Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

off2marz

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2023
I recommend breaking in the silicone. You’re not going to find a better fitting case. I just put a new one on today and yeah, it collects a little lint but that goes away after some usage.
How do you find the grip on Apple silicone? I had gotten an Elago silicone as a cheaper alternative & while I like the way it looks and feels, it’s quite slippery. I thought it might just be the nature of silicone. What do you think?

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Yikes. Sorry for the terrible experience you're having. Doesn't sound like their customer service is that great this year. I'm loving the Synthesis so far but I'm becoming a bit wary after hearing about people's issues...
The Synthesis is my absolute favorite case. Hope mine will be ok.

Reactions: jkel777

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
How do you find the grip on Apple silicone? I had gotten an Elago silicone as a cheaper alternative & while I like the way it looks and feels, it’s quite slippery. I thought it might just be the nature of silicone. What do you think?
I’ve never found the silicone slippery. My leather cases love to slip out of my pockets when I get into my truck but the silicone stays put. Feels pretty secure in the hand too.

Reactions: off2marz

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
I recommend breaking in the silicone. You’re not going to find a better fitting case. I just put a new one on today and yeah, it collects a little lint but that goes away after some usage.
I have work pants that has a cell phone pocket. I have the Synthesis and like how it slides out of the pocket easily. Will the Apple silicone ease up with friction?

SweetLou122

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2011
Forest Green Mous Limitless 5.0 on NT.

IMG_2648.jpeg
IMG_2647.jpeg

Last edited:

AnthroMatt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2011
Redlands, CA
Yikes. Sorry for the terrible experience you're having. Doesn't sound like their customer service is that great this year. I'm loving the Synthesis so far but I'm becoming a bit wary after hearing about people's issues...
They always offer another product first, even when you make it clear you want to return, but once you respond again that you just want to return it, they send QR code for it pretty quickly.

Reactions: Mr.C and jkel777

Zedicus16

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2023
United States
Thanks. I’ve only taken the case off 2 or 3 times. Didn’t even realize it was gone until I tried to use a magnetic grip and noticed the bottom half wasn’t catching where that magnet is supposed to be.
That's not good at all. I've had my synthesis case on and off over 35 times and haven't had any movement. Keeping my fingers crossed, but so far I really like this case.

dmccombs

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2013
How does this hold up to sweat and bouncing around in a pocket. I cycle so my phone sits in a sweaty back jersey pocket for a few hours at a time.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
I have work pants that has a cell phone pocket. I have the Synthesis and like how it slides out of the pocket easily. Will the Apple silicone ease up with friction?

In my experience the grip doesn’t really subside, it just wears down to a more shiny grippiness.

How does this hold up to sweat and bouncing around in a pocket. I cycle so my phone sits in a sweaty back jersey pocket for a few hours at a time.

Can’t say as I’ve never had it in that situation. I would imagine it holds up to moisture just fine though.

Reactions: dmccombs

TotalMacMove

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2013
USA
Apple silicone is 33g. Caudabe Synthesis is 45g (thanks @TechnicallyTee !)

Apple Silicone feels a lot lighter to me.

Those are weights for cases for the Pro Max. What are weights of the cases for the Pro?

Looks like the synthesis maybe slightly thinner? The one on the left.
b18e03afbeb1ff7f4980e141992e007d.png

The apple silicone case for the 15 pro weighs 27.5 grams and is much more compact in terms of length, width, and height. I’ve been measuring a lot of cases with a digital caliper and apple wins by far

ryansebiz

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2008
Anyone got suggestions for a case that’s thin like the Apple Silicone? I like the thinness of the Apple silicone, but hate how much of a dust/lint magnet it is, and am growing tired of the thickness of the sheath and synthesis 🙄

Reactions: Djones96

Surfsalot

Suspended
Mar 18, 2023
CarbonThat with Nat Tit Max. iPad photos :(

Nicest feeling case I have ever had, smaller than my FW and 11 grams lighter, grippy, not smudging.
Soft on the pinky
Really good magsfe.
Does show a slight magsafe ring embedded in the back at certain angles, no white mark though from charging.
Has a 1mm lip with GSP on.
Good buttons lol

IMG_0112.jpeg

IMG_0114.jpeg

IMG_0115.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.