Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

SweetLou122

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2011
Ghost case arrived. Sadly there’s a large scuff at the top.

I know clear cases scratch but it shouldn’t be this marked up out the box. View attachment 2307068 View attachment 2307074

Scuff goes all the way down the side and across the bottom.

Positives are the fit is fantastic. The bottom lip doesn’t really move much at all so I know it wouldn’t bother me. I just can’t forgive a massive scuff like that.
How is the camera protection? I’m debating ordering one once they get the QA stuff figured out. Liked the look since initial photos came out but did not want to order until real world reviews came out.

Between that and the clarity 2.0 for a clear case. I am really impressed with the limitless 5.0, but it looks like the clarity has a smaller camera lip and the frame is a glossy black instead of matte.

vine-boating

macrumors 68020
Aug 10, 2017
The Black Nomad Rugged does not really go well with 15 Pro Max Blue does it? I would have gone for the Blue Nomad Rugged, but it was out of stock, the only colours available were Orange and Black...

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
I added a Mothca lens protector to my setup today. It’s a solid piece of machined aluminum that rises above the lenses ~0.5mm, with no glass over the lenses, which is my preference. Comes with a 3M adhesive backing and is easy to install. So far it doesn’t seem to affect image quality, flash, or exposure. The case is a Nomad Rugged on a 15PM.

IMG_1825.jpeg

Last edited:

SR Steve

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2010
I received the Gray Caudabe Sheath for my iPhone 15 Pro Max today November 4th after placing my order on October 30th, so a 5 day turnaround. I was concerned about the circular indentations visible from the internal magnet (on some posted earlier) but there's no evidence from any angle on my version... quality is flawless as I expect from Caudabe.

Also ordered the Pitaka MagEZ Case Pro 4 on November 2nd but still waiting for them to reply with a shipment date.

Reactions: Zensō

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
I added a Motcha lens protector to my setup today. It’s a solid piece of machined aluminum that rises above the lenses ~0.5mm, with no glass over the lenses, which is my preference. Comes with a 3M adhesive backing and is easy to install. So far it doesn’t seem to affect image quality, flash, or exposure. The case is a Nomad Rugged on a 15PM.

View attachment 2307252

Nice, I need to put mine also but have been holding off. My black Nomad rugged should be here on Monday.

Does that black Nomad show the Magsafe ring after charging?

That combo looks so SWEET :)

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Nice, I need to put mine also but have been holding off. My black Nomad rugged should be here on Monday.

Does that black Nomad show the Magsafe ring after charging?

That combo looks so SWEET :)
Thanks! Regarding the MagSafe charging ring, so far, so good, no ring showing. Fingerprints haven’t been an issue either, though that may vary depending upon how one holds the phone and how much they perspire of course. Really happy with this setup so far. I use the device primarily as a camera, and this setup feels great and seems pretty ideal for that use. I may add some type of minimal sling for hiking/biking on those days when I’ll be taking lots of photos.

Looking forward to getting your take on the Nomad.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
What's folks general feeling about the Caudabe Sheath vs Synthesis? Which is the better case?
In the past there was a bigger separation between these two cases. Now they weigh nearly the same (2 grams difference) and offer the same drop protection, which makes the choice more difficult/confusing. The microfiber lining in the new Sheath may tip the scales in that direction for some. The Sheath looks a little cleaner to me, not a fan of the camera cutout indentation on the Synthesis.

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
In the past there was a bigger separation between these two cases. Now they weigh nearly the same (2 grams difference) and offer the same drop protection, which makes the choice more difficult/confusing. The microfiber lining in the new Sheath may tip the scales in that direction for some. The Sheath looks a little cleaner to me, not a fan of the camera cutout indentation on the Synthesis.

Just looked up your brand of camera protector and noticed they have black and titanium black.

Which black did you order?

MrGrim999

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2023
Just adding a data point… my first two Mous aramid cases had loose buttons and a poor fit, my walnut version is a perfect fit and the buttons are very good, no rattles and sensitive but not overly so. I’m thinking the issue with fit on the aramid cases may have contributed to the buttons being overly loose/sensitive.

Thumbs up on the Nomad Rugged - great case.
I experienced same issue with my Mous Limitless speckled case from amazon. I did like the case and was hoping it was just a bad batch from factory so I ordered replacement which just arrived today. It's only been a few hours but the buttons do seem more firm and haven't hit them accidently as I was before but we shall see over the next week or so.

Reactions: Zensō

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
TIL you can use the buttons from Torras cases with Nomad leather case. The action button from Torras is smaller so it is kind of wobbly, but other buttons (volume and power) fits nicely. View attachment 2307317

This is right up my alley. Wonder if they will work with the Nomad rugged?

I tried the Rhinoshield buttons in the Symmetry case and it was a no go.

Last edited:

tharitm

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2009
This is right up my alley. Wonder if they will work with the Nomad rugged?

I tried the Rhinoshield buttons in the Symmetry case and it was a no go.
I think it should work. On this random Saturday, I noticed the nomad buttons weren’t glued and can be easily removed. If you can figure out if they can be taken out, there is a chance it should fit. I’d be happy to share dimensions or anything from my experiment.

Reactions: Hooterville

Tagbert

macrumors 603
Jun 22, 2011
Seattle
Anyone find a good bumper cases yet? I found one aluminum one (AOPNN brand) on Amazon and then the Rhinoshield ones (which are too bulky)…
I got the AOPNN one and quite like it. I got the black one and it looks good with the natural titanium phone. It is not bulky. We got the RhinoShield one for my spouse but I find it a little too bulky. The AOPNN does have small ridges at the corners to keep the cameras raised and protected but they are not where you grab it.

Tmelon

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011
Got the Caudabe Sheath as a replacement for the Synthesis and immediately returned it as well. The sides were protruding as if the dimensions of the case were slightly off and the microfiber lining on the inside was already starting to peel. Not a good year for Caudabe.

Reactions: Pug72

Zedicus16

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2023
United States
Got the Caudabe Sheath as a replacement for the Synthesis and immediately returned it as well. The sides were protruding as if the dimensions of the case were slightly off and the microfiber lining on the inside was already starting to peel. Not a good year for Caudabe.
That's definitely not good. I have no experience with the sheath but love my synthesis. I bought 2 of them and my parents each have one as well and no problems. Fit is perfect, and I even take mine off at the end of every day to wipe the phone down. I hope they are paying attention to their quality control.

• Wow
Reactions: Surfsalot

aldo82

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2011
Enjoying the Mous limitless. Not to big, amazing protection. Decent magnets, good grip and great quality.
Which backing did you get? I tried the mous 3 or 4 years ago and found the grip terrible. Have the grip lines really fixed that now or is it a grippier material too?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.