Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
I don’t think so honestly because it literally checks every box. It’s hard to find faults in in and people are saying what “could” happen without them actually happening such as camera lens scratching and things like that. Sure it’s late the game and they need to improve that but hey it is what it is. People wait for that case every year and are fine with it.
Wonder what they weight is for 15 pro NON max?

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Their cases are surprisingly heavy. I wonder if it’s the relatively thick metal camera bump that adds the extra weight.
Wouldn’t weight be relevant to protection a case provides. Ok it’s heavy at 51g but wouldn’t that correlate to how much protection it provides?

It’s not that it’s a bad case cause it’s heavy. Wouldn’t it be a good case because it’s heavy and offers the protection based on the weight ?

Reactions: Zensō

AnthroMatt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2011
Redlands, CA
Frosted has arrived. It’s a pretty nice case upon initial impressions.

Attachments

• IMG_0003.jpeg
    IMG_0003.jpeg
    650 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0002.jpeg
    IMG_0002.jpeg
    610.6 KB · Views: 108

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Wouldn’t weight be relevant to protection a case provides. Ok it’s heavy at 51g but wouldn’t that correlate to how much protection it provides?

It’s not that it’s a bad case cause it’s heavy. Wouldn’t it be a good case because it’s heavy and offers the protection based on the weight ?
That makes sense, but the Rebel is not very thick (say compared to a Defender or even a Mous), so it’s hard to see where the weight is. It does seem like a protective case based upon the drop tests on YouTube.

Reactions: Mr.C and macher

Brandy-Boi

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2020
You'd have to be insane to pay $89 for a case like that from a no-name brand. Never heard of them before.

Pretty sure this "brand" is just reselling random stuff they bought from elsewhere for a markup when you look at all the other products they sell: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=EKSED&ref=bl_dp_s_web_0
Yea I'd never take the risk, I just found it amusing how it seems like knock-off Otterbox with how the case style and text/assets used in the pics matches Otterboxes marketing. On top of the fact they have a case size for everything + the non-existent 15 Ultra is pretty funny lol. Definitely sucks since I like the shade of blue the case is but its far too risky and to try.

• Haha
Reactions: landonalder

Bacong

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2009
Westland, Michigan
anyone have this case?

my buddy is suggesting it and i want a thin case. looks pricey is it worth?

Reactions: macher and walds11

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
That makes sense, but the Rebel is not very thick (say compared to a Defender or even a Mous), so it’s hard to see where the weight is. It does seem like a protective case based upon the drop tests on YouTube.
Thick as in dimensions side by side or do you mean the thickness of the material?

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
How much weight does a technology like Shocklite add to a case that’s used in Caudabe cases?

a soft, gel-like, flexible polymer with excellent shock absorption that wraps all edges and covers the bottom of the phone

The Caudabe Synthesis to me is a very stiff case not easy to bend.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Thick as in dimensions side by side or do you mean the thickness of the material?
Both dimensions and thickness. It has raised corners but is flush to the screen along all the front edges. The back also seems thin for how stiff it is. It just appears to be a light case to me, was surprised at how heavy and stiff it was when I first picked it up. Might just be how it looks to my eye when comparing to my other cases.

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Maybe not being as thick but with some weight correlates with the protection it provides. Maybe Rebel being not very thick offers good protection but in order to be not very thick has to have weight. Take away the weight won’t be as protective but will be not very thick.

My sense tells me and I could be wrong is when it comes to protection you can be not very thick but have more weight or very thick with no weight. In other word the not very thick with weight can weigh the same as the very thick with no weight but both offer similar protection.

Now if you’re not concerned about protection maybe a case like the Apple silicone case.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zensō

Surfsalot

Suspended
Mar 18, 2023
Amazon sent me a 11 pro max symmetry inside a 13 max box, well I think it is won't fit my 13 max and my wife's 12 max. Has 6.7" 2023 on box lol.
Daughter has a 11 max will try it on that tonight.
Was refunded.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
How much weight does a technology like Shocklite add to a case that’s used in Caudabe cases?

a soft, gel-like, flexible polymer with excellent shock absorption that wraps all edges and covers the bottom of the phone

The Caudabe Synthesis to me is a very stiff case not easy to bend.
Yeah, the Synthesis is super stiff. Both cases use Shocklite around the edges, yet the Synthesis is much more torsionally stiff than the Sheath. That makes me think the extra stiffness is due to the back shell, which I’m guessing is PET. It’s interesting that the Sheath is less stiff but weighs a few grams more - you’d expect it to be lighter. Perhaps that’s due to the addition of the microfiber lining.

AnthroMatt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2011
Redlands, CA
What do you like about it? Any negatives immediately jump out?
The case feels good in hand. The weight doesn't bother me. I noticed it is heavier than the Spigen but once it's on the phone it's not really that significant. The texture on the sides has solved my main complaint with last year's frosted model...I don't think I will be dropping this nearly as often as I dropped the Gen4.

Like others, I am not a huge fan of the camera ring...I will switch that to a natural titanium if they ever go on sale lol.

I don't mind the colors of the buttons, though. They are a bit of a pewter tone and I think they look fine against the black sides.

Again, it's only been on for a couple of hours, but right now this is probably my new #1. Perfect balance of looks, usability, and protection for now. This may all change tomorrow when my Pitaka shows up though haha.

AnthroMatt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2011
Redlands, CA
Amazon sent me a 11 pro max symmetry inside a 13 max box, well I think it is won't fit my 13 max and my wife's 12 max. Has 6.7" 2023 on box lol.
Daughter has a 11 max will try it on that tonight.
Was refunded.
Happens a lot with Amazon case orders. Jerks out there order a new case for their new phone and then return their old case in the new box to get a free case. And Amazon does a terrible job of checking returns, so this happens a lot.

I once ordered an Apple leather from Amazon (sold as new) and inside my 13PM leather case box was an Apple silicone for the SE.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
The case feels good in hand. The weight doesn't bother me. I noticed it is heavier than the Spigen but once it's on the phone it's not really that significant. The texture on the sides has solved my main complaint with last year's frosted model...I don't think I will be dropping this nearly as often as I dropped the Gen4.

Like others, I am not a huge fan of the camera ring...I will switch that to a natural titanium if they ever go on sale lol.

I don't mind the colors of the buttons, though. They are a bit of a pewter tone and I think they look fine against the black sides.

Again, it's only been on for a couple of hours, but right now this is probably my new #1. Perfect balance of looks, usability, and protection for now. This may all change tomorrow when my Pitaka shows up though haha.
Thanks for the report! 👍🏼

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.