Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

SR Steve

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2010
Finally moved from a XS to a 15 Pro last night (still blown away at the speed of this thing) and grabbed a Clay Silicon case. Just like the one I had for the XS, it's nearly perfect - great fitment, looks amazing, excellent button feel... Just hate the pocket lint it collects. It's still slightly slippery too, but IIRC these cases get grippier as they wear in.

Thinking about picking up a Pitaka to go with it. I had an Evutec aramid fiber case on my XS for 3+ years and loved it. Bummed that they've apparently gone under; the case was just about perfect. Pitaka seems like the closest equivalent for the 15s?
Which Pitaka? If it's the Pro 4 I'd hold off until they get their shipping sorted out. The order for my 15 PM MagEZ Case Pro 4 was placed on 11/2, arrived at the HK airport on 11/8 and remained there until yesterday 11/14 when it finally arrived at LAX. They seem to be overwhelmed at customer service as I've read elsewhere that my experience is not an isolated one.

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Which Pitaka? If it's the Pro 4 I'd hold off until they get their shipping sorted out. The order for my 15 PM MagEZ Case Pro 4 was placed on 11/2, arrived at the HK airport on 11/8 and remained there until yesterday 11/14 when it finally arrived at LAX. They seem to be overwhelmed at customer service as I've read elsewhere that my experience is not an isolated one.
Pitaka pro for iPhone 15 pro on Amazon.

Reactions: AE14

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Benks pro 30% off.

Reactions: kadinh and rmadsen3

AnthroMatt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2011
Redlands, CA
Same. Mine made it to LAX yesterday. Only 65 miles away now lol

EDIT: Nevermind, it is in Vegas now for some odd reason. lol, gooo USPS

Last edited:

off2marz

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2023
Spigen ENZO coming in HOTT :oops: This just might be my new favorite case of the day. This case is nice. The fit, feel and construction are top notch IMO. The sides are kind of a firm rubbery TPU, aluminum buttons are fantastic, very clicky with a nice soft padding on the insides. The inside back has a nice soft felt like lining and the MagSafe is STRONG ! This case is extremely TIGHT to get on the phone but what a nice snug fit once it's on. The aluminum logo on the back is recessed into the case and is nice and flush along the back. Best $35. case I've ever bought. Here are some pics:

View attachment 2286772 View attachment 2286773 View attachment 2286774 View attachment 2286775 View attachment 2286776 View attachment 2286777 View attachment 2286778 View attachment 2286779 View attachment 2286783 View attachment 2286784 View attachment 2286785 View attachment 2286787 View attachment 2286788 View attachment 2286789
When you said this case is extremely tight, is it as tight as the Synthesis when taking on/off? Did you end up keeping it in your collection?

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
My impulse buy Caudabe’s arrived today. They both look fine, no MagSafe trough (Sheath) and the magnets seem secure (Synthesis). The texture, which I think is their strong point, feels pretty good, but I think it would be a bit much over time (for me). The buttons are just barely passable. The Action button is mushy, volume just OK—Caudabe needs to fix this. Not bad cases for the price, but for me, overhyped a bit. Of course YMMV. These will probably go back or be sold here for cheap. Back in the Mous already.

PS - as @Hooterville said, that Synthesis is ridiculously tight. My phone almost went flying when trying to get it out of the case… 😤

DSCF2402.jpeg

Prospekt

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2009
When you said this case is extremely tight, is it as tight as the Synthesis when taking on/off? Did you end up keeping it in your collection?
Not OP but I have both the Enzo and synthesis and the synthesis is way harder to get on and off. The Enzo is tight but a lot easier to remove (but still tight enough where it’s a very confident fit)

off2marz

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2023
My impulse buy Caudabe’s arrived today. They both look fine, no MagSafe trough (Sheath) and the magnets seem secure (Synthesis). The texture, which I think is their strong point, feels pretty good, but I think it would be a bit much over time (for me). The buttons are just barely passable. The Action button is mushy, volume just OK—Caudabe needs to fix this. Not bad cases for the price, but for me, overhyped a bit. Of course YMMV. These will probably go back or be sold here for cheap. Back in the Mous already.

PS - as @Hooterville said, that Synthesis is ridiculously tight. My phone almost went flying when trying to get it out of the case… 😤

View attachment 2312847
I emailed them to initiate my return of the Synthesis, stating the stiffness of the buttons as my reason. They responded (same day) that the buttons “typically take several days of use to break in”. While that might be true, I emailed back reiterating my request to return as that wasn’t my only reason. Hopefully the next email from them will include a return QR code. Im definitely keeping the Sheath though.

InsulinJunkie72

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2022
WI, USA
It's kind of funny how quickly there was a widespread souring on the Synthesis amongst many the last few days. I got one heavily discounted as well, but I think it's spent less then five minutes on phone. Not a huge fan myself, either, with its dollar store feel (to me). It very well may be my least favorite case I've tried thus far.

When you said this case is extremely tight, is it as tight as the Synthesis when taking on/off?
Noooo..... also have both; Synthesis is an entirely different league in terms of "death grip".

Last edited:

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
I emailed them to initiate my return of the Synthesis, stating the stiffness of the buttons as my reason. They responded (same day) that the buttons “typically take several days of use to break in”. While that might be true, I emailed back reiterating my request to return as that wasn’t my only reason. Hopefully the next email from them will include a return QR code. Im definitely keeping the Sheath though.
When I tried to return a Sheath a while back they wanted me to “use it for two weeks to get used to it”. I thought that was a strange request, but didn’t feel like arguing, so ended up giving it away. Not a big deal, but not an ideal response. I do realize they were in a very busy time a few weeks ago…

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
In the YouTube comments someone said the metal camera ring rubbed on the lens surround and cracked their back glass. Yikes!
i’ve been using mine as my main case since they came out and i haven’t seen any problems. can’t see how the camera ring could damage the lens glass. i’m questioning that report.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
i’ve been using mine as my main case since they came out and i haven’t seen any problems. can’t see how the camera ring could damage the lens glass. i’m questioning that report.
Yeah, it seems odd. I also don’t know why someone would make that up, but hey it’s the internet.

illmatic41

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2012
I have to agree with this. The camera ring doesn't even touch the glass or the raised camera platform. There is a 1mm gap between the raised camera platform and the entire case frame with metal ring that sits on top of the case frame.

Reactions: Zensō

illmatic41

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2012
Another KFC Rebel Gen 5 review o_O

Also, this review is trash. The PR Gen 5 is NOT perfect, but you gotta understand why some design decisions were made. The charge port cut out being small is to give more support structure for the bottom cover so it's not flimsy as there's less mass on the lower and upper "lips." Which then bring us to the complaint of it not having a top and bottom with no "raisivity"(Lol, you ain't Flossy), this has been a Phone Rebel design for awhile and something they promote as feature. He should have known this before buying. Then to complain the case is heavy, but ask to add more plastic to cover the camera ring from scratches. Only the Pitaka Pro has the plastic to protect the metal camera ring. Also to say the aramid is slippery? Compared to what other aramid case? Pitaka 600D and 1500D? Benks 600D? Spigen 1500D? Out all 5 of these case, the Gen 5 is the only one that has a legit textured feel. Yeah, i've tried them all.

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
Also to say the aramid is slippery? Compared to what other aramid case? Pitaka 600D and 1500D? Benks 600D? Spigen 1500D? Out all 5 of these case, the Gen 5 is the only one that has a legit textured feel. Yeah, i've tried them all.
totally agree. i have the enzo and pitaka 600d and you can’t feel any texture.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.