Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

MadAngelUK

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2012
Unfortunately I've returned all but the Apple Silicone and Mouse Leather. Actually I have the Spigen Enzo too but that's going back next week.

The Tech 21 Evo Max is a solid case, but two small niggles for me. The oversized action button and the the lens cover. Great idea but a bit of a pain to open quickly if you want to take a quick snap.

I've been tempted by this case again particularly with the orange buttons, I had the clear on for the 14 pro max but as much as I bought it to protect the camera module I found it a hassle in 'quick snap' situations.

Looking on Apple UK I've found another one I've not seen available elsewhere, it doesn't have the camera slider and the buttons and magnets are glow in the dark ...sad I know, but it doesn't take much to fascinate me! 😂 - It could look quite good on a dark phone

(Weirdly It only came up under a specific search for Tech21 cases).

Attachments

• HRDD2.jpg
    HRDD2.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 82

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
I've been tempted by this case again particularly with the orange buttons, I had the clear on for the 14 pro max but as much as I bought it to protect the camera module I found it a hassle in 'quick snap' situations.

Looking on Apple UK I've found another one I've not seen available elsewhere, it doesn't have the camera slider and the buttons and magnets are glow in the dark ...sad I know, but it doesn't take much to fascinate me! 😂 - It could look quite good on a dark phone

(Weirdly It only came up under a specific search for Tech21 cases).

I like that one, is it available here in the US?

MadAngelUK

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2012
I like that one, is it available here in the US?
Not sure... Apple UK only added it yesterday although it didn't show up under 'whats new' or when searching for cases compatible with the 15 pro max. I found it accidentally when using the search bar for Tech21. It's possible you may find it in the same way on the US store. It not even featured on the Tech21 website yet. All that said, I should receive it by post tomorrow.

Reactions: Hooterville

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
Not sure... Apple UK only added it yesterday although it didn't show up under 'whats new' or when searching for cases compatible with the 15 pro max. I found it accidentally when using the search bar for Tech21. It's possible you may find it in the same way on the US store. It not even featured on the Tech21 website yet. All that said, I should receive it by post tomorrow.
Yea, it's not on the Apple site in the US. Can you please post some pictures once you receive it?

Reactions: MadAngelUK

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Is the Caudabe Sheath the only case that doesn’t eventually show the MagSafe circle from wear? Are there others?

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Unfortunately I've returned all but the Apple Silicone and Mouse Leather. Actually I have the Spigen Enzo too but that's going back next week.

The Tech 21 Evo Max is a solid case, but two small niggles for me. The oversized action button and the the lens cover. Great idea but a bit of a pain to open quickly if you want to take a quick snap.
Can’t you keep the camera lens cover open all the time?

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
You could but the cover overhangs slightly on the other side when it's locked open.
I still might get it to use for certain situations. In the certain situations I wouldn’t need to take a quick pic.

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Yeah it's still a little slippery but ive had it and been using it and really enjoying it. Maybe it's just me but it feels much slimmer in hand.
Tee just watched the video. That Phone Rebel frosted looks absolutely hot. I like the frosted / matte back. What about the screws to change camera, will they scratch the phone?

InsulinJunkie72

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2022
WI, USA
Yea, it's not a good look.
I actually placed an Amazon order for that case (in all black) before, as the camera cover and 20ft impact rating would be very appealing to me. However, I chickened out less than an hour later and cancelled.

First reason is that I'm worried the opened cover would stick out too far when taking landscape photos, and bump into my thumb.
Second reason is that it looks like that camera area might interfere with usage of Magsafe wallets.
Third reason would be that it's not the prettiest case, in either clear or black.

If it was less than $60 new, maybe... but not at full price.

timeconsumer

macrumors 68020
Aug 1, 2008
Portland
I contacted dbrand support on November 6th to initiate a return but haven’t received a response yet. Good luck!
To post an update on this: I finally received a response on November 15th. I returned the case this morning (November 16th) and sent pictures to their support showing that I dropped it in an outgoing mailbox. I have been issued a full refund, should be receiving it in 3 days according to the last email I received. It took a long time to get a reply but once I got that initial reply all additional contact was very fast. Overall I have a favorable opinion of their support.

Reason for returning if anybody is curious, it was scratched before I even put my phone in the case and then had a lot more scratches on the inside of the case just from putting my phone in the case. Can’t imagine what this case would look like in a week, a month, or even a year worth of use!

Still on the lookout for a clear case but right now leaning towards the Otterbox Lumen in gray.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
I don’t think so honestly because it literally checks every box. It’s hard to find faults in in and people are saying what “could” happen without them actually happening such as camera lens scratching and things like that. Sure it’s late the game and they need to improve that but hey it is what it is. People wait for that case every year and are fine with it.

51 grams unchecks a box right away.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.