Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
CarbonThat with Nat Tit Max. iPad photos :(

Nicest feeling case I have ever had, smaller than my FW and 11 grams lighter, grippy, not smudging.
Soft on the pinky
Really good magsfe.
Does show a slight magsafe ring embedded in the back at certain angles, no white mark though from charging.
Has a 1mm lip with GSP on.
Good buttons lol

View attachment 2311960

View attachment 2311961
View attachment 2311962
Looks nice. I just put my Pitaka Pro back on this evening. Looks similar, though much heavier of course.

IMG_1796.jpeg

vine-boating

macrumors 68020
Aug 10, 2017
I keep going back to the walnut Mous Limitless after trying a bunch of cases from the usual suspects. I may just sell/return most of the leftovers and buy another Mous in black leather and call it done for this year - I’m starting to get case fatigue. 😵‍💫
I thought you preferred the Nomad Rugged?

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
I thought you preferred the Nomad Rugged?
Ah, you know how it goes, this week’s starter is next week’s bench warmer. The Rugged is still in regular rotation along with the Mous and the Pitaka Pro. I have it pretty well narrowed down, but nothing is 100% set in stone yet.

One thing I have noticed is that the Rugged is starting to loosen up after taking it on and off a dozen times or so. It’s probably not a great choice for someone who changes cases often or frequently removes a case for cleaning.

Reactions: Hooterville

vine-boating

macrumors 68020
Aug 10, 2017
Ah, you know how it goes, this week’s starter is next week’s bench warmer. The Rugged is still in regular rotation along with the Mous and the Pitaka Pro. I have it pretty well narrowed down, but nothing is 100% set in stone yet.

One thing I have noticed is that the Rugged is starting to loosen up after taking it on and off a dozen times or so. It’s probably not a great choice for someone who changes cases often or frequently removes a case for cleaning.
Oh really
That is a shame
A case that expensive should not have those issues, disappointing tbh but I don't remove my case often so hopefully it will hold up.

With the Nomad how do you manage to keep dust/dirt entering the speaking grills as the cut outs are quite large? Do you use a toothbrush or something to get out the debris?

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Oh really
That is a shame
A case that expensive should not have those issues, disappointing tbh but I don't remove my case often so hopefully it will hold up.
It will probably be fine if you’re not regularly removing the case. I’ve had it happen to cases from various brands over the years.

SweetLou122

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2011
That looks great on the natural Titanium

Thanks! It's actually a little difficult to capture the color well. Looks more muted/drab in some lighting, but pretty bright in other lighting.

Mous doesn’t get great reviews on Amazon. I mean they get decent reviews.

How you liking the Mous?

Personally, I think it's a great case. I also have the speckled black fabric at the moment (one will go back, probably the speckled).

The tapered design with the pronounced lip at the top and bottom is the way to go in my opinion. The buttons on the green are excellent (the speckled black power button is very sensitive). I do prefer the more "rubberized" fabric on the speckled though and maybe by extension stronger magsafe adhesion.

Looks sweet. How did you get one? Did you pay 99$. That's crazy if so.

The blue and green have popped up sporadically on Amazon, so just kept my eye out. I have no idea why Amazon has had some but the Mous website was sold out for quite a while. It’s also cheaper on Amazon ($65 vs 100). Yes, still expensive but I was looking for a quality green case and this fit the bill.

do you know if the case texture on the sides is the same as the black cases? i’ve been looking on amazon for the blue case, but i have found the other black cases like the bamboo too slippery. wondering if the color version is the same material. thx if you know.

I wonder why the bamboo would have different sides than the aramid, leather, or fabric. The green feels pretty similar to the black fabric. Although the back texture is pretty different.

IMG_2650.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Zensō

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
The apple silicone case for the 15 pro weighs 27.5 grams and is much more compact in terms of length, width, and height. I’ve been measuring a lot of cases with a digital caliper and apple wins by far

This is why I have been using the Apple silicone cases for almost a week straight. As much as I love the Synthesis, it's noticeably heavier than Apple silicone.

Apple ditching leather this year has really screwed me up with hunting for a perfect lightweight case

Surfsalot

Suspended
Mar 18, 2023
Thanks! It's actually a little difficult to capture the color well. Looks more muted/drab in some lighting, but pretty bright in other lighting.

Personally, I think it's a great case. I also have the speckled black fabric at the moment (one will go back, probably the speckled).

The tapered design with the pronounced lip at the top and bottom is the way to go in my opinion. The buttons on the green are excellent (the speckled black power button is very sensitive). I do prefer the more "rubberized" fabric on the speckled though and maybe by extension stronger magsafe adhesion.

