Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Anyone have the Mous Limitless 5.0? Would like to know how the side grips are. For reference I have a Caudabe Synthesis and I find the side matrix grips grippy. I can actually hold on the grips and shake up and down holding on the grips and it won’t move. I was hoping that the Limitless 5.0 would provide the same grips.

Here’s a video for reference with the Synthesis . I’m not squeezing that hard.

Anyone want to chime in?

View attachment 2314089
The Mous is not as grippy as the Synthesis. I find it grippy enough though, and generally more comfortable to hold. Others will differ.

jack_1992

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2020
So onto another case! This time the Native Union in their green colour.

The material is really nice, nice and grippy. Been on my Spigen ultra hybrid last few days and it’s a bit thicker than that but weight wise is good, doesn’t feel too heavy to hold.

Buttons are okay. They click but do require a fair bit of attempt to make them click!

MagSafe is decent, not the strongest but is good enough for what I’ll use it for, which is charging.

Overall, I like it! I like the colour, the grip. I think this is my favourite so far in all honesty!

Currently in Amazon Black Friday so was reduced to £33.99 and I like it! See how we go over a few days

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Aug 4, 2010
Just got this email blast from dbrand regarding the Ghost case. This is the highlight. If someone wants me to post the whole email let me know.
My ghost case turned up looking like crap. Refund was easy enough once I got a reply. Although I’m annoyed that I had to pay for return postage.

But this is an absolutely solid move from dbrand. They’ve listened to their customers and taken action. You can not argue with that.

jack_1992

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2020
Any suggestion for a lightweight clear case for 15 Pro Max? I want something that will not add too much bulk.

Also, any thoughts on going without a case.
I really like the Spigen Ultra Hybrid. I got it in Frosted and really like it as a spare case. MagSafe is great, I think it’s quite grippy and it’s thin imo

Reactions: jerryk

jaehaerys48

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2023
Went with the cypress Apple silicone case. Looks pretty nice with the black titanium 15, but it does collect a lot of dust. I only really bought it as a temporary case, to hold me over until I decide on something else to order. I'm tempted by that new Spigen style armor case or the walnut Mous limitless.

IMG_0001.jpeg

Reactions: Djones96 and macher

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Went with the cypress Apple silicone case. Looks pretty nice with the black titanium 15, but it does collect a lot of dust. I only really bought it as a temporary case, to hold me over until I decide on something else to order. I'm tempted by that new Spigen style armor case or the walnut Mous limitless.

View attachment 2314202
I’m also interested in the Mous 5.0 limitless but either carbon fiber or speckled. To me the walnut looks like an inlay and kind of cheesy.

Reactions: Zensō

off2marz

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2023
So onto another case! This time the Native Union in their green colour.

The material is really nice, nice and grippy. Been on my Spigen ultra hybrid last few days and it’s a bit thicker than that but weight wise is good, doesn’t feel too heavy to hold.

Buttons are okay. They click but do require a fair bit of attempt to make them click!

MagSafe is decent, not the strongest but is good enough for what I’ll use it for, which is charging.

Overall, I like it! I like the colour, the grip. I think this is my favourite so far in all honesty!

Currently in Amazon Black Friday so was reduced to £33.99 and I like it! See how we go over a few days
Is there a cover for the action button? Product photos show no cover, but hoping they’ve changed that. I really like their green color & the textured material is intriguing. Would love some photos, esp on Nat Ti if possible :)

jack_1992

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2020
Is there a cover for the action button? Product photos show no cover, but hoping they’ve changed that. I really like their green color & the textured material is intriguing. Would love some photos, esp on Nat Ti if possible :)
Yes there is! This is what I was worried about but it’s covered! Not the best but for me the other things outweigh the button!

I have Nat Ti so I’ll get you some photos and post them shortly.

Reactions: off2marz

Cerneka

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2023
Has anyone actually gotten their Caudabe replacement button version? I purchased the cut out version of the Sheath under the premise that I would receive a free button version but 5 emails later and I have yet to receive a response.

Reactions: macher

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Has anyone actually gotten their Caudabe replacement button version? I purchased the cut out version of the Sheath under the premise that I would receive a free button version but 5 emails later and I have yet to receive a response.
After using a different brand with the cutout I kind of like not having an action button. Some say it protects from dust etc but this the first year ever that we never had a cover on that part. Most previous year cases didn’t have a cover for the slider.

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
Yeah, I got mine

off2marz

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2023
Not that it’s any excuse, but when I emailed them about a return, the auto-reply email from them stated “Please do not reply to the same ticket before we reply, otherwise the system will send your ticket to the back of the queue.” That may explain the delay in response from them 🤷🏻‍♀️

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
That’s all I got lol.
Tee while I got you on here, wanted to ask you about the Mous limitless 5.0 grip. I currently have the Caudabe Synthesis, as you know has the matrix grips. I find the matrix grips nice and grippy. I see the Limitless 5.0 has different type of grip on the sides.

Ok I would think that the Synthesis grip is more grippy than the Limitless 5.0 but IYO which is grippier and if it’s the Synthesis, is the Synthesis significantly grippier than the 5.0? Thanks!

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
FOR SALE:

Nomad Rugged Case in Black for the 15 Pro Max.

Brand New in the factory box $39.00 Shipped with tracking.

PayPal Only.
You seem to have a nice rotation of cases. Which is your favorite minimalist case and your favorite protective case?

Reactions: Zensō
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.