Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

kadinh

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
Can anyone vouch for Bullstrap or more specifically the premium pricing? They’re running a 20% off with a 10% text sign up stack.

Might bite the bullet and preorder as I’m looking for a leather case option.
I 100% will. best leather case I have come across, plus their lifetime warranty is very impressive. I posted about it a few pages ago.

Reactions: Sinistah

thekidat

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Zagg London Snap case is down to $39 on US Amazon for most colors. Might pull the trigger

kadinh

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
I've always been curious about bullstrap, but that open bottom is a no go for me..
to each their own. I owned one for my 13PM for almost the whole 2 years I had my phone and I loved it.

I don't know if I have said this before, but I usually like to have 3 cases for my phones:

- leather
- protective
- thin/light

if I want more protection, I would switch to the heavier duty case(s); for the 13PM it was the Casetify Impact (loved the tacky grip) and Mous Limitless (never used it because it was too slippery for my tastes).

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
to each their own. I owned one for my 13PM for almost the whole 2 years I had my phone and I loved it.

I don't know if I have said this before, but I usually like to have 3 cases for my phones:

- leather
- protective
- thin/light

if I want more protection, I would switch to the heavier duty case(s); for the 13PM it was the Casetify Impact (loved the tacky grip) and Mous Limitless (never used it because it was too slippery for my tastes).
Might give it a go, but we'll see lol.

What's your usual go-to for a thin/light case? Have you picked one for your phone this year?

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
I think the sparkles are obvious up close, but from a distance you can't see em.

I do not see any sparkles on my case and this is put back in the box against a white backdrop ...again like you said, I am not looking at the case close up in a macro photography way lol

QhNAMHb.jpg

Reactions: vded

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
I do not see any sparkles on my case and this is put back in the box against a white backdrop ...again like you said, I am not looking at the case close up in a macro photography way lol

QhNAMHb.jpg

You’re getting those perfect angles where the sparkles don’t show even though I can still see them in that photo and know it would show more if you angled it differently.

But it’s all good! Some people see the sparkles and you don’t so that’s what matters really lol

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
You’re getting those perfect angles where the sparkles don’t show even though I can still see them in that photo and know it would show more if you angled it differently.

But it’s all good! Some people see the sparkles and you don’t so that’s what matters really lol

Ok I am over the sparkles controversy lol so ridiculous this conversation

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Aug 4, 2010
Can you link it or tell me which store on there you bought it from? Cause I've been thinking of grabbing a Taupe or Mulberry one
Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! £7.95 70% Off | Official Original Apple Fine Woven Twill Magsafe Case For iPhone 15 Pro Max 15Pro 15Plus Cover Wireless Charging Magnetic Case

dmccombs

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2013
When I tried to return a Sheath a while back they wanted me to “use it for two weeks to get used to it”. I thought that was a strange request, but didn’t feel like arguing, so ended up giving it away. Not a big deal, but not an ideal response. I do realize they were in a very busy time a few weeks ago…

I emailed them to initiate my return of the Synthesis, stating the stiffness of the buttons as my reason. They responded (same day) that the buttons “typically take several days of use to break in”. While that might be true, I emailed back reiterating my request to return as that wasn’t my only reason. Hopefully the next email from them will include a return QR code. Im definitely keeping the Sheath though.

Caudabe is pulling the same crap with me. On their website the say their are "Super Easy", and you "simply" send then an email for a return/refund. Just like getting their case this year (slow email, multiple backorders), doing a return is not hassle free. If you want to do a return expect multiple rounds of email.

In my return request email, I even wrote that wasn't interested in different colors or case models. So they said I could exchange for screen protectors or cables. They are determined to make you email them a few times to get a return done, and they hope that you'll just go away. again, not "Super Easy", and not "Simple"

Dealing with Caudabe has not been a pleasant experience this year. In fact it's been a lot of unnecessary hassle.

tandp74

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2010
IL
Looks like new Spigen case (style armor) is about to drop

It’s been on amazon for several days now, but only in “midnight indigo”. Had it a few days and it’s decent. A bit slippery at first if your hands are very dry, but develops a bit more grip after some use. Main cons are that it’s a pretty slim case, but still on the heavy side at nearly 40g for the regular 15 Pro. Also, the front lip, while decently protective, is kind of sharp and interferes with swipes.

Reactions: Prospekt

Jaggrey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2015
Pembroke Pines, FL
Just got this email blast from dbrand regarding the Ghost case. This is the highlight. If someone wants me to post the whole email let me know.

For those who have been affected by a case that didn’t meet expectations on scratch resistance: whether that’s because your case arrived scratched or got scratched remarkably fast after delivery, here’s our commitment:

As soon as our revised Ghost is ready - one that features both zero-yellowing and increased scratch resistance, we’ll send it to you for free.

In fact, since we want everyone to have the best possible version of the Ghost Case, we're sending it to everyone who owns a Ghost - no matter if their case arrived pristine or scuffed, whether they’re satisfied or dissatisfied with its scratch resistance. Everyone is getting the improved Ghost. For free.

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
Just got this email blast from dbrand regarding the Ghost case. This is the highlight. If someone wants me to post the whole email let me know.
I got this too. My case was not scratched on delivery. And just hairlines/minor scuffs after use. Barely noticeable when the case is on the iPhone. This thing rocks! I’ll take a new, updated one though!

Hooterville

Suspended
Sep 24, 2012
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.