Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

SweetLou122

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2011
Wow that looks pretty sweet. I'd consider a Mous Limitless 5.0 if it had one less logo on it and wasn't so expensive.

I agree, it should be a $50 or slightly less case and would probably capture more of the market. The two logos is subjectively worse than the last design for sure.

pro or max?
Pro max

Not to nit pick, could be the photo, but this area looks a little rough and unpolished for that kind of coin.

Photo definitely accentuates that part. If you angle under different lighting you can tell but otherwise hard to notice. Seems to be where the fabric is pressed into the frame of the case (two slightly different shades of green). Also not in a frequently handled area but I agree thought, not perfect.

SweetLou122

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2011
I have an itch for a green case :rolleyes: maybe Mous or Apple Silicone.. hoping for holiday sales.. if anyone has Cypress apple silicone on Nat Ti I’d love to see a pic

Someone posted NT with cypress way back in the thread (maybe somewhere in the page 100-150?). The cypress may be my favorite green so far, but I had the storm blue silicone and did not like the texture or sharp bottom cutouts.

Reactions: off2marz

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
I have an itch for a green case :rolleyes: maybe Mous or Apple Silicone.. hoping for holiday sales.. if anyone has Cypress apple silicone on Nat Ti I’d love to see a pic
Check out Amazon like new for Apple silicone for about $40 and some change.

off2marz

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2023
Someone posted NT with cypress way back in the thread (maybe somewhere in the page 100-150?). The cypress may be my favorite green so far, but I had the storm blue silicone and did not like the texture or sharp bottom cutouts.
Found it! Page 133. Just learned I can restrict the search to just this forum :) Thanks for bearing with the newbie ;)

Reactions: SweetLou122

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Not bad, but I’d like to get a brand new one from Apple so that it would be eligible for replacement just in case
Would still be eligible for replacement from Apple since Amazon is an authorized seller. Just like buying from Best Buy.

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Aug 4, 2010
Used one of the earlier links to the aliexpress fine woven cases. Great quality. For £11 I’m really impressed.

My replacement synthesis arrived too. It’ll be going on eBay though as I’m just over it now. My original order was 16th of September for a blue synthesis. So it’s taken two months to actually receive my order. I won’t be in any hurry to order from caudabe again.

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
Was in a Verizon store yesterday and saw the cool case, Tech 21 Evo Max case. It had my colors, black sides with bright orange buttons o_O Had a funky camera protector that slid over the cameras. Nice frosted back that did not attract finger prints. Was tempted but @ $59.99 I passed.

EvoMax1.jpg

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Phone cases have become very boring to me as of late..
My iPhone was living in the Synthesis for the longest time, but the weight started to become apparent, since the Apple silicone is easy to get on and off, unlike the Synthesis, I swap between using the phone naked (The phone, not me) and using the silicone when I'm more likely to need drop/scratch protection.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Was in a Verizon store yesterday and saw the cool case, Tech 21 Evo Max case. It had my colors, black sides with bright orange buttons o_O Had a funky camera protector that slid over the cameras. Nice frosted back that did not attract finger prints. Was tempted but @ $59.99 I passed.

View attachment 2312161
That looks like a very interesting case. I will not buy another case, I will not buy another case, I will not…

Last edited:

kadinh

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
I took the Phone Rebel gen 5 and Spigen Aramid Enzo with me on my vacation from USA to Mexico. I had the Pitaka Pro case, but felt it was way too bulky and I didn’t like how the edges felt sharp.

At first I didn’t really like the PR, but it’s been the case I have used most of the time here. Enzo is definitely a nicer looking case, but IMO makes the phone feel heavier than the PR case. I probably will return one case when I get back, but who knows.

I have also ordered the Apple silicon and Synthesis cases that await me when I return home. I had the Sheath for my 13PM but returned it because it didn’t give me the texture I wanted when holding the phone with my 4 fingers on the back of the phone.

Also, anyone looking for leather case recommendations, I HIGHLY recommend the Bullstrap case. I used it the most on my 13PM and I decided to use the warranty after 2 years of using the case so I could have a new case to sell my phone with. They asked for pics of the old case and sent a new one right away. Can’t beat that CS; I will be ordering another one for my 15PM asap.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
That’s strange. I just ordered it for delivery to the UK and my order went through. It’s now showing as out of stock for the 15 Pro Max but it let me order one. I even managed to get a 10% discount. I’m presuming this is the same one. 🤔

Decoded branding on the camera ring is the biggest eye sore in case creation history

jack_1992

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2020
My Caudabe Synthesis arrived today. Only 5 days delivery to UK which was pretty good.

Had Sheath before but this one seems to be popular so thought I’d try. The case seems great except for the buttons. They don’t seem to press very well at all.
Something definitely is off this year with Caudabe. The service, the product. It’s just not hitting it this year for me and I’m disappointed as I absolutely have loved them before this year!

SweetLou122

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2011
Right up there with Castify.
I like some of their designs but the camera ring and lack of action button are a no go for me.

Phone rebel frosted is maybe the last I would try but not a huge fan of their branding either. Will pick one up if the ghost is a scrap.

Reactions: Zensō

mfrank29

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2017
Dude I have to backtrack on my statement about not being able to recommend Andar Aspen because of the wait time. God damn was this thing worth the wait. The leather feels way better to me than last year (last year I had jet black so maybe that makes a difference) but I’m shocked more people aren’t talking about this case, especially since Apple Leather is gone. These are honestly better. But maybe no one is talking about them because it’s hard to get them lol. Buttons SUPER CLICKY, fit is superb, and the comfort in hand is amazing. I’m considering making this my daily driver but it’s so damn good looking I don’t want to scuff it lol. Also they stepped their game up on packaging big time as well. Super nice presentation. Couple pics below.

Edit: after posting I looked at my pics and the pictures don’t even do it justice. You’ll have to see for yourself. And I’m not usually fond of anything that has a different color than black around the front of my screen.
I agree on the quality. I had the original version with the cutout and just got the revised action button version. Excellent quality leather case. Only issue I am noticing is this newer one creaks at the bottom of the case (wiggle the lip where the USB-C cutout is - not I don't do that on purpose but it will re-create the creek I hear occasionally just using it). Hoping it will break in.

Do you notice the same thing?

Reactions: Joe123Joe
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.