Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Brandy-Boi

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2020
when you’ve seen the blue case on amazon, has it been a separate listing or together with all the other limitless cases? meaning you select the aramid listing and slide through the various styles? thx
Its together all under Mous Limitless 5.0, where you get to choose the model and color/variant. Seems to be gone now again, I managed to snag one and it shows the blue case specifically under my recent orders. Now its not available on Amazon again.

Reactions: darrinS

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Ended up grabbing the Defender XT in all black… said I wouldn’t because last years pitted my stainless sides but so far so good. Also the frame seems to sit better, resting on the titanium less. Also it is a breeze to put the front frame on, last years was a bi@tch lol.

For a bulky case, I love the feel in hand. The USB-C cover makes it feel so good on my pinky lol. Can’t find anything I don’t like about it so far. The large camera cut out helps prevent the back from scratching because I had one on my iPhone 13 (regular 2 cameras) and since the camera cutout is smaller there is more surface exposed to scratch. Might be the same for the pro max size?

Attachments

• IMG_0964.jpeg
    IMG_0964.jpeg
    214.1 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0963.jpeg
    IMG_0963.jpeg
    211.9 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0965.jpeg
    IMG_0965.jpeg
    283.4 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0961.jpeg
    IMG_0961.jpeg
    261 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0957.jpeg
    IMG_0957.jpeg
    365 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0959.jpeg
    IMG_0959.jpeg
    389 KB · Views: 82

aldo82

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2011
Finally decided to order the Sheath to what everyone raves about. Thanks for whoever shared the discount code. Getting delivery to the UK so the code offset the delivery cost

Reactions: CaptainTrips

debroei

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2014
Ahh okay. Yes that’s pretty annoying. It may well be because we’re no longer part of the EU. Have you tried ordering from Amazon US directly. Maybe that might work. 🤔
Looked that up and is possible.
Case cost 34 dollar. Only it’s 9 euro shipping and 9 euro VaT. So I have to pay 18 euro extra for a 34 dollar case. I think it’s getting a bit expensive as some other speck cases resel here for normal prices like 32 euro incl vat and free shipping :(
I love the color scheme but the prices is not justifiable for me.

Reactions: Mr.C

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
Ended up grabbing the Defender XT in all black… said I wouldn’t because last years pitted my stainless sides but so far so good. Also the frame seems to sit better, resting on the titanium less. Also it is a breeze to put the front frame on, last years was a bi@tch lol.

For a bulky case, I love the feel in hand. The USB-C cover makes it feel so good on my pinky lol. Can’t find anything I don’t like about it so far. The large camera cut out helps prevent the back from scratching because I had one on my iPhone 13 (regular 2 cameras) and since the camera cutout is smaller there is more surface exposed to scratch. Might be the same for the pro max size?
Does it peel up your screen protector?

Surfsalot

Suspended
Mar 18, 2023
After using the “sorry30” code from Caudabe, I finally decided to give the Synthesis a try. Gotta say, this is my new favorite case!! I’ve had the sheath for about a year now, had it on my 14PM and then reordered for my 15P. It’s a great case itself but I realllly like the grippy texture on the sides of the synthesis. It’s what makes this case great. Yes, the texture on the back is smoother than the sheath but it’s not detrimental imho. The grippy texture on the sides is truly very grippy and makes this case feel very secure in the hand.

My other, very close second favorite case is the Speck Presidio 2, so I must have a thing for grippy sides lol. Overall, I have to say I recommend the synthesis over the sheath!

big gaps round that button

Tagbert

macrumors 603
Jun 22, 2011
Seattle
According to chat GPT, here is the list from this thread:

• Spigen: 29 mentions
  • Apple: 25 mentions
  • Otterbox: 22 mentions
  • Mous: 18 mentions
  • ESR: 16 mentions
  • Caudabe: 15 mentions
  • Pitaka: 14 mentions
  • UAG: 13 mentions
  • Speck: 12 mentions
  • Totallee: 11 mentions
How do you guys like the Arc Pulse case? Not sure if I can call it a case, it's more of a bikini situation, but has anyone used it in the past?
I was curious about the Arc Pulse but the color selection is pretty limited, particular for the price. If I'm paying $90 for a case, I expect to have some options that look good. None of the Arc Pulse colors look good with the natural titanium. They have matte black, a shiny gray, a shiny silver, and a shiny gold. All too dark and too shiny.

