Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

ISignedUpToAskThis

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2022
Anyone still not satisfied with their case choices?

Caudabe Synthesis I'm enjoying less and less each day. The weight is a problem, but also the textured side grips (which the Sheath doesn't have) are becoming irritating on my thumb/pinkie finger. Feels almost like sandpaper every time I hold the phone.

Probably going to switch to Apple Silicone because of the lower weight but also softer material. Was considering the dbrand Ghost but all of complaints about scratches and poor build quality have completely put me off.

Tills13

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2023

Caudabe Synthesis I'm enjoying less and less each day. The weight is a problem, but also the textured side grips (which the Sheath doesn't have) are becoming irritating on my thumb/pinkie finger. Feels almost like sandpaper every time I hold the phone.

Probably going to switch to Apple Silicone because of the lower weight but also softer material. Was considering the dbrand Ghost but all of complaints about scratches and poor build quality have completely put me off.
Have hard the Mous for about 2 weeks now and so far it’s great

vine-boating

macrumors 68020
Aug 10, 2017
Yes, it happens a lot on my case.
I also have problems with the MagSafe not working half the time.

I emailed Nomad about this and never heard back from them. Their customer service SUCKS bad lately.

Think I'll try contacting them again.
Same, I have emailed them
If you just press the case on the side, near the action button, the button gets activated. Clearly a design flaw!
Have you stopped using the case now?
It's a shame because I think it's a nice case.

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
Same, I have emailed them
If you just press the case on the side, near the action button, the button gets activated. Clearly a design flaw!
Have you stopped using the case now?
It's a shame because I think it's a nice case.

Yes, I love the case but have moved on to other cases at the moment.

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Yea, it is one tough mother to get off the phone. The Speck Presidio 2 Grip is even worst :confused:
Have no idea if the Synthesis loosens up or not as I've only removed it a couple of times.
It’s so tough getting off, when I take it off to wipe down my iPhone I make sure I take it off on a cushion.

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012

I’m the opposite with the Synthesis. I absolutely love the matrix grips. They don’t bother me but provide a great amount of grip.

How the matrix grips irritating your pinky? There’s no matrix grips in the pinky shelf.

dmccombs

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2013
It’s so tough getting off, when I take it off to wipe down my iPhone I make sure I take it off on a cushion.
Exactly. The synthesis is so hard to take off the phone. I do exactly like you do. I do it over a bad or cushion, then wipe down the phone since I have to manhandle the screen and camera area. I like the mid-level protection, but I hate having to swap cases since this is so tight. And the 45gr adds a noticable amount of weight to the Max.

I do have a lighter weight case, but again, the swapping is a pain. I may return the synthesis if it doesn't loosen up a little.

Reactions: macher

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Exactly. The synthesis is so hard to take off the phone. I do exactly like you do. I do it over a bad or cushion, then wipe down the phone since I have to manhandle the screen and camera area. I like the mid-level protection, but I hate having to swap cases since this is so tight. And the 45gr adds a noticable amount of weight to the Max.

I do have a lighter weight case, but again, the swapping is a pain. I may return the synthesis if it doesn't loosen up a little.
Yea if you like to swap cases often I don’t blame you.

You consider the Synthesis mid level protection ?

dmccombs

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2013
Yea if you like to swap cases often I don’t blame you.

You consider the Synthesis mid level protection ?
I am no expert, but yes, I consider the Synthesis mid-level protection. There are bigger beefier cases that I'd use if I had kids or worked construction, and cases that are lighter that protect from scrapes and light knocks. I think the Synthesis falls in between these cases since it has 6 ft drop protection. YMMV...

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Trying to help a friend find a case. He’s a public works laborer. He mostly drives the trash and recycling trucks but sometimes on the back. He also does a lot of road repair work, tree work etc. He did mention that he doesn’t like those cases with built in screen protectors. I guess a rugged medium duty case. Let’s hear some suggestions. Thanks!

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
For those of you who have the Nomad Rugged case, do you have issues with the Action button being pressed even when you haven't touched the button? I have seen that many people have complained about this issue online.

Is there anyway to fix the problem or make it less troublesome?
If I press very hard on the case directly next to the button I can make it happen, but never under normal use. This is on a 15PM.

Reactions: macher

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
If I press very hard on the case directly next to the button I can make it happen, but never under normal use. This is on a 15PM.

You have any plans of installing another camera frame protector again?

I'm sitting here looking at my second one and trying to decide if I should install it or not :confused:

Reactions: macher and Zensō

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Trying to help a friend find a case. He’s a public works laborer. He mostly drives the trash and recycling trucks but sometimes on the back. He also does a lot of road repair work, tree work etc. He did mention that he doesn’t like those cases with built in screen protectors. I guess a rugged medium duty case. Let’s hear some suggestions. Thanks!
OB Defender XT
Nomad Rugged

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
You have any plans of installing another camera frame protector again?

I'm sitting here looking at my second one and trying to decide if I should install it or not :confused:
Not sure. Most likely I will only use it with the Nomad Rugged. That case is out of the rotation at the moment, so not right away. If I do settle on the Rugged long term I’ll install it then.

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010

I've been using the Apple Silicone case today after watching Tee's YouTube video on it. The problem I have with it is that it does produce some finger smudges. I don't like the feel of it in the hand either. Probably go back to Caudabe later.

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
I've been using the Apple Silicone case today after watching Tee's YouTube video on it. The problem I have with it is that it does produce some finger smudges. I don't like the feel of it in the hand either. Probably go back to Caudabe later.
I’ve heard it’s the same dimensions as the Synthesis but lighter?

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
Daddy's Home :rolleyes: Back in the good ole Symmetry today and it feels so good ;)

The MagSafe PopSocket thing is growing on me and works fantastic with the Symmetry case.

sp01.jpg
sp02.jpg
sp03.jpg
sp04.jpg
sp05.jpg
sp06.jpg
sp07.jpg

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015

I keep going back to the walnut Mous Limitless after trying a bunch of cases from the usual suspects. I may just sell/return most of the leftovers and buy another Mous in black leather and call it done for this year - I’m starting to get case fatigue. 😵‍💫

Last edited:

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
I keep going back to the mahogany Mous Limitless after trying a bunch of cases from the usual suspects. I may just sell/return most of the leftovers and buy another Mous in black leather and call it done for this year - I’m starting to get case fatigue. 😵‍💫

I wouldn't mine a leather or bamboo Mous myself :oops:

Reactions: Zensō
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.