is one tough mother to get off the phone. The Speck Presidio 2 Grip is even worst :confused:
Have no idea if the Synthesis loosens up or not as I've only removed it a couple of times.

Reactions: macher and Zensō

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Yea, it is one tough mother to get off the phone. The Speck Presidio 2 Grip is even worst :confused:
Have no idea if the Synthesis loosens up or not as I've only removed it a couple of times.
My PR Gen5 is pretty difficult to remove. How would you say it compares to the Speck and Synthesis in this regard?

Reactions: Hooterville

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
My PR Gen5 is pretty difficult to remove. How would you say it compares to the Speck and Synthesis in this regard?

The Speck Presidio 2 Grip is the hardest case to remove I have ever seen. The Synthesis is hard to remove but nothing like the Speck.
The Gen 5 Rebel is the easiest of these three to remove.

Reactions: AE14 and Zensō

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
FOR SALE:

Brand New never used Rhinoshield SolidSuit MagSafe Case in Neon Orange for iPhone 15 Pro Max.

This case is $45.00 plus shipping from RhinoShield.

$30.00 Shipped with tracking.
Payment via PayPal only.

Rhinoshield sent me this case for free and I don't need 2 Neon Orange ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zensō

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
The Caudabe Lucid Clear is also very hard to get off not to mention very slippery. I’m going to see if I can send it back. 🤔

Reactions: Zensō and dmccombs

vine-boating

macrumors 68020
Aug 10, 2017
For those of you who have the Nomad Rugged case, do you have issues with the Action button being pressed even when you haven't touched the button? I have seen that many people have complained about this issue online.

Is there anyway to fix the problem or make it less troublesome?

Reactions: Zensō

vine-boating

macrumors 68020
Aug 10, 2017
FOR SALE:

Brand New never used Rhinoshield SolidSuit MagSafe Case in Neon Orange for iPhone 15 Pro Max.

This case is $45.00 plus shipping from RhinoShield.

$30.00 Shipped with tracking.
Payment via PayPal only.

Rhinoshield sent me this case for free and I don't need 2 Neon Orange ones.
I remember you saying that you had an issue with your Nomad Rugged case action button...I have the case and I am having the same issue. Have you found anyway to fix it/work around it?
It's a shame as I really like the case otherwise. Debating if I should send it back...

Jaggrey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2015
Pembroke Pines, FL
Arrived with pretty prominent scratches, used it for a total of 3 days and it looks a year old. Love the case design so I keep going back to it, but it’s a $10 case for $50 USD.
See stuff like this makes me not even wanting to bother with the thing. Maybe I’ll just tell them to cancel and I’ll ship it back once it gets here.

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
I remember you saying that you had an issue with your Nomad Rugged case action button...I have the case and I am having the same issue. Have you found anyway to fix it/work around it?
It's a shame as I really like the case otherwise. Debating if I should send it back...
Yes, it happens a lot on my case.
I also have problems with the MagSafe not working half the time.

I emailed Nomad about this and never heard back from them. Their customer service SUCKS bad lately.

Think I'll try contacting them again.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.