Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

steferrari

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2023
Italy
Looks like new Spigen case (style armor) is about to drop

Wow these ones looks cool, I suppose that the silver one will be a nice match for natural titanium.

ld_ip15_stylearmor_03.jpg

off2marz

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2023
Caudabe is pulling the same crap with me. On their website the say their are "Super Easy", and you "simply" send then an email for a return/refund. Just like getting their case this year (slow email, multiple backorders), doing a return is not hassle free. If you want to do a return expect multiple rounds of email.

In my return request email, I even wrote that wasn't interested in different colors or case models. So they said I could exchange for screen protectors or cables. They are determined to make you email them a few times to get a return done, and they hope that you'll just go away. again, not "Super Easy", and not "Simple"

Dealing with Caudabe has not been a pleasant experience this year. In fact it's been a lot of unnecessary hassle.
Yeah, they do try to sway you against a return. After my second email to them, they did send me a return QR & so I’ll be returning it this weekend at local UPS.

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
It’s been on amazon for several days now, but only in “midnight indigo”. Had it a few days and it’s decent. A bit slippery at first if your hands are very dry, but develops a bit more grip after some use. Main cons are that it’s a pretty slim case, but still on the heavy side at nearly 40g for the regular 15 Pro. Also, the front lip, while decently protective, is kind of sharp and interferes with swipes.

How’s the fingerprints on it?

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Like to hear feedback about Spigen. They have a nice lineup and prices seem pretty good. Thanks!

dmccombs

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2013
Yeah, they do try to sway you against a return. After my second email to them, they did send me a return QR & so I’ll be returning it this weekend at local UPS.
Yes, Caudabe needs to change their website write-up about returns...

Current Statement: Super Easy returns, simply send us an email.
More Accurate Statement: Returns begrudgingly accepted after several emails trying to dissuade you.

tandp74

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2010
IL
How’s the fingerprints on it?
They aren’t too bad considering I got the darkest color by far. Here’s a few pics without doing any wipedown. I imagine it would be even better on the lighter colors.

Edit: added one after a quick wipedown.

Compared to the smudgefest that is the Torras ShieldMate, the Spigen is quite good. The style armor is more of the type where fingerprints show and then kind of disappear on their own after a second or 2.

Attachments

• IMG_0716.jpeg
    IMG_0716.jpeg
    398.4 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0717.jpeg
    IMG_0717.jpeg
    432.7 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0718.jpeg
    IMG_0718.jpeg
    379.8 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0719.jpeg
    IMG_0719.jpeg
    407.9 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

Prospekt

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2009
They aren’t too bad considering I got the darkest color by far. Here’s a few pics without doing any wipedown. I imagine it would be even better on the lighter colors.

Looks nice! I have the Enzo and love the fit & MagSafe strength. Would you say the magnet is good? Is the fit tight?

tandp74

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2010
IL
Looks nice! I have the Enzo and love the fit & MagSafe strength. Would you say the magnet is good? Is the fit tight?
The fit is very tight everywhere, except where the volume and power buttons are. But even there it snaps back pretty well. I haven’t had a chance to test out the MagSafe strength but according to several others, it’s supposed to be much improved this year. I’ll report back if I find otherwise.

Reactions: Prospekt

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019

Compared to the smudgefest that is the Torras ShieldMate, the Spigen is quite good. The style armor is more of the type where fingerprints show and then kind of disappear on their own after a second or 2.

Nice. I just ordered the same one off Amazon. Will report back on it.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Nice, I don't think these cases would look so nice on the black phone?
Here's the pic. The graphic shows up OK in bright light but sort of disappears in lower light. I really don't like the case though. The glossy plastic sides are sticky, reminds me of a toddlers toy or Tupperware knockoff. It also fits loose and the sides are stretchy. Going back already. :confused:

DSCF2409.jpeg

kadinh

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
Just received the Benks Armor.....power/side button doesn't function. It seems that the button on the case sits higher than the actual button on the phone. Shame too because I really like the case.

UPDATE: I read online that there is a plastic cover and some double sided tape on the power button that holds it down. after removing them, power button working now. I think I like the buttons better than the Enzo Aramid case since they stick out a bit more and can be pressed easier.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr.C and Zensō

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
Here's the pic. The graphic shows up OK in bright light but sort of disappears in lower light. I really don't like the case though. The glossy plastic sides are sticky, reminds me of a toddlers toy or Tupperware knockoff. It also fits loose and the sides are stretchy. Going back already. :confused:

View attachment 2313788

Concept is cool but I don’t really care to have a city’s map on the back of my phone. And I can totally imagine that feel you’re mentioning, yea definitely a no go.

Reactions: Zensō

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Concept is cool but I don’t really care to have a city’s map on the back of my phone. And I can totally imagine that feel you’re mentioning, yea definitely a no go.
I was a graphic designer/cartographer before retiring so the map graphic was appealing to me in a fun sort of way. Too bad the case is sub par.

AnthroMatt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2011
Redlands, CA
Looks very nice, how's the fit & grip?

Mine's still in Las Vegas waiting to arrive at USPS so no idea when it will arrive.
Fit is exceptional, grip is good, not great. Still a little squared off on the back edges, but the bottom of the case is comfy. My MagSafe wallet stays more secure on this than on the Phone Rebel...I think because of the coating on the Pitaka, because the magnets themselves are not as strong as those on the PR.

The buttons are phenomenal. Probably my favorite of any case I've tried this year. I know some here don't like that it seems to be metal on metal with the buttons, but that doesn't really bother me. I have a feeling this and the PR will be my two main cases.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.