Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
What purpose does PET provide on a case?
It’s a hard plastic used for things like water jugs and food packaging. In phone cases it seems to be primarily used for back plates to provide stiffness and scratch protection.

Reactions: macher

kadinh

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
Initiated the return of the Synthesis just now. I used it for a day and just wasn’t my cup of tea. Texture on the back isn’t as grippy as it used to be like the 13PM case I tried out; texture is basically nonexistent now. Also I didn’t like the mushiness of the action button. I think if I took the case off and pressed the button for a while it would break in, but I’m just not a fan of the case overall.

Received 15 Pro apple silicon case today…for my 15PM. I ordered too hastily and didn’t pay attention to the size. Will have to wait until Monday to try out the correct size. Felt nice tho.

Benks case should be here tomorrow, ordered the Mous Limitless and PR Frost just now as well to see if I like either of them. Preordered Bullstrap sienna leather case as well. I think I’ll have all my bases covered!

InsulinJunkie72

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2022
WI, USA
It seems like Peak Design is starting to get stock trickling back in of the 15 Pro Max versions of the canvas "Everyday Case" in various colors. Based on their prior expected timeline, it hopefully is the updated version with an action button.
Guess not! Got an email a bit ago from Peak Design that in part said:
  • We now expect updated iPhone 15 Pro & Pro Max cases (with buttons instead of cutouts) to be shipping globally in early December (initial estimate was late November)
  • And if you've participated in our Case Update Program, we now expect iPhone 15 Button Fix-It Kits to be ready to ship in early December (initial estimate was mid November)
In short, they’re almost here, but running 1-3 weeks behind initial estimates.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Otterbox Lumen in Gray. 10/10 for my needs.

I mean there's no better matching case for the natty titanium. Checks the 4 important boxes for my needs too...top shelf tactile buttons, very lightweight, super thin that is form fitted to the phone perfectly, and MagSafe so dang strong.

For $50, makes the Ghost case laughable.

ylfyjK3.jpg

Surfsalot

Suspended
Mar 18, 2023

I mean there's no better matching case for the natty titanium. Checks the 4 important boxes for my needs too...top shelf tactile buttons, very lightweight, super thin that is form fitted to the phone perfectly, and MagSafe so dang strong.

ylfyjK3.jpg
What about pinky :) Scratches? Smudges?

SweetLou122

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2011

ylfyjK3.jpg

how is the grip on the sides?

That was probably the second biggest factor in picking up the ghost, the first being the design-plus no branding. I just did not like how the sides on most clear cases felt.

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
My opinion of the Phone Rebel lineup is way over engineered for what it could be. Corners are too fat and bloated. Plus the lineup always comes up late in the game.
You’d think so, but remember he throws the phones off a 45 foot tower or something and they live so they’re doing something right lol

Reactions: Jaggrey

InsulinJunkie72

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2022
WI, USA

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008

ylfyjK3.jpg
I think we have different definitions of “super thin” 😂

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
I'm sooo done with cases for my 15 Pro Max. Normally each year I pick up an Apple Silicone and a Mous (or similar for better protection) and be done with it. This year for some reason I couldn't make my mind up so tried no less than a dozen cases, some of which are listed below.

Mous Limitless Aramid
Mous Limitless Leather
Otterbox Defender XT
Spigen Enzo Aramid
Torras Slim Case
Tech21 Evo Max
Apple FineWoven
Apple Silicone
Benks 600D Aramid
Caudabe Sheath

All cases had minor niggles, which I won't go into, but ultimately I ended up where I did the previous years - Apple Silicone in Storm Blue and Mous Limitless in Leather. Apple silicone is the same Apple silicone we love to hate. The Mous isn't perfect either but better than the Aramid version and in terms of design, feel and all-round protection it's hard to beat. The only thing I might do is infill the white logos in black to make it more discreet.
I want to try a leather case at some point, but for now I'm happy... I think!

View attachment 2313000
What’s that extra frame around your cameras? There’s the case camera ring, then a second one…

ryansebiz

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2008
All cases had minor niggles, which I won't go into, but ultimately I ended up where I did the previous years - Apple Silicone in Storm Blue and Mous Limitless in Leather. Apple silicone is the same Apple silicone we love to hate. The Mous isn't perfect either but better than the Aramid version and in terms of design, feel and all-round protection it's hard to beat. The only thing I might do is infill the white logos in black to make it more discreet.
I want to try a leather case at some point, but for now I'm happy... I think!

View attachment 2313000
What do you plan on using to cover up the white logos?

If you're still looking for a leather case I'd highly recommend Ryan London (open bottom and closed bottom options):

Reactions: pr33tz and jkel777

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022

ylfyjK3.jpg
I liked it a lot too but had to return due to the sparkley MagSafe ring.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.