Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
So ghost case returned. Caudabe on eBay.

And my blue PM is back in the £10 spigen case I bought to use as a stop gap till the caudabe or ghost case arrived.

Really not sure what case to go for now. I want a clear case but not sure which to go for.

Tempted my the moft case too, but reluctant to buy cases from outside of the UK after the issues with caudabe and dbrand.

All of the Moft cases besides the White are available on UK Amazon BTW

Reactions: Mr.C and lyceumHQ

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
With Mous I'm always scared of the "Banana Boat" coming out of the box :oops:
I may be wrong, but it seems that’s part of the design to help keep the case tight after repeated installs/removals? I’m more concerned about cases that start bowing the other direction which makes them more likely to pop off the phone upon impact.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Thanks for the photo. It’s a very nice and pricey case at 55€ but I hoped for clear sides so we can admire the titanium.

I’m removing the case numerous times in the day, the Lumen can be removed easily?

Very easy and you can still see the beauty of the titanium sides...it is a very light shade of gray

swpP0BK.jpg

off2marz

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2023
It's a shame cause I really like the Synthesis, but the action button being mushy just doesn't sit well with me. The volume buttons are passable but they're no where near good. I like the grip on the Sheath, but the bulk it adds I can't do :confused:

I was watching a review on YouTube this morning for the 15 even though I already have the phone (I'm weird, I know) but the reviewer said that even though the 15 pro/pro max got reduced in weight, you won't notice it.. I was like "yeah right! That's the first thing you notice." So the added weight from the Sheath or Synthesis, I just can't do, which sucks cause I really liked the Sheath on my 14 PM.

The Apple silicone is now what my phone lives in, for me it's the perfect case outside of the lint/dust it attracts. I don't see myself buying another Sheath/Synthesis this year unless they put out an awesome color that is to die for, but knowing Caudabe and how stubborn they are with colors, I won't get my hopes up.
You know, when I first put the Synthesis on, I really liked it for the side grips. But after I wore it for 2 days straight, it started to irritate my palm. I’m looking into getting an Apple silicone soon, just hoping it’s more grippy in the hands than my Elago silicone.

Reactions: Djones96

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
I may be wrong, but it seems that’s part of the design to help keep the case tight after repeated installs/removals? I’m more concerned about cases that start bowing the other direction which makes them more likely to pop off the phone upon impact.

Yes, this curvature on the sides is part of the design, I'm talking about the case coming out of the box curved like a Banana o_O

Reactions: Zensō

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
You know, when I first put the Synthesis on, I really liked it for the side grips. But after I wore it for 2 days straight, it started to irritate my palm. I’m looking into getting an Apple silicone soon, just hoping it’s more grippy in the hands than my Elago silicone.
I totally feel you when you say that the grips on the Synthesis irritated your palm.

I haven't tried the Elago case, but the Apple silicone is very grippy IMO. It might not feel like it initially out of the box, but once you use it for a few days, it becomes very grippy. I think you'd like it more than the Elago.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Yes, this curvature on the sides is part of the design, I'm talking about the case coming out of the box curved like a Banana o_O
Yes, I understand. I wasn’t referring to the raised lips at top and bottom, but the overall curvature of the back (the banana bend), which theoretically should help keep the case tight over time. I’ve had a few cases start bending the other direction as they get used, which seems to cause them to eventually get looser and looser. I have no idea if the banana bend is by design, but it does seem to help with maintaining a tight fit (or at least I imagine it does). 🧐

Reactions: SweetLou122

Brandy-Boi

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2020
Does anyone know anything about this brand of cases? They look very similar to Otterbox but off brand. I like the shades of blue on it but can't find anything about the brand name "Eksed Shockproof Case".

I also just noticed that there's five iPhone sizes/models they're selling for, the regular 15/Pro, Plus, Pro Max & the iPhone 15 Ultra lol. Definitely raises some red flags but was still amused and curious.

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Got a question. This is the first year I’m running MagSafe cases upgrading from the iPhone 12.

I notice with a lot of cases with MagSafe that the inside where the MagSafe is indented. Will this cause indentation or mark up the iPhone over time to the iPhone? Or should you use a clear skin?

jack_1992

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2020
So had my Synthesis on for 24 hours and honestly I just don’t like it, I’m actually really disappointed. The action button is horrific, it just doesn’t seem to press at all.

What we do we think about Apple Silicone cases? Any good? Looking at Winter Blue but worried about the grip and the dust magnet…
Or the Otterbox Symmetry but everywhere seems sold out of the blue and not sure what I think about the green or orange!

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
So had my Synthesis on for 24 hours and honestly I just don’t like it, I’m actually really disappointed. The action button is horrific, it just doesn’t seem to press at all.

What we do we think about Apple Silicone cases? Any good? Looking at Winter Blue but worried about the grip and the dust magnet…
The action button on my Synthesis is mushy, very disappointing.

I love the Apple silicone case, very grippy IMO, but unfortunately does attract dust/lint. Outside of that, it's the perfect case for me. I'd recommend at least giving it a shot! I posted pictures of the Cypress and Clay on my white titanium phone up above, but I've actually been considering the Winter Blue as well since it does look very good. The lighter colors will do a better job at hiding the lint and dust.

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
The action button on my Synthesis is mushy, very disappointing.

I love the Apple silicone case, very grippy IMO, but unfortunately does attract dust/lint. Outside of that, it's the perfect case for me. I'd recommend at least giving it a shot! I posted pictures of the Cypress and Clay on my white titanium phone up above, but I've actually been considering the Winter Blue as well since it does look very good. The lighter colors will do a better job at hiding the lint and dust.
How I would describe the action button on the Synthesis is, doesn’t have the click feel like the other buttons but mine works whenever you press it.

jack_1992

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2020
How I would describe the action button on the Synthesis is, doesn’t have the click feel like the other buttons but mine works whenever you press it.
I agree on this, it works but I have absolutely no idea if it’s pressed easily. Personally I need that click feel to know it’s clicked the button

Reactions: macher

Prototypical

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2011
Nebraska
Finally moved from a XS to a 15 Pro last night (still blown away at the speed of this thing) and grabbed a Clay Silicon case. Just like the one I had for the XS, it's nearly perfect - great fitment, looks amazing, excellent button feel... Just hate the pocket lint it collects. It's still slightly slippery too, but IIRC these cases get grippier as they wear in.

Thinking about picking up a Pitaka to go with it. I had an Evutec aramid fiber case on my XS for 3+ years and loved it. Bummed that they've apparently gone under; the case was just about perfect. Pitaka seems like the closest equivalent for the 15s?

SweetLou122

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2011
Yes, I understand. I wasn’t referring to the raised lips at top and bottom, but the overall curvature of the back (the banana bend), which theoretically should help keep the case tight over time. I’ve had a few cases start bending the other direction as they get used, which seems to cause them to eventually get looser and looser. I have no idea if the banana bend is by design, but it does seem to help with maintaining a tight fit (or at least I imagine it does). 🧐

Second this. It’s only noticeable if you look at the case from the side without the phone in it.

Reactions: Zensō
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.