Last edited:

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
The buttons on this years caudabe cases suck! Especially the action button.
Mine were passable for molded slit buttons but, at least for me, it’s hard to go back once you’ve experienced well-implemented floating buttons.

Reactions: swerve147

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019

Cotypubby

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2020
Reactions: VaderRulez

kadinh

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
Does anyone have a Caudabe 30% off code I could use plz? Thank you very much in advance if possible! Never mind, found it!

I had the sheath for my 13PM but didn’t love it, would like to try the synthesis (just ordered!).

I currently have the Pitatka Pro, Phone Rebel, and Spigen Enzo Aramid. I usually would go Pitaka, but on the 15PM I don’t enjoy the boxy feel that the case gives it and it seems slipperier than the past Pitatkas I’ve used. Completely smooth aramid instead of any texture.

The Phone Rebel for me feels the least premium out of the bunch(but anramid texture is present) and the one I have the least experience with. Ironically, I think I like the cheapest Enzo case grip.

I usually get 3 cases for my phone

1. Heavy protection (old phone used Mous Limitless and Casetify Impact, loved the grip on the impact, Mous was slippery)

2. Leather (this will be the Bullstrap for me, 13PM case was wonderful and so is their no nonesense warranty, I only used it to sell my phone with a new case, the old one was still great)

3. Basic thin case (Old phone used $20 Spigen MagSafe case from Amazon)

Last edited:

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Does anyone have a Caudabe 30% off code I could use plz? Thank you very much in advance if possible! Never mind, found it!

I had the sheath for my 13PM but didn’t love it, would like to try the synthesis (just ordered!).

I currently have the Pitatka Pro, Phone Rebel, and Spigen Enzo Aramid. I usually would go Pitaka, but on the 15PM I don’t enjoy the boxy feel that the case gives it and it seems slipperier than the past Pitatkas I’ve used. Completely smooth aramid instead of any texture.

The Phone Rebel for me feels the least premium out of the bunch(but anramid texture is present) and the one I have the least experience with. Ironically, I think I like the cheapest Enzo case grip.

I usually get 3 cases for my phone

1. Heavy protection (old phone used Mous Limitless and Casetify Impact, loved the grip on the impact, Mous was slippery)

2. Leather (this will be the Bullstrap for me, 13PM case was wonderful and so is their no nonesense warranty, I only used it to sell my phone with a new case, the old one was still great)

3. Basic thin case (Old phone used $20 Spigen MagSafe case from Amazon)

What didn’t you love about the Sheath?

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
I'm really happy the Caudabe Sheath has been my daily most of the time over the other cases..but today I have a Synthesis celestial blue coming in..

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
I'm really happy the Caudabe Sheath has been my daily most of the time over the other cases..but today I have a Synthesis celestial blue coming in..
I just ordered the Synthesis after doing research deciding getting the Sheath.

I decided to go with the Synthesis because it looks to offer a little more drop protection and the sides seem more grippy than the Sheath, although the Sheath has texture all over. Hope I made the right decision.

Reactions: Bkdodger

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Just caught up with about 10 pages in here and I’m not sure if anyone posted it but the blue Pitaka MagEZ Pro will be in stock on Pitakas website today. They dropped me a message saying so. I know tons of people were asking about that color way.
Thanks Tee. While you’re here, between the Caudabe Sheath and Synthesis, what offers the better drop protection and grip.

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
Thanks Tee. While you’re here, between the Caudabe Sheath and Synthesis, what offers the better drop protection and grip.
Hmmmmm I would say the material of the Sheath would be a little more forgiving but both probably offer the same level of protection. Just medium to light drops, nothing out the norm. I know I’ve used the Sheath for years and have dropped plenty of iPhones on them and never had an issue. I just had a mean drop the other day with the Synthesis and I can’t even tell where it dropped.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.