Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
nomad02.jpg

jkel777

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2014
What do you plan on using to cover up the white logos?

If you're still looking for a leather case I'd highly recommend Ryan London (open bottom and closed bottom options):

Wait that’s super clean…. I didn’t realize they had a version with a closed bottom. No exterior logos either. Might have to consider…

Reactions: ryansebiz

dmccombs

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2013
Well, I am returning the Caudabe Synthesis. I don't hate the case, in fact it is very nice in some ways. It has a nice grip and a snug fit. I thought the buttons were ok too. I do have 2 things that I don't like though.

- It is kinda heavy. I had a Sheath on a 15 Pro and it was ok. The sheath and synthesis are within 1 gram. On the Pro Max however the Synthesis just seems too heavy or brick-like. It's not I can't lift the thing, but I don't like the way it sit in a pants pocket and pulls down my shorts. LOL

I now am trying the Apple Silcone and 2 types of finewoven cases, and these feel much nicer. These range from 29-35 grams. A 11-17 grams weight savings isn't much, but the phone feels better in my pocket.

- The other thing is that taking off the case is very hard. I feel like I am bending the phone to get the case off. I swap between a case and caseless too often to be worrrying about weather the phone will survive the case swap.

Last edited:

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Well, I am returning the Caudabe Synthesis. I don't hate the case, in fact it is very nice in some ways. It has a nice grip and a snug fit. I thought the buttons were ok too. I do have 2 things that I don't like though.

- It is kinda heavy. I had a Sheath on a 15 Pro and it was ok. The sheath and synthesis are within 1 gram. On the Pro Max however the Synthesis just seems too heavy or brick-like. It's not I can't lift the thing, but I don't like the way it sit in a pants pocket and pulls down my shorts. LOL

I now am trying the Apple Silcone and 2 types of finewoven cases, and these feel much nicer. These range from 29-35 grams. A 11-17 grams weight savings isn't much, but the phone feels better in my pocket.

- The other thing is that taking off the case is very hard. I feel like I am bending the phone to get the case off. I swap between a case and caseless too often to be worrrying about weather the phone will survive the case swap.

Yep you can easily feel the weight difference going from a Synthesis to Apple silicone cases. I'll keep my Synthesis however and just use it on the days I need a firm rugged beat around case option.

Reactions: dmccombs

Surfsalot

Suspended
Mar 18, 2023

The reason why I am sticking solid with the FW, my 15 max with FW case is same weight as my old 14 pro with sheath.

Reactions: dmccombs

aldo82

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2011
Having picked up a black FW again (having initially rejected it due to all the negative hype) I’m really enjoying it. My favourite case by far out of all of those I’ve tried and my case ‘addiction’ seems to be passing!

Hanakuso

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2014
Recently purchased a Benks case and noticed the metal camera frame is wobbly. Reached out to support but they say they don’t have any in stock for replacement.

Anyone have similar issues? Any fix?

Reactions: Jimmyone

vded

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2021
Is there any promo code for OTTERBOX?

Do we know if they'll have a Black Friday sale?

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Anyone running the Speck Presidio Grip? I know it adds some weight for the protection it provides. Nice color ways.

pr33tz

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2008
London, UK
What do you plan on using to cover up the white logos?

If you're still looking for a leather case I'd highly recommend Ryan London (open bottom and closed bottom options):

I used some black acrylic paint that I had. I didn't have a fine brush so the finish isn't as perfect as I'd like, but you can't really tell unless you look close up. It looks miles better without the white logos.

I've been looking at the Ryan London cases, especially since they offer closed bottom. Might pick one up when they're readily available.

mous15pm_2.jpg

Last edited:

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
I used some black acrylic paint that I had. I didn't have a fine bush so the finish isn't as perfect as I'd like, but you can't really tell unless you look close up. It looks miles better without the white logos.

I've been looking at the Ryan London cases, especially since they offer closed bottom. Might pick one up when they're readily available.

View attachment 2313459
It does look good without the logos. Nice and clean. Is it real leather or an inlay?

Reactions: AE14
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.