Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
It looks and feels like leather effect but I could be wrong. Either way I like it.
Still looks clean though. Do you think the leather texture will wear?

How would you rate the Mous Limitless 5.0 in terms of protection? I’m looking for a more protective case than then Caudabe Synthesis to swap out of in certain situations.

pr33tz

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2008
London, UK
Still looks clean though. Do you think the leather texture will wear?

How would you rate the Mous Limitless 5.0 in terms of protection? I’m looking for a more protective case than then Caudabe Synthesis to swap out of in certain situations.
The leather texture feels durable. It's not very soft so unlikely to mark easily.

Mous offers good protection. Depends on how much protection you require and how heavy/bulky you're willing to go. The Otterbox Defender XT is the best case I've tried in terms of all-out protection but it does add some bulk. The Tech21 Evo Max is a close second if you don't mind navigating the lens cover.

Reactions: rmadsen3

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
I used some black acrylic paint that I had. I didn't have a fine bush so the finish isn't as perfect as I'd like, but you can't really tell unless you look close up. It looks miles better without the white logos.

I've been looking at the Ryan London cases, especially since they offer closed bottom. Might pick one up when they're readily available.

View attachment 2313459
I might have to do this

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
The leather texture feels durable. It's not very soft so unlikely to mark easily.

Mous offers good protection. Depends on how much protection you require and how heavy/bulky you're willing to go. The Otterbox Defender XT is the best case I've tried in terms of all-out protection but it does add some bulk. The Tech21 Evo Max is a close second if you don't mind navigating the lens cover.
How’s the grip on the Mous 5.0? Grip is an important element. I really like the matrix grips on the Caudabe Synthesis.

I know the Mous is different grip but do you think the Mous offers the same grip?

pr33tz

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2008
London, UK
How’s the grip on the Mous 5.0? Grip is an important element. I really like the matrix grips on the Caudabe Synthesis.

I know the Mous is different grip but do you think the Mous offers the same grip?
The grip seems perfectly fine. Sides are not rubbery like some cases, but the plastic is textured and doesn't feel too slippery.

Reactions: macher

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
The grip seems perfectly fine. Sides are not rubbery like some cases, but the plastic is textured and doesn't feel too slippery.
I’m actually leaning towards to carbon fiber. I don’t particularly like carbon fiber because to me it’s slippery and most carbon fiber cases like Pitaka don’t have side grips, but if the grips on the Mous are good, that’s where I would want the grip.

Reactions: rmadsen3

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
I’m actually leaning towards to carbon fiber. I don’t particularly like carbon fiber because to me it’s slippery and most carbon fiber cases like Pitaka don’t have side grips, but if the grips on the Mous are good, that’s where I would want the grip.
Just a heads up, the aramid fiber Mous Limitless in the 15PM size has a fit issue (I had to return two). Mous is aware of the issue, so if you order direct it should be fine, but you could get defective old stock if you order from Amazon.

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
Otterbox Lumen in Gray. 10/10 for my needs.

I mean there's no better matching case for the natty titanium. Checks the 4 important boxes for my needs too...top shelf tactile buttons, very lightweight, super thin that is form fitted to the phone perfectly, and MagSafe so dang strong.

For $50, makes the Ghost case laughable.

ylfyjK3.jpg
If you're still looking for a clear case this is definitely worth trying:

Which one of these cases is lighter, thinner, grippier and has the best form factor?

Any other similar clear cases in this case category?

Last edited:

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Just a heads up, the aramid fiber Mous Limitless in the 15PM size has a fit issue (I had to return two). Mous is aware of the issue, so if you order direct it should be fine, but you could get defective old stock if you order from Amazon.
I have an 15P non pro.

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
Has this been fixed on the newer cases?

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
UAG added the Civilian with an Action button cover to their website (it was previously on Amazon for a brief time). None of the other models have been updated to include the button.

IMG_1829.jpeg

Reactions: AE14

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Has this been fixed on the newer cases?
Mous support told me they’re fully aware of the issue and are replacing defective cases for customers. I asked about Amazon and they said they’re working on pulling defective stock but couldn’t provide specific details beyond that. This was about a week ago.

Sinistah

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2017
Minnesota
Can anyone vouch for Bullstrap or more specifically the premium pricing? They’re running a 20% off with a 10% text sign up stack.

Might bite the bullet and preorder as I’m looking for a leather case option.

Reactions: kadinh

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Yea you need a macro lens to see that...but damn good find Joe. Cannot see it at all on the case I have.
Hmm I’ll have to check out the gray then, because the black was real obvious when I picked it up at the Apple Store. I ordered it online so I didn’t see it until I picked it up and the lady that I did the return with said “sparkles aren’t for you?” lol 😆

• Haha
Reactions: thatappleguytoday

off2marz

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2023
Can anyone vouch for Bullstrap or more specifically the premium pricing? They’re running a 20% off with a 10% text sign up stack.

Might bite the bullet and preorder as I’m looking for a leather case option.
I haven’t owned a Bullstrap before, but I’ve been eyeing it for a while now & read that their leather quality is one of the best. Their lifetime warranty is really enticing to me.. two replacements per year for life for any reason including cosmetic. I was gonna wait until they caught up on preorders but that sale might’ve hooked me… o_O

Also, here’s a Reddit link that shares a referral link for 20% code for first time customers :eek:

Sinistah

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2017
Minnesota
I haven’t owned a Bullstrap before, but I’ve been eyeing it for a while now & read that their leather quality is one of the best. Their lifetime warranty is really enticing to me.. two replacements per year for life for any reason including cosmetic. I was gonna wait until they caught up on preorders but that sale might’ve hooked me… o_O

Also, here’s a Reddit link that shares a referral link for 20% code for first time customers :eek:
Thanks for that. 40% off was enough to get me to pull the trigger

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
Reactions: Zensō
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.