Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
It's a Nomad weekend for me

xRe6Uwu.jpg

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Has anyone actually gotten their Caudabe replacement button version? I purchased the cut out version of the Sheath under the premise that I would receive a free button version but 5 emails later and I have yet to receive a response.
Unfortunately each time you email them it pushes you to the back of the queue… but they only gave the free cover version if the cut out was purchased before a certain date. I’d try sending a message over instagram maybe?

SweetLou122

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2011
Forest Green Mous, what is the material on the back?

Why is it so much more expensive than the other ones, is it the color?
It is like a nylon fabric, very tightly woven. I have a fine woven wallet and it’s a bit different. The speckled black “fabric” has much more of a rubbery feel.

As to why it is more expensive, that I don’t know. The blue and green are new for this year, maybe keeping it more limited? It’s the same price as the other limitless cases on Amazon if you can catch it in stock.

Reactions: Hooterville

SweetLou122

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2011
My ghost case turned up looking like crap. Refund was easy enough once I got a reply. Although I’m annoyed that I had to pay for return postage.

But this is an absolutely solid move from dbrand. They’ve listened to their customers and taken action. You can not argue with that.

The reason I kept my order for both the grip and ghost. Knew they would make the right move when the dust settled.

Hicksmat1976

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2016
Manchester, England
I have been impressed with the

Ringke Onyx Magnetic​

Feels great, fits great, love how it covers the camera system pretty well without covering the lenses as such.

71bUoVUUKML._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71DzxBSVrkL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012

Ringke Onyx Magnetic​

Feels great, fits great, love how it covers the camera system pretty well without covering the lenses as such.

I’m liking the matrix grip sides.

Danorak81

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2013
UK
Okay, had a quick stop at the old Apple Store today to look at the Lumen case. It’s a shame that it’s not a bit better quality because otherwise the size and weight are incredible. I set it next to my Apple Silicone case they were identical! But the sides are loose and the MagSafe sticker on the inside looks very thin.

However, I picked up the FineWoven in Evergreen and it felt like a completely different case than my early order one back in September. The back was still scratched up but the sides felt so much better than I remembered. I still don’t think it’s worth $60 but I’ll definitely be keeping an eye out for a sale.
I remember checking out the FW back in Sept. in the Apple Store, but when I went back last weekend, I thought it felt different: thought it was me, but maybe not. Based on that, I thought the same-may go for a black FW if a discount appears somewhere.

Reactions: VSMacOne

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
Have been looking at the lux 4. How do you like it?

You know I’m on the fence lol

First let me say I’m usually not one to use anything on the back of my phones ..

Positives
Slim no added bulk
Magnet seems strong early on and has a small sticky feeling on the back but not where it damaged any of my cases or left residue
Charging works on all my MagSafe including car mount without interfering with charging
It helps with finger fatigue while using phone extended periods

Cons
You can’t one hand to expand it
Only landscape when using as stand ..is that all these type products?
I wonder how the inside part wears it’s very slim

Edit : I need a Spudger tool to remove lol

Last edited:

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
Looking at the Mous case and the Pitaka? Like em both. Don't like the fingerprints on the Pitaka but love how slim it is. Anyone else using these cases? Thoughts?

Reactions: macher

Shark5150

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2014
Dallas, Texas

Ringke Onyx Magnetic​

Me too

jplusc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles
The ringke onyx is great, I agree. I keep coming back to it. Just got the rebel flex in. This thing is nice. Loving the fit and feel of it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.