Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
Is it as protective as Apple's Leather cases, or more so? Is there any branding/logo on the exterior? Now you got me considering this case... lol
I think it’s pretty similar level of protection in my humble opinion. Seems very very similar except the Aspens build quality seems better, higher quality leather. Only exterior branding can be seen in my pictures below the power button on the side. If I had to choose between this or apples leather, I would choose this.

Reactions: jkel777 and Zensō

kvlq

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2015
I just got my Caudabe Synthesis in celestial blue for 15 Pro.
I like this case! First time going with Caudabe.

Attachments

• IMG_0219.jpg
    IMG_0219.jpg
    421.1 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0220.jpg
    IMG_0220.jpg
    379.7 KB · Views: 85

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
I hear lot of people saying the Synthesis adds a lot of weight to the 15 Pro. I don’t find it heavy at all.
On the PM it weighs 45 grams compared to the Apple Silicone which weighs 33 grams. I assume there’s a similar difference on the Pro, perhaps a little less. I agree that it’s not particularly heavy compared to some of the competition.

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Aug 4, 2010
So ghost case returned. Caudabe on eBay.

And my blue PM is back in the £10 spigen case I bought to use as a stop gap till the caudabe or ghost case arrived.

Really not sure what case to go for now. I want a clear case but not sure which to go for.

Tempted my the moft case too, but reluctant to buy cases from outside of the UK after the issues with caudabe and dbrand.

Reactions: timeconsumer

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Mous Black Leather or Bamboo ??

Got some Amazon gift cards burning a hole in my pocket o_O

For me neither. Sounds silly, but I am a sucker for clean, minimal company branding. Nomad simple on the side, Caudabe small tiny logo, even Spigen/Otteebox branding on the side done well enough doesn't bother me. That Mous white branding at the bottom just not a fan.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Not gonna lie.. this morning I decided to switch back to Synthesis after not using it for a couple days and now I’m really considering returning it bc of the action button. Probably keep the Sheath as it’s grippy enough for me and the button is a little better.
It's a shame cause I really like the Synthesis, but the action button being mushy just doesn't sit well with me. The volume buttons are passable but they're no where near good. I like the grip on the Sheath, but the bulk it adds I can't do :confused:
Same. I've been a Caudabe user for years (Sheath every year since I can remember), but the weight drop for the 15 Pro is so nice that adding a heavy case like the Synthesis or Sheath ruins that. Also getting pretty fed up with the rough/sandpaper-like feel. It's a shame as I like the look of them. Wish they'd be a little more adventurous with their colours though again.

I've switched to Apple silicone which is lighter and nicer to hold, can't see my switching back to Caudabe unless they release a colour which makes me want to put up with the weight/feel.
I was watching a review on YouTube this morning for the 15 even though I already have the phone (I'm weird, I know) but the reviewer said that even though the 15 pro/pro max got reduced in weight, you won't notice it.. I was like "yeah right! That's the first thing you notice." So the added weight from the Sheath or Synthesis, I just can't do, which sucks cause I really liked the Sheath on my 14 PM.

The Apple silicone is now what my phone lives in, for me it's the perfect case outside of the lint/dust it attracts. I don't see myself buying another Sheath/Synthesis this year unless they put out an awesome color that is to die for, but knowing Caudabe and how stubborn they are with colors, I won't get my hopes up.

MM301

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2020
Same. I've been a Caudabe user for years (Sheath every year since I can remember), but the weight drop for the 15 Pro is so nice that adding a heavy case like the Synthesis or Sheath ruins that. Also getting pretty fed up with the rough/sandpaper-like feel. It's a shame as I like the look of them. Wish they'd be a little more adventurous with their colours though again.

I've switched to Apple silicone which is lighter and nicer to hold, can't see my switching back to Caudabe unless they release a colour which makes me want to put up with the weight/feel.
Same. The Sheath is the best case I’ve used so far, but the texture is a bit too much on a day to day basis.

