Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Gridlink

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2023
All it has is Est. 2009 101 in very small font. Hardly an eyesore. Anyway it doesnā€™t bother me. There are probably cases with worse branding.
The writing around the camera ring is minimal and barely noticeable. I think the 'Decoded' lettering on the back is far far worse and sticks out way more to me. However, it'll be completely covered when I'm holding the phone so it's not that much of an issue. It would still be better if it was on the side instead of the back though.

I'd like to try their red silicone case if it's ever Prime shipped on Amazon.

Reactions: Mr.C

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
Do I need one of these?

evotech2.jpg

Danorak81

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2013
UK
Thatā€™s strange. I just ordered it for delivery to the UK and my order went through. Itā€™s now showing as out of stock for the 15 Pro Max but it let me order one. I even managed to get a 10% discount. Iā€™m presuming this is the same one. šŸ¤”

Maybe itā€™s a Pro Max issue? They cancelled the orange case when the black leather shipped. That is the one though, yes. I want to order from them as theyā€™ve given me a unique code for free shipping-I know it was available to ship to the UK on Amazon from the states, but it bumped the price enough for my wife to say no šŸ˜‚ Wish theyā€™d sort it out though, but if a pain to be honest.

Decoded branding on the camera ring is the biggest eye sore in case creation history
Iā€™d disagree with that. I was skeptical and it was the reason I started looking at some others, but you barely notice it.

Reactions: Mr.C

infinilo

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2022
Had the synthesis in my case rotation for a few weeks, and just couldnā€™t figure out why Iā€™m not loving it like last yearā€¦ cuadabe made this case so much blockier this year in comparison to the 14PM version.

Attachments

• IMG_0060.jpeg
    IMG_0060.jpeg
    292 KB · Views: 73

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Was in a Verizon store yesterday and saw the cool case, Tech 21 Evo Max case. It had my colors, black sides with bright orange buttons o_O Had a funky camera protector that slid over the cameras. Nice frosted back that did not attract finger prints. Was tempted but @ $59.99 I passed.

View attachment 2312161
I saw this on Amazon and was tempted as well, but I need to chill out at the moment. I still have like 10 months to try cases before the 16s come out, gotta leave some to try later on lol

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
All it has is Est. 2009 101 in very small font. Hardly an eyesore. Anyway it doesnā€™t bother me. There are probably cases with worse branding.
Like Casetify FOR SURE. I would have probably kept my Ultra Bounce if it wasnā€™t for that branding. Itā€™s too in your face for my taste.

Reactions: Zensō

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Anyone rock the Pelican cases?
Way back when, but not in recent years. I noticed in EAPā€™s IP14 drop test roundup the Pelican case blew apart on impact. Not that I regularly drop my phone 50 feet onto concrete, but stillā€¦

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
I agree on the quality. I had the original version with the cutout and just got the revised action button version. Excellent quality leather case. Only issue I am noticing is this newer one creaks at the bottom of the case (wiggle the lip where the USB-C cutout is - not I don't do that on purpose but it will re-create the creek I hear occasionally just using it). Hoping it will break in.

Do you notice the same thing?
No creaking here.

SweetLou122

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2011
Anyone rock the Pelican cases?
I tried the Pelican ranger clear MagSafe case for the 15 pm and it was a nice case, esp for 15-20$. Really tight fit and they claim 12 ft drop protection. Not sure if I buy that but itā€™s pretty robust around the corners.

Best thing about that case was the several mm camera lip.

Only drawback was no action button cover.

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
I tried the Pelican ranger clear MagSafe case for the 15 pm and it was a nice case, esp for 15-20$. Really tight fit and they claim 12 ft drop protection. Not sure if I buy that but itā€™s pretty robust around the corners.

Best thing about that case was the several mm camera lip.

Only drawback was no action button cover.

Why do most people donā€™t like having an open action button?

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
For me, it's just one more, unnecessary place for dust and cr@p to get into the case. And it also shows laziness on the part of case makers.
I tried a case with an action button cut out, forget which one. I kind of liked the cut out because the indentation.

Reactions: Zensō

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
For me, it's just one more, unnecessary place for dust and cr@p to get into the case. And it also shows laziness on the part of case makers.
Agreed. Even though I don't use the action button as much as others might, having a cutout on the case just looks lazy and trashy IMO. If Caudabe hadn't released a version of the Synthesis with a cover, it would have been an absolute no for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.