The blue and green have popped up sporadically on Amazon, so just kept my eye out. I have no idea why Amazon has had some but the Mous website was sold out for quite a while. It’s also cheaper on Amazon ($65 vs 100). Yes, still expensive but I was looking for a quality green case and this fit the bill.

I wonder why the bamboo would have different sides than the aramid, leather, or fabric. The green feels pretty similar to the black fabric. Although the back texture is pretty different.

View attachment 2311979
pro or max?

dmccombs

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2013
This is why I have been using the Apple silicone cases for almost a week straight. As much as I love the Synthesis, it's noticeably heavier than Apple silicone.

Apple ditching leather this year has really screwed me up with hunting for a perfect lightweight case
I am in the same boat with the Synthesis. I think I will be returning it.

I will be getting an Apple Silicone case for my White Pro Max. I just need to figure out which silicone case color. I know everyone likes the Clay this year, but I don't care for it, for me. I'm leaning either dark blue, light blue, or the light orange.

Last edited:
Reactions: thatappleguytoday

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Dude I have to backtrack on my statement about not being able to recommend Andar Aspen because of the wait time. God damn was this thing worth the wait. The leather feels way better to me than last year (last year I had jet black so maybe that makes a difference) but I’m shocked more people aren’t talking about this case, especially since Apple Leather is gone. These are honestly better. But maybe no one is talking about them because it’s hard to get them lol. Buttons SUPER CLICKY, fit is superb, and the comfort in hand is amazing. I’m considering making this my daily driver but it’s so damn good looking I don’t want to scuff it lol. Also they stepped their game up on packaging big time as well. Super nice presentation. Couple pics below.

Edit: after posting I looked at my pics and the pictures don’t even do it justice. You’ll have to see for yourself. And I’m not usually fond of anything that has a different color than black around the front of my screen.

Attachments

• IMG_0984.jpeg
    IMG_0984.jpeg
    537.3 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_0982.jpeg
    IMG_0982.jpeg
    369.8 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_0981.jpeg
    IMG_0981.jpeg
    362.4 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0980.jpeg
    IMG_0980.jpeg
    472.3 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022

View attachment 2311979
Not to nit pick, could be the photo, but this area looks a little rough and unpolished for that kind of coin.

Attachments

• IMG_1748.jpeg
    IMG_1748.jpeg
    593.7 KB · Views: 70

CaramelSky

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2022
I just got my first ever Caudabe Sheath and the volume and action buttons are super mushy. They make no noise at all when clicked. The power button is very clicky and makes a click sound. Is this the design or have I got a defective unit?

Danorak81

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2013
UK
Joining the PopSocket brigade, as my wallet came in - although the Neon Orange PopTop is on back order.

View attachment 2311927
I do love that orange. How does the case compare to an Apple silicone case in terms of bulk (if you’re able to make that comparison)? And what’s the lining like?

I really want to get hold of one, but for some reason, shipping to the UK is still a no-go for whatever reason, got this message from them yesterday:

IMG_5551.jpeg

Really annoying. The Decoded leather has been spot on, but becoming frustrated by this lack of shipping to the UK for that orange silicone.

aldo82

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2011
I just got my first ever Caudabe Sheath and the volume and action buttons are super mushy. They make no noise at all when clicked. The power button is very clicky and makes a click sound. Is this the design or have I got a defective unit?
The volume and action buttons on mine had a small amount of click but nowhere near the same as the power button and overall were poor. I think it’s a weakness of the case design as I have seen others complain about the buttons on here

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012

Does the Apple silicone provide the same protection as the Synthesis?

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Email their support. They'll send you a replacement

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
I have the Synthesis and the buttons aren’t mushy but you can’t hear the click which I’m ok with.

Last edited:
Reactions: AVBeatMan

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013

Which color silicone case are you using?

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I do love that orange. How does the case compare to an Apple silicone case in terms of bulk (if you’re able to make that comparison)? And what’s the lining like?

I really want to get hold of one, but for some reason, shipping to the UK is still a no-go for whatever reason, got this message from them yesterday:

View attachment 2312016

Really annoying. The Decoded leather has been spot on, but becoming frustrated by this lack of shipping to the UK for that orange silicone.
That’s strange. I just ordered it for delivery to the UK and my order went through. It’s now showing as out of stock for the 15 Pro Max but it let me order one. I even managed to get a 10% discount. I’m presuming this is the same one. 🤔

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.