Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

InsulinJunkie72

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2022
WI, USA
It seems like Peak Design is starting to get stock trickling back in of the 15 Pro Max versions of the canvas "Everyday Case" in various colors. Based on their prior expected timeline, it hopefully is the updated version with an action button.

A unit of the Sun (Yellow) may have leaped into my cart and forced itself through checkout. I'm still investigating how this could have occured.

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
My impulse buy Caudabe’s arrived today. They both look fine, no MagSafe trough (Sheath) and the magnets seem secure (Synthesis). The texture, which I think is their strong point, feels pretty good, but I think it would be a bit much over time (for me). The buttons are just barely passable. The Action button is mushy, volume just OK—Caudabe needs to fix this. Not bad cases for the price, but for me, overhyped a bit. Of course YMMV. These will probably go back or be sold here for cheap. Back in the Mous already.

PS - as @Hooterville said, that Synthesis is ridiculously tight. My phone almost went flying when trying to get it out of the case… 😤

View attachment 2312847
No magsafe on the Sheath? It should have?

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
My impulse buy Caudabe’s arrived today. They both look fine, no MagSafe trough (Sheath) and the magnets seem secure (Synthesis). The texture, which I think is their strong point, feels pretty good, but I think it would be a bit much over time (for me). The buttons are just barely passable. The Action button is mushy, volume just OK—Caudabe needs to fix this. Not bad cases for the price, but for me, overhyped a bit. Of course YMMV. These will probably go back or be sold here for cheap. Back in the Mous already.

PS - as @Hooterville said, that Synthesis is ridiculously tight. My phone almost went flying when trying to get it out of the case… 😤

View attachment 2312847
I’m ready to pull the trigger on the Mous but I’m not too crazy about the color options. The one I like the most is the speckled but I wish it wasn’t speckled and I don’t like Aramid.

I have the Synthesis and I like it but looking for a more protective case for certain situations.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zensō

pr33tz

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2008
London, UK
I'm sooo done with cases for my 15 Pro Max. Normally each year I pick up an Apple Silicone and a Mous (or similar for better protection) and be done with it. This year for some reason I couldn't make my mind up so tried no less than a dozen cases, some of which are listed below.

Mous Limitless Aramid
Mous Limitless Leather
Otterbox Defender XT
Spigen Enzo Aramid
Torras Slim Case
Tech21 Evo Max
Apple FineWoven
Apple Silicone
Benks 600D Aramid
Caudabe Sheath

All cases had minor niggles, which I won't go into, but ultimately I ended up where I did the previous years - Apple Silicone in Storm Blue and Mous Limitless in Leather. Apple silicone is the same Apple silicone we love to hate. The Mous isn't perfect either but better than the Aramid version and in terms of design, feel and all-round protection it's hard to beat. The only thing I might do is infill the white logos in black to make it more discreet.
I want to try a leather case at some point, but for now I'm happy... I think!

mous15pm.jpg

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
I'm sooo done with cases for my 15 Pro Max. Normally each year I pick up an Apple Silicone and a Mous (or similar for better protection) and be done with it. This year for some reason I couldn't make my mind up so tried no less than a dozen cases, some of which are listed below.

Mous Limitless Aramid
Mous Limitless Leather
Otterbox Defender XT
Spigen Enzo Aramid
Torras Slim Case
Tech21 Evo Max
Apple FineWoven
Apple Silicone
Benks 600D Aramid
Caudabe Sheath

All cases had minor niggles, which I won't go into, but ultimately I ended up where I did the previous years - Apple Silicone in Storm Blue and Mous Limitless in Leather. Apple silicone is the same Apple silicone we love to hate. The Mous isn't perfect either but better than the Aramid version and in terms of design, feel and all-round protection it's hard to beat. The only thing I might do is infill the white logos in black to make it more discreet.

View attachment 2313000

I wish Mous would make a back other than speckle, leather, aramid or walnut. I like the features of the Mous but want a more “rugged” look.

How’s the grip on the Limitless 5.0?

pr33tz

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2008
London, UK
I wish Mous would make a back other than speckle, leather, aramid or walnut. I like the features of the Mous but want a more “rugged” look.

How’s the grip on the Limitless 5.0?
I wish they'd make a proper full leather case.

I find the grip good. The sides are plasticky but it has a rippled grip thing going on on both sides which makes it feel secure in the hand.

Reactions: macher

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Really enjoy the way the Phone Rebel Frosted feels. Much thinner than the Aramid fiber version. The video is dropping today and I’m really feeling it.

My opinion of the Phone Rebel lineup is way over engineered for what it could be. Corners are too fat and bloated. Plus the lineup always comes up late in the game.

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
I wish they'd make a proper full leather case.

I find the grip good. The sides are plasticky but it has a rippled grip thing going on on both sides which makes it feel secure in the hand.

I have the Caudabe Synthesis and I really like the side matrix grips.

To me with the Mous they look like inlays and to me look cheesy. But I really like what the Mous has to offer in protection.

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
My opinion of the Phone Rebel lineup is way over engineered for what it could be. Corners are too fat and bloated. Plus the lineup always comes up late in the game.
I don’t think so honestly because it literally checks every box. It’s hard to find faults in in and people are saying what “could” happen without them actually happening such as camera lens scratching and things like that. Sure it’s late the game and they need to improve that but hey it is what it is. People wait for that case every year and are fine with it.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
I’m ready to pull the trigger on the Mous but I’m not too crazy about the color options. The one I like the most is the speckled but I wish it wasn’t speckled and I don’t like Aramid.

I have the Synthesis and I like it but looking for a more protective case for certain situations.
Yeah, a plain black with that material, but without the speckles, would be awesome. Maybe the black leather would work?

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
Really enjoy the way the Phone Rebel Frosted feels. Much thinner than the Aramid fiber version. The video is dropping today and I’m really feeling it.
I need to order one. The frosted was one of my favorite cases last year but was mighty slippery and I stopped using it.
The Gen 5 side grips should help a lot. I didn't even know it was available. Asleep at the wheel over here :rolleyes:

Reactions: macher

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012

Mous Limitless Aramid
Mous Limitless Leather
Otterbox Defender XT
Spigen Enzo Aramid
Torras Slim Case
Tech21 Evo Max
Apple FineWoven
Apple Silicone
Benks 600D Aramid
Caudabe Sheath

View attachment 2313000
Can you post some pictures of the Tech 21 Evo Max?

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Aug 4, 2010
Why the return on the ghost out of curiosity?
It was badly scratched out of the box.

All of the Moft cases besides the White are available on UK Amazon BTW
Thanks! I didn’t think to look on Amazon. Wonder if the Seafoam would go with the blue PM.
Very easy and you can still see the beauty of the titanium sides...it is a very light shade of gray

swpP0BK.jpg
That looks so clean.

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Aug 4, 2010
Really liking this fine woven knock off from AliExpress. Going to order the purple one too.

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
I need to order one. The frosted was one of my favorite cases last year but was mighty slippery and I stopped using it.
The Gen 5 side grips should help a lot. I didn't even know it was available. Asleep at the wheel over here :rolleyes:
Yeah it's still a little slippery but ive had it and been using it and really enjoying it. Maybe it's just me but it feels much slimmer in hand.

Reactions: Hooterville

pr33tz

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2008
London, UK
Can you post some pictures of the Tech 21 Evo Max?
Unfortunately I've returned all but the Apple Silicone and Mouse Leather. Actually I have the Spigen Enzo too but that's going back next week.

The Tech 21 Evo Max is a solid case, but two small niggles for me. The oversized action button and the the lens cover. Great idea but a bit of a pain to open quickly if you want to take a quick snap.

Reactions: Hooterville

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
Unfortunately I've returned all but the Apple Silicone and Mouse Leather. Actually I have the Spigen Enzo too but that's going back next week.

The Tech 21 Evo Max is a solid case, but two small niggles for me. The oversized action button and the the lens cover. Great idea but a bit of a pain to open quickly if you want to take a quick snap.
Did you have the black or see thru one? Did that action button work Ok?

I'm so tempted to try this case but have a feeling it's not going to be that great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.