Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Jaggrey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2015
Pembroke Pines, FL
I already put in for a return. Tempted to try it but I told them I hadn’t used it. For $40 I’d rather spend it on the Gen 5 vs. this thing scratching up immediately after putting it on.

Attachments

• IMG_9263.jpeg
    IMG_9263.jpeg
    326.4 KB · Views: 56

Con1750

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2015
Pic of the inner lining of my FineWoven case. I didn't mind this case at first due to its weight & thinness which is typical of Apple's case offerings however the durability definitely leads something to be desired..
IMG_0260.jpeg

Last edited:

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Anyone got suggestions for a case that’s thin like the Apple Silicone? I like the thinness of the Apple silicone, but hate how much of a dust/lint magnet it is, and am growing tired of the thickness of the sheath and synthesis 🙄

Con1750

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2015
Anyone got suggestions for a case that’s thin like the Apple Silicone? I like the thinness of the Apple silicone, but hate how much of a dust/lint magnet it is, and am growing tired of the thickness of the sheath and synthesis 🙄
Couldn't agree more with this, old versions of the Caudate products were actually "minimalist" this years sheath is just far too heavy and cumbersome for me.

Reactions: Djones96

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Couldn't agree more with this, old versions of the Caudate products were actually "minimalist" this years sheath is just far too heavy and cumbersome for me.
Agreed. I was using the Synthesis for quite a while, and even though it is a great case, probably one of the best of the year so far, the weight of it was becoming apparent, and the sheath makes the phone feel pretty bulky.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
To be the ultimate "Dad Phone" I would have to order the belt clip from Otterbox o_O
Is it any "Cooler" without the PopSocket :rolleyes:

View attachment 2311836
The Popsocket combined with a belt clip would take it to an entirely new level of dad nerdiness. 🤓

Not that I don’t like the case, but “Otterbox Defender” and “Cool” don’t usually appear together in the same sentence. 😁

Surfsalot

Suspended
Mar 18, 2023
same as last year, my 15 max with FW case is same weight as my 14 pro with sheath

Surfsalot

Suspended
Mar 18, 2023
Pic of the inner lining of my FineWoven case. I didn't mind this case at first due to its weight & thinness which is typical of Apple's case offerings however the durability definitely leads something to be desired..
View attachment 2311838
It's not hard to get a refund or free one of these, I got refunded immediately and told to keep it when I rang to return it.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
nah nah, it’s the ultimate Working Man’s setup! Hey, I love mine, and I’m not even a dad! 💪
I’ve owned my share of Defenders over the years, and I definitely qualify as a nerdy dad. My kids are all grown up now, but once a nerd, always a nerd. 🤓

Reactions: Joe123Joe

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
What are your thoughts so far?

Notice how crazy different installing the front frame is this year compared to last? lol
Yea, seems way easier to install than last years. It's a good case with excellent grip and I've always like these XT Pro's.

Seems like they are making this case thinner each year.

Was tempted by the clear back one, smacked myself upside the head and got the black ;)

MM301

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2020
Agreed. I was using the Synthesis for quite a while, and even though it is a great case, probably one of the best of the year so far, the weight of it was becoming apparent, and the sheath makes the phone feel pretty bulky.
I’m considering the Benks ArmorAir. That might be a thin option for you.

Reactions: Djones96

fdw777

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2012
How are some of the Caudabe lovers not soiling their underoos with the Caudabe 35% off promotion they emailed ?
Been trying to get a refund from them after only a week of use, and the last email they offered an exchange for another item. All I want is a refund Caudabe. Terrible case IMHO.

• Wow
Reactions: ryansebiz

jkel777

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2014
Been trying to get a refund from them after only a week of use, and the last email they offered an exchange for another item. All I want is a refund Caudabe. Terrible case IMHO.
Yikes. Sorry for the terrible experience you're having. Doesn't sound like their customer service is that great this year. I'm loving the Synthesis so far but I'm becoming a bit wary after hearing about people's issues...

Reactions: macher and AE14

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
I recommend breaking in the silicone. You’re not going to find a better fitting case. I just put a new one on today and yeah, it collects a little lint but that goes away after some usage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.