Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Surfsalot

Suspended
Mar 18, 2023
Anyone else extremely bored with phone cases right now, or is it just me? I swap between the Sheath and Synthesis, but all of the other cases I bought just sit inside a drawer collecting dust.
Going to give this a try, had one years ago can't remember which phone though, won't have to worry about good buttons lol. 19 grams. v FW I have 30 grams. Should look good with some nat tit showing.
Their chat service is good instant responses.

Reactions: Mr.C

Surfsalot

Suspended
Mar 18, 2023
Black FW Nat tit.

IMG_0533.jpeg

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
Phone Rebel Gen5 arrived today. Nice case. Rigid, tight, grippy, and surprisingly thin for what it is. It feels a little top heavy and the fingerprints are going to be a pain.

View attachment 2309996
They really got the grip right on this one. Even though it’s wider than the FW case it feels way easier to hold. That’s the one downside I found on this case, the side coverage nearly doubled in thickness it seems like. Still my go to tho. I keep it in my car just in case I feel the need to switch cases halfway through the workday lol

Reactions: Zensō

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
They really got the grip right on this one. Even though it’s wider than the FW case it feels way easier to hold. That’s the one downside I found on this case, the side coverage nearly doubled in thickness it seems like. Still my go to tho. I keep it in my car just in case I feel the need to switch cases halfway through the workday lol
For sure about the grip. I was surprised at how rigid it is, even more so than the Mous. Seems like it should be quite protective.

off2marz

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2023
Going to give this a try, had one years ago can't remember which phone though, won't have to worry about good buttons lol. 19 grams. v FW I have 30 grams. Should look good with some nat tit showing.
Their chat service is good instant responses.

Nice, looks similar to Benks Armor Air which I’ve been eyeing. I’d be interested in reading ur thoughts on it & seeing pics on NatTi when u get it

Reactions: Surfsalot

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
Anyone that's had the Nomad Sport a little while - how's the gloss back holding up? Fancy trying it but convinced it will scratch/mark easily.

Are the bottom cutouts comfy if you rest your pinkie there too?
It really depends on how rough you are with your device. I’m not rough with mine so in the time I had it I didn’t notice scratches but someone else who is more carefree with it may scratch it up faster.

The cutouts didn’t bother me or cause fatigue when using it.

AnJarBo

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2014
Finally got around to using the laser on the synthesis. It burns black instead of white like the sheath does. I dig it. I hate boring backs on cases but that’s just me. Used an old Apple leather case for testing the alignment then taped off and did the rest of the measurement based on that 😂
Ok now I need this in my life.

Reactions: macher and Djones96

kvlq

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2015

JetBlack7

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2011
Portugal
How loose are the sides and bottom when it's on? I bought it but sent it back before I had the phone, it just seemed waaay to flimsy. I could roll it into a ball.
The sides around the buttons are flimsy, but the rest I feel it's a solid case. It's sturdy but still a little flexible. The fitme t is top notch.

Reactions: Zedicus16

off2marz

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2023
Reactions: Hooterville

Surfsalot

Suspended
Mar 18, 2023
2 issues with the FW, sides are slippery doesn't seem to be getting better only 3 days though, similar to the mous minus the pattern, can't see it changing.
Doesn't really pass the pinky test 100%, speaker cutouts a bit sharp.
Did try to sell it while waiting for my max couldn't even get any interest in less than half retail.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.