Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Looking at the Mous case and the Pitaka? Like em both. Don't like the fingerprints on the Pitaka but love how slim it is. Anyone else using these cases? Thoughts?
Which Mous? Limitless 5.0? An educated guess would be that the Mous would be bulkier than the Pitaka pro because it offers more protection.

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
Which Mous? Limitless 5.0? An educated guess would be that the Mous would be bulkier than the Pitaka pro because it offers more protection.

99b2232759a3dadb89f7fb3d22fb76ad.png

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Looking at the Mous case and the Pitaka? Like em both. Don't like the fingerprints on the Pitaka but love how slim it is. Anyone else using these cases? Thoughts?
I’m assuming you’re asking abut the Pitaka Pro and Mous Limitless. If so, I have both.

Yes, the Pitaka is slimmer and is more prone to fingerprints unless you’re comparing specifically to the aramind Mous, which is pretty much the same in that regard. The Mous is far more protective, which is pretty amazing considering it is only slightly heavier and only feels slightly bulkier in the hand. The Mous has better grip, but is a little sharp on the back edge. The Pitaka is soft and very comfortable in the hand. Button tactility is similar on both, though the metal Pitaka buttons rattle a bit and are not protected on the inside. I actually prefer the plastic Mous buttons which are quieter and theoretically less prone to cause scratches. The Mous has a tighter fit with less pull away at the USB port. In general, they are comparable in many ways, but with various trade-offs as mentioned.

The Mous spends more time on my phone.

Last edited:

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
I’m assuming you’re asking abut the Pitaka Pro and Mous Limitless. If so, I have both.

Yes, the Pitaka is slimmer and is more prone to fingerprints unless you’re comparing specifically to the aramind Mous, which is pretty much the same in that regard. The Mous is far more protective, which is pretty amazing considering it is only slightly heavier and only feels slightly bulkier in the hand. The Mous has better grip, but is a little sharp on the back edge. The Pitaka is soft and very comfortable in the hand. Button tactility is similar on both, though the metal Pitaka buttons rattle a bit and are not protected on the inside. I actually prefer the plastic Mous buttons which are quieter and theoretically less prone to cause scratches. The Mous has a tighter fit with less pull away at the USB port. In general, they are comparable in many ways, but with various trade-offs as mentioned.

Thanks for your thoughts. It’s was this Pitaka I was thinking about.
479ae1b440c0db62e23ecbf23ea01ff9.png

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Thanks for your thoughts. It’s was this Pitaka I was thinking about.
479ae1b440c0db62e23ecbf23ea01ff9.png
Gotcha’. The non-Pro Pitaka is much thinner and lighter than the Mous, but provides only minimal protection, primarily against scuffs and scratches. It’s not going to do much in a drop on a hard surface.

Reactions: AVBeatMan

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012

How’s the grip on the sides of the Mous compared to the Pitaka?

SweetLou122

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2011
You know I’m on the fence lol

First let me say I’m usually not one to use anything on the back of my phones ..

Positives
Slim no added bulk
Magnet seems strong early on and has a small sticky feeling on the back but not where it damaged any of my cases or left residue
Charging works on all my MagSafe including car mount without interfering with charging
It helps with finger fatigue while using phone extended periods

Cons
You can’t one hand to expand it
Only landscape when using as stand ..is that all these type products?
I wonder how the inside part wears it’s very slim

Edit : I need a Spudger tool to remove lol

Thanks for that. I remember they caught my eye a while ago with that modular wallet I think on kickstarter (or some crowdfunded pre-order). The website or review I saw for the Luxe mentioned that it used super small suction cups to help with adhesion without a sticker/chemical adhesive? I figured it just attached via MagSafe…

Will probably order one as it looks pretty interesting and not as cheap looking as other grip accessories.

Edit:”
Snap 4 is Apple MagSafe® compatible, nano-adhesive assisted. It takes more deliberate effort to remove than typical MagSafe® accessories because you can use other MagSafe® accessories on top of it and we don't want it coming off! The magnets inside your iPhone just aren't strong enough to keep Snap 4 on your phone if you stick it to a fridge or car mount.

P.S. it's reusable adhesive! Just run water over it, let it air dry, and it reactivates like magic.”

What this means I am not sure. As long as it doesn’t peel off the back of the fabric case I’m fine with it.

Surfsalot

Suspended
Mar 18, 2023
My Bullstrap preorder already shipped out. Better experience with this preorder than another company…

*cough* Caudabe *cough*
don't speak too soon someone in the leather case thread is complaining about how bad the return process is with them

Last edited:

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
You know I’m on the fence lol

First let me say I’m usually not one to use anything on the back of my phones ..

Positives
Slim no added bulk
Magnet seems strong early on and has a small sticky feeling on the back but not where it damaged any of my cases or left residue
Charging works on all my MagSafe including car mount without interfering with charging
It helps with finger fatigue while using phone extended periods

Cons
You can’t one hand to expand it
Only landscape when using as stand ..is that all these type products?
I wonder how the inside part wears it’s very slim

Edit : I need a Spudger tool to remove lol
to remove just grab a credit card and slide it under

Reactions: Bkdodger

MM301

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2020
Sheath does not get enough credit for pinky comfort. Out of all the cases I’ve tried, it’s the best. Even the Apple Silicone has a sharper USB C cutout. I hope this is something case manufacturers consistently pay attention to.

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
to remove just grab a credit card and slide it under

Ah yes that works too haha

I like my tools since I have a few laying around not getting enough use…

I’m actually impressed it lasted with me all day and didn’t annoy me …

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.