Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
I just tried it was a bit tight to get on and taking off as well..I found it easier by pushing from the top camera hole and gently getting top out first before the rest of the case came off … it’s definitely snug haha
Is the purpose of the camera bump area you think a design choice or does it have a function?

kvlq

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2015
It's a perfect combo. Do not worry about grip, it's top shelf.

GHTXtil.jpg
is this the gray one?

jkel777

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2014
Is the purpose of the camera bump area you think a design choice or does it have a function?
Yeah as others have said, design choice. I prefer the horizontal line on the Sheath but this doesn't look half bad IMO. Last year's Synthesis had a full-on bulge lol, that I did NOT like. This one is much cleaner and adds a unique design element.

I can echo what everyone else is saying: the Synthesis is the clear choice for a really great, slim-fitting-yet-protective case. The fit is perfect. It makes the phone feel more "solid", if that makes sense. And it's definitely harder to get off than other cases, but I actually prefer a case that's a tighter fit. I removed it yesterday and it really wasn't that bad.

Reactions: AVBeatMan

Gridlink

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2023
I must be the odd one out in that I really did not like the feel of the Synthesis at all compared to the Sheath. I personally found the sides too grippy (and extremely rough) and just felt terrible in my hands. The super sharp edges on the sides dug into my hands, but that was likely a manufacturing defect the CS told me to file off. I chose instead to just return it.

For me, the Sheath is damn near perfect. Each to their own though. I'd be willing to try the Synthesis again at some point, but I already have too many cases already. I do have an extra grey button 15P case I don't need if anyone would ever like to trade because Caudabe sent me two button cover versions instead of one open and one covered.

SR Steve

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2010
I received the Gray Caudabe Sheath for my iPhone 15 Pro Max today November 4th after placing my order on October 30th, so a 5 day turnaround. I was concerned about the circular indentations visible from the internal magnet (on some posted earlier) but there's no evidence from any angle on my version... quality is flawless as I expect from Caudabe.
1699305366318.png

Here is the 15 PM case (bottom one) compared to the 12 PM Sheath. I prefer the lighter shade and also the slightly grippier texture on the newer case, although the surface does wear a bit over time so the 12 has smoothed out since new due to 3 years worth of daily use.

InsulinJunkie72

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2022
WI, USA
I just tried it was a bit tight to get on and taking off as well..I found it easier by pushing from the top camera hole and gently getting top out first before the rest of the case came off … it’s definitely snug haha
Yeah, I just got my gray Synthesis for the 15PM earlier today, and also usually use the camera bump to remove cases. This guy's not impossible to remove, but it does take some doing (and makes me a little concerned when removing).

I'm kind of liking the black Zagg London Snap I had on prior better, but I'll have to give the Synthesis some more time eventually. I put the Zagg back on for now, though - feels much nicer and yet still grippy.

InsulinJunkie72

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2022
WI, USA
Nomad rugged in black today. It's a fine case but it will not charge on any of the MagSafe chargers we have over here :(
First case I've ever had that will not charge on MagSafe.
Hmm. Also got my 15PM black Nomad Rugged in today (along with the Synthesis).

Just tried mine w/ both a Belkin 3-in-1 (original version) and the Apple MagSafe disc, and it started charging w/ both.

vine-boating

macrumors 68020
Aug 10, 2017
Nomad rugged in black today. It's a fine case but it will not charge on any of the MagSafe chargers we have over here :(
First case I've ever had that will not charge on MagSafe. I even installed my camera protector for the special occasion. Here are a couple pics:

View attachment 2308360 View attachment 2308362 View attachment 2308364 View attachment 2308370 View attachment 2308371 View attachment 2308372 View attachment 2308373
How are the buttons and grip?
Is the phone slippery?

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
First case I've ever had that will not charge on MagSafe. I even installed my camera protector for the special occasion. Here are a couple pics:

View attachment 2308360 View attachment 2308362 View attachment 2308364 View attachment 2308370 View attachment 2308371 View attachment 2308372 View attachment 2308373
Looks awesome, but I’m biased. 😉

I wonder what’s up with the MagSafe charging? Mine charges fine on two different Belkin MagSafe chargers as well as the Apple MagSafe puck. Seems strange…??

Reactions: Joe123Joe

Lammy

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2013
Ghost case arrived. Sadly there’s a large scuff at the top.

I know clear cases scratch but it shouldn’t be this marked up out the box. View attachment 2307068 View attachment 2307074

Scuff goes all the way down the side and across the bottom.

Positives are the fit is fantastic. The bottom lip doesn’t really move much at all so I know it wouldn’t bother me. I just can’t forgive a massive scuff like that.
Just got mine today and it also has a scuff on the inside.

AnJarBo

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2014
View attachment 2308328
Here is the 15 PM case (bottom one) compared to the 12 PM Sheath. I prefer the lighter shade and also the slightly grippier texture on the newer case, although the surface does wear a bit over time so the 12 has smoothed out since new due to 3 years worth of daily use.
The circular indentation from the magnet is actually visible in your picture. One of the reasons I fully prefer the Synthesis over the Sheath this year actually.

Reactions: Pug72

kadinh

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
initiated my return for the Pitaka Pro case. might try out the Benks case depending on how the Rebel and Spigen Enzo hold up.

off2marz

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2023
Caudabe Sheath vs Synthesis! I’ve only had these for a couple hours so this is just my initial thoughts on the cases.

The first case I tried on was the Sheath: the texture is an interesting feeling.. not super grippy, but certainly grippier than my smooth TPU case and Elago silicone. It’s plastic, but kinda like it’s mixed with a tiny bit of rubber. I love the minimalistic look of it, black with the slim line across the top. I don’t normally like branding on cases, but their logo on the bottom center is minimal enough it doesn’t bother me. I appreciate the small detail of removing the texture at the bottom side of the case. The microfiber lining on the interior is nice. The fit is tight and solid, really feels nice to hold. Snug fit, but easy enough to take off.

Next up, the Synthesis: this case is a harder plastic, more firm all around. The texture on the back is a little smoother than the Sheath. The edges of the case have a dotted pattern that adds extra grip. Prior to purchasing, I was worried the dotted grip might dig into my palm when holding one handed; it’s actually not a problem. The dotted pattern stops well before the corner, so that if the corner is dug into my palm it’s not bothered by the grip. The bottom of this case is not smooth like the Sheath, but with the grippy edges, I don’t find myself using my pinky prop. Even if I do use my pinky, the slight texture doesn’t bother me. There’s no microfiber lining interior, which would’ve been nice but, this Synthesis seems just a hair thinner than the Sheath, which may be due to that lining. This case is even more tightly fit than the Sheath, due to its harder plastic. I do have difficulty taking it off; it actually hurts my thumb a little prying the camera corner first, working down to the bottom right corner.

Buttons feel the same on both cases: power, volume up, volume down all feel fine to me, with an audible click. The action button however, feels a bit mushy with no audible click. Still, it works just fine.

In the next couple days I’ll use these two cases alternately to really form my decision on which is my favorite. Initially, Synthesis is staying on for the rest of the night.. but maybe that’s because my poor thumb is too tired to work it off ;)

Pictured is both cases on Natural Titanium iPhone 15 Pro.

Attachments

• IMG_0038.jpeg
    IMG_0038.jpeg
    385.8 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0045.jpeg
    IMG_0045.jpeg
    390.9 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_0021.jpeg
    IMG_0021.jpeg
    495.3 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0032.jpeg
    IMG_0032.jpeg
    452.2 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0034.jpeg
    IMG_0034.jpeg
    398.8 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_0029.jpeg
    IMG_0029.jpeg
    522.6 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0019.jpeg
    IMG_0019.jpeg
    628.1 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0036.jpeg
    IMG_0036.jpeg
    425.4 KB · Views: 141

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
The circular indentation from the magnet is actually visible in your picture. One of the reasons I fully prefer the Synthesis over the Sheath this year actually.
I thought I was seeing things at first, but you’re right, the indentation is visible. I also see it on the Sheath in the post just above this one. Subtle, but it’s there.

Last edited:
Reactions: AnJarBo
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.