I ordered an Apple Silicone. If that doesn’t work, I’m just going caseless.

Spent way too much time and money trying to find a replacement for the Apple Leather.

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
My vote is for the black leather too! It would compliment your black iPhone better than the Bamboo would.
Here is the Bamboo on my 14PM from last year. Loved the look but the clear finish on the back went to hell pretty quick. Haven't had a Mous black leather in ages so maybe I'll just go for it.

boo1.jpg

Reactions: Djones96 and Zensō

SweetLou122

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2011
So ghost case returned. Caudabe on eBay.

And my blue PM is back in the £10 spigen case I bought to use as a stop gap till the caudabe or ghost case arrived.

Really not sure what case to go for now. I want a clear case but not sure which to go for.

Tempted my the moft case too, but reluctant to buy cases from outside of the UK after the issues with caudabe and dbrand.

Why the return on the ghost out of curiosity?

dmccombs

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2013
I am looking for a case for my 15 PM with light-mid level protection, ~30-35 grams, non-slippery, and not black. So I tried the Apple finewoven, and an amazon finewoven cases.

I've had the amazon one for a week, and just got the Apple one. Here are a few pics and first impressions.

Apple:
- 29.3 grams
- Tight, smooth weave on the back
- Smooth sides
- Thinner case overall (good for weight, maybe bad for durability and protection)
- A little slippery on day 1.
- Slightly more refined looking

Amazon:
- 38.3 grams
- Slightly course weave
- Slightly rougher sides
- Slightly thicker case overall
- Better grip, not slippery
- Good looking case even with the courser weave.

Overall, the Amazon case is al little heavier and a little strudier. And of course it is $40 cheaper.

I still have a couple weeks to choose, but If I had to decide today, I would keep the amazon one despite it being 9 grams heavier. The Amazon is still pretty sleek and light overall.

Apple on left, Amazon on right:
IMG_0246.jpeg
IMG_0247.jpeg

IMG_0248.jpeg

IMG_0249.jpeg

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
I’m curious what happened with the finish? Did it just wear through or did it break down in some other way?
It was like the clear coating was coming off. Kind of like worn out floor polish. I'll dig in my old pics and see If I have anything that shows it.

Reactions: Zensō

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
It's a shame cause I really like the Synthesis, but the action button being mushy just doesn't sit well with me. The volume buttons are passable but they're no where near good. I like the grip on the Sheath, but the bulk it adds I can't do :confused:

I was watching a review on YouTube this morning for the 15 even though I already have the phone (I'm weird, I know) but the reviewer said that even though the 15 pro/pro max got reduced in weight, you won't notice it.. I was like "yeah right! That's the first thing you notice." So the added weight from the Sheath or Synthesis, I just can't do, which sucks cause I really liked the Sheath on my 14 PM.

The Apple silicone is now what my phone lives in, for me it's the perfect case outside of the lint/dust it attracts. I don't see myself buying another Sheath/Synthesis this year unless they put out an awesome color that is to die for, but knowing Caudabe and how stubborn they are with colors, I won't get my hopes up.
Which silicone color did you end up with for the white titanium?

lisek99

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2019
Amazon:
- 38.3 grams
- Slightly course weave
- Slightly rougher sides
- Slightly thicker case overall
- Better grip, not slippery
- Good looking case even with the courser weave.

Overall, the Amazon case is al little heavier and a little strudier. And of course it is $40 cheaper.

I still have a couple weeks to choose, but If I had to decide today, I would keep the amazon one despite it being 9 grams heavier. The Amazon is still pretty sleek and light overall.

Apple on left, Amazon on right:
View attachment 2312673

Can you provide a link to this case?

vded

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2021
Yep that's the one. The sides are gray.

r4unl9d.jpg

Thanks for the photo. It’s a very nice and pricey case at 55€ but I hoped for clear sides so we can admire the titanium.

I’m removing the case numerous times in the day, the Lumen can be removed easily?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.