Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Trying to help a friend find a case. He’s a public works laborer. He mostly drives the trash and recycling trucks but sometimes on the back. He also does a lot of road repair work, tree work etc. He did mention that he doesn’t like those cases with built in screen protectors. I guess a rugged medium duty case. Let’s hear some suggestions. Thanks!
Def the OtterBox Defender Pro XT… in all black!! This case is nice looking and provides nice protection! I highly recommend… and the front frame is an absolute breeze to put on this year!

Reactions: Zensō

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
Def the OtterBox Defender Pro XT… in all black!! This case is nice looking and provides nice protection! I highly recommend… and the front frame is an absolute breeze to put on this year!
Does the back scratch easy on the black one this year?

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Does the back scratch easy on the black one this year?
Mine is still scratch free after a week or two. I feel like the pro size helps not scratch as much because the camera module takes up more space on the back, and less space to get scratched, if that makes sense. So to answer your question I have no scratches at all so far, and I haven’t babied it one bit.

Attachments

• IMG_1705.jpeg
    IMG_1705.jpeg
    436.3 KB · Views: 68

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
even though I am happy in my Defender XT, I saw Amazon had the Spigen Rugged Armor case available for same day delivery so I just got it to check it out. Wow they really improved the fit from last year. Last years version the sides were very soft and could be pushed out barely trying, this year they are MUCH firmer. Looks great with the black titanium… will try to remember to take some pictures when I get home later on.
Here are some pictures. Not the nice professional pics you guys provide, but it is what it is… lol 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• IMG_0973.jpeg
    IMG_0973.jpeg
    472.5 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0974.jpeg
    IMG_0974.jpeg
    403.3 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0975.jpeg
    IMG_0975.jpeg
    386.7 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0978.jpeg
    IMG_0978.jpeg
    361.7 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0977.jpeg
    IMG_0977.jpeg
    312.9 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0976.jpeg
    IMG_0976.jpeg
    302.5 KB · Views: 80

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Anyone still not satisfied with their case choices?

Caudabe Synthesis I'm enjoying less and less each day. The weight is a problem, but also the textured side grips (which the Sheath doesn't have) are becoming irritating on my thumb/pinkie finger. Feels almost like sandpaper every time I hold the phone.

Probably going to switch to Apple Silicone because of the lower weight but also softer material. Was considering the dbrand Ghost but all of complaints about scratches and poor build quality have completely put me off.

The weight is the only negative aspect of the Synthesis, which is a big negative, for me. This case is only used in certain situations now sadly. You really notice the weight of the phone when the case is off.

I have been running an Apple silicone case in Cypress and Clay for a few days, and the weight is so much better. It's going to be my daily cases for the time being.

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
Looks great. Your photos keep tempting me! This Speck is one I keep thinking I should try out. Would get it with the ClickLock wallet.
I tried the wallet at BestBuy and man that thing has a nice strong fit. I'm tempted to get one myself.

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
i had a speck case with the original iphone or maybe the second one and it was so difficult to remove that i never bought another one. does look nice though. obviously not the same case.

This one is the hardest to remove cases I've ever had and I've had a few :(
About 5 times as hard as the Synthesis to remove.

• Wow
Reactions: UKmadt and Zensō

off2marz

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2023
Last edited:

SR Steve

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2010
Those soft touch finishes look awesome for the first 5 minutes… lol. I guess the Caudabe Sheath is probably the most smudge-resistant?
The texture on this new version does seem to be more aggressive which I like for the secure grip it provides